Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Ok holy crap I just read this entire thread and I have to tell you guys "impressive" this is definitely somewhere I want to hang out ....well not like DB lol this guy lives here!
I like the very low levels of sass and the high levels of encouragement.
My longest flight is 8.1 miles and am looking for the 9 mile mark but reading page after page here has me second guessing my set up to the point that I just ordered the MultiStar LiHV 5200 but I do have a question. I don't use HD and have no intentions on using it. Is HD a must to legitimize your long flight? Thanks
You don't have to legitimize your flight, if you show a screenshot of your DJI flight log I'm sure Jake will post it either way. With everybody pushing it to the limit, it helps other pilots to share as much about the flight as you can with HD reports, as well as screenshots during the actual flight, videos etc.
Even the free version of healthy drones can help you as a pilot to understand certain things about your flight that are very useful in comparing one of your flights to the next so you get to completely understand your equipment

The geographical features of Korea is too much hill and obstructions, so we are need some high flighting.
I also like flighting wihe low feet but...
Did you take any pictures or video during that flight? It be interesting to see what your bird seen flying that high. I've been that high before but don't fly distance that high that's for sure. In fact I find it extremely hard to aim once you're over 400 feet high so the fact that you was able to stay locked in out to 10 miles is crazy

Reactions: Lee SK
You don't have to legitimize your flight, if you show a screenshot of your DJI flight log I'm sure Jake will post it either way. With everybody pushing it to the limit, it helps other pilots to share as much about the flight as you can with HD reports, as well as screenshots during the actual flight, videos etc.
Even the free version of healthy drones can help you as a pilot to understand certain things about your flight that are very useful in comparing one of your flights to the next so you get to completely understand your equipment
Wow yeah I just saw lee's HD didn't know you can check wind direction during flights that's great.

Reactions: Digdat0 and Lee SK
Wow yeah I just saw lee's HD didn't know you can check wind direction during flights that's great.
That was a great feature that they used to offer for free, now you got to be on one of their paid subscriptions for that feature.

Reactions: Digdat0
Did you take any pictures or video during that flight? It be interesting to see what your bird seen flying that high. I've been that high before but don't fly distance that high that's for sure. In fact I find it extremely hard to aim once you're over 400 feet high so the fact that you was able to stay locked in out to 10 miles is crazy
My fligting was min 250M ~ Max 450M over for long flighting range.It's a usal for me Because our flighting environments is too much different to U.S.A. UK, and other contury... have to avoid obstacles and Wifi, LTE stations and antennas.
스크린샷 2016-06-22 오전 1.28.18.png

Please check South of Korea with Googgle Map!!! 70% over Mountain & Hill.
For Aim to targert, We use campass app. .....

스크린샷 2016-06-22 오전 1.49.47.png
This is night flighting movie for you...

Good night^^

My fligting was min 250M ~ Max 450M over for long flighting range.It's a usal for me Because our flighting environments is too much different to U.S.A. UK, and other contury... have to avoid obstacles and Wifi, LTE stations and antennas.
View attachment 57743

Please check South of Korea with Googgle Map!!! 70% over Mountain & Hill.
For Aim to targert, We use campass app. .....

View attachment 57755 This is night flighting movie for you...

Good night^^
Nice flying Lee. Those are impressive numbers.

Reactions: Digdat0 and Lee SK
That was a great feature that they used to offer for free, now you got to be on one of their paid subscriptions for that feature.
Well shoot I was trying to avoid another monthly subscription but now I'm looking into it lol. This hobby is a money pit and I love it!

Well shoot I was trying to avoid another monthly subscription but now I'm looking into it lol. This hobby is a money pit and I love it!
Yep, and it's especially expensive when you take to flying long distance! When you take into account what you spend on new antennas, boosters, external batteries etc. that doesn't even include new cameras ,shells and propellers from the times when you push it too far[emoji41]

Reactions: Rueben and Digdat0
Nice flying Lee. Those are impressive numbers.
Yes ,very good flight, Lee!
I can't imagine the flight time Lee could get if he could fly at 200 feet the whole trip[emoji41]
Probably 2 to 3 more minutes

I have enjoyed this...but now if any of you are looking to be Part 107 going the long distance may become normally not legal in the USA......sucks.

I have enjoyed this...but now if any of you are looking to be Part 107 going the long distance may become normally not legal in the USA......sucks.
We still got a couple months though[emoji41]
Did i miss something here?
I'm assuming that fourman is referring to something he read in the new FAA guidelines released earlier, I did not read them thoroughly, maybe he can chime back in and share with us a little more clearly. Probably trying to educate us or scare us, whichever way you look at it, to the fact that flying long distance will be illegal in the future. If I had to guess, he's an FAA agent from Texas[emoji41]
However, most of us that were dumb enough to fly out these distances at the top of the leaderboard probably would ignore the rules if they were in place! (disclaimer: i'm only speaking for myself of course)

Reactions: Digdat0 and Rueben
I'm assuming that fourman is referring to something he read in the new FAA guidelines released earlier, I did not read them