Official P3 Range Leaderboard

So just a little more than your last flight. Always no battery mod and with the little Maxx Antenna ? Right ?

Ps: you have a warning in HD for a major deviation cell ( in case yo don't see it)
Thanks I did not see that at first. All so on the way out I was in Att mode on the way back it was in GPS. different in drain.

Hey guys, I think i found a great spot to test distance - over the flat Florida everglades. I had my stock p3p out pretty far a couple of days ago. But i didn't manage to catch the specific distance away before i turned the bird around. Last specific number I saw was just over 15,000 feet. But I'm sure it was closer to 20k, as I kept flying and never lost signal. I noticed my battery was getting lower than 60%, so I turned the bird back around. Unfortunately though, before i looked at the specific diatance away.

Is there a way i can go back into that flight log and recall the specifics of that flight? Or just simply make another run?

Hey guys, I think i found a great spot to test distance - over the flat Florida everglades. I had my stock p3p out pretty far a couple of days ago. But i didn't manage to catch the specific distance away before i turned the bird around. Last specific number I saw was just over 15,000 feet. But I'm sure it was closer to 20k, as I kept flying and never lost signal. I noticed my battery was getting lower than 60%, so I turned the bird back around. Unfortunately though, before i looked at the specific diatance away.

Is there a way i can go back into that flight log and recall the specifics of that flight? Or just simply make another run?

Check out healthydrones.com to synchronize your flight logs

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Blessed77

From the main Dji go page, the top left of the page has an icon where you can open your flight logs. Once you get into that, locate your flight and play it back and you can see the farthest distance.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 264
I had what I thought was a new record. However, something else prevented me. I think the batteries I ran were abused too much and tapered off quickly on the return or this is a critical difference with the KDE motors. Up until now, I haven't noticed any negative performance because of the KDEs. I think I'm going to put the original motors back on and check out the 2 batteries I ran for this run. Judging by the speeds, I should have made it back. Or at least been close. If it would have been close, I would have went for it and crossed the bay to bring her home. Oh well.

Enjoyed your video...not the best feeling knowing you cant make it back, the main thing you got your bird back!

Enjoyed your video...not the best feeling knowing you cant make it back, the main thing you got your bird back!

Thanks. I'm used to not making it back. There's way more of those lately lol. I think if I'm not going to push it, then it's not worth even flying. My time is restricted so when the stars align, I'm going all out. This time it did suck more though. Everything was looking good. On paper this should have been easy. But I knew it wasn't gonna happen so started planning for a ditch. This is the first time my RF-V16 tracker did not respond to my txt msg with coordinates. But luckily I picked an easy spot to get to and the spot was easily identifiable from the map in DJI Go. Some of my previous ditches have been in the middle of waist high wheat and soy bean farms and if it wasn't for the tracker I would have had a really hard time locating it.

I also have the RF-V16 tracker on my P3P saved my bacon just last week...landed 800 m short of the home point in a paddock.

I also have the RF-V16 tracker on my P3P saved my bacon just last week...landed 800 m short of the home point in a paddock.

They are awesome once you get them setup. A must have for any long distance flying. I put it down 4.66mi away but due to the geographic layout of the terrain, I had to drive 23 miles. This is a great spot but if I don't clear the bay, I'm going for a drive.

Thanks for sharing. I'm impressed at least
Your battery is huge, is it a 6600 or 8000? I wonder how this little thing can handle so much weight !

I had what I thought was a new record. However, something else prevented me. I think the batteries I ran were abused too much and tapered off quickly on the return or this is a critical difference with the KDE motors. Up until now, I haven't noticed any negative performance because of the KDEs. I think I'm going to put the original motors back on and check out the 2 batteries I ran for this run. Judging by the speeds, I should have made it back. Or at least been close. If it would have been close, I would have went for it and crossed the bay to bring her home. Oh well.

What screen recorder are you using?

Saw this on Facebook, didn't know it was you Ed. Goood run at it, glad ya got it back safely didn't wanna see ya ditch in water. what battery? Ms5200?? Was cool seeing the screen recording

Thanks for sharing. I'm impressed at least
Your battery is huge, is it a 6600 or 8000? I wonder how this little thing can handle so much weight !
What screen recorder are you using?

Battery is just a single MS 5200.
Screen recorder is AirShou for iOS. Works pretty **** good and I like it better than using Dashware. Although I can't show all the different telemetry that Dashware can, I don't have to process the video in Dashware which eliminates a step.

Saw this on Facebook, didn't know it was you Ed. Goood run at it, glad ya got it back safely didn't wanna see ya ditch in water. what battery? Ms5200?? Was cool seeing the screen recording

Thanks Digdat0, I am not really big on Facebook. I just created the account for drones. If it was even remotely close I would have chanced it. Once I cross that bay I have a good 1.3-1.5mi of land before my home point so as long as it's close and I can cross the bay, I'm goin for it. But not this time.

Reactions: chazz and Digdat0
Battery is just a single MS 5200.
Screen recorder is AirShou for iOS. Works pretty **** good and I like it better than using Dashware. Although I can't show all the different telemetry that Dashware can, I don't have to process the video in Dashware which eliminates a step.
Thanks Digdat0, I am not really big on Facebook. I just created the account for drones. If it was even remotely close I would have chanced it. Once I cross that bay I have a good 1.3-1.5mi of land before my home point so as long as it's close and I can cross the bay, I'm goin for it. But not this time.

i'm the same man .. im only on FB for drone stuff too, really prefer to stay away to be honest :) You wanna help me get AirShou setup? I've seriously tried everything! I can get it to download and i see the icon, but then it errors with download failed, retry? Gonna punch it in the face! Anyways ..

I watched the flight again, wanted to make a few comments :) I like how ya review the battery details every so often, I do the same. There is a lot to learn from that screen based on your flight conditions, pilots should pay more attention to this. You had a great turnaround, dropped to 26mph at the lowest, nice tight turn to keep speed. I see a lot of folks lose time here, and its crucial for a good run IMO! And, the Maxxrange at 58k, perfect video and rc, great signal! That was awesome to see, perfect quality video at 11 miles! And your battery did seem to run down awful fast there ..

I'm convinced that 34mph+ is the needed for some of these record runs. You can seriously gain a few minutes flight time by being able to hit 34/35 mph. i'm now using a spot where its a cross-wind vs a head/tail and am noticing i can get 34.5/35 pretty easily even in a 3-6mph wind, seems to tax the motors less too. Every 2 minutes = one mile

upload_2016-11-20_11-39-49.png

thought id geek out over some numbers while sipping coffee :)
Speed Distance Time Calculator

i'm the same man .. im only on FB for drone stuff too, really prefer to stay away to be honest :) You wanna help me get AirShou setup? I've seriously tried everything! I can get it to download and i see the icon, but then it errors with download failed, retry? Gonna punch it in the face! Anyways ..

I watched the flight again, wanted to make a few comments :) I like how ya review the battery details every so often, I do the same. There is a lot to learn from that screen based on your flight conditions, pilots should pay more attention to this. You had a great turnaround, dropped to 26mph at the lowest, nice tight turn to keep speed. I see a lot of folks lose time here, and its crucial for a good run IMO! And, the Maxxrange at 58k, perfect video and rc, great signal! That was awesome to see, perfect quality video at 11 miles! And your battery did seem to run down awful fast there ..

I'm convinced that 34mph+ is the needed for some of these record runs. You can seriously gain a few minutes flight time by being able to hit 34/35 mph. i'm now using a spot where its a cross-wind vs a head/tail and am noticing i can get 34.5/35 pretty easily even in a 3-6mph wind, seems to tax the motors less too. Every 2 minutes = one mile

View attachment 69076

thought id geek out over some numbers while sipping coffee :)
Speed Distance Time Calculator

Dig, you may have forgotten to give the app permissions. It's under Settings - General - Profiles & Device Management. Check out this tutorial here:

As for the voltages, I constantly monitor them. If there is some serious deviation or sag then I plan accordingly. Here's a little secret I haven't seen mentioned before and something that I always do: I NEVER stop when doing the turnaround. It puts too much strain and sucks battery. Instead I keep full forward momentum and just use left stick to turn around gracefully and not too quickly. The drop to 26mph was probably when I was head-on into the breeze as I was flying cross-wind here.

There are many different ways to skin a cat as far as speeds go. For example, I have had successful runs into a stronger wind, averaging about 25mph outbound and even dipping down to 17-18mph right before the turnaround and still made it back. Those flights were all between 9-10mi. And the flight times were 40min. That's why my butt is really chapped because I was nowhere near a 40min flight time and maintaining a faster average speed in both directions than those other flights. I don't think the cross wind was the culprit because as I mentioned, those 9-10mi flights for 40+ min were into a direct headwind and beating the crap out of the battery. Those flights to me are more impressive because I was still able to pull it off.

Reactions: Digdat0
I remember a post from DB saying he only took photos in long flight, video draining to much amps. What do you think about that ?

I remember a post from DB saying he only took photos in long flight, video draining to much amps. What do you think about that ?

I've done extensive analysis of flight logs using @BudWalker 's DatCon and CSVView and there is no discernible difference in recording video at 1080p60fps. Perhaps maybe a little more if you recorded in 4K but I highly doubt it. The biggest power hogs are wind, rapid ascent/descent, abrupt stops and of course the weight you are carrying.

Agree for wind and weight but how you can explain my results between stock and the ms4.0. When I see your video
the average watts seems to be still less than me, with I supposed to be at least a 5200 mah battery.
It seems the more you add weight ,the less it needs watts ?
In this video, what kind of motor do you used 2312, 2312A or KDE

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119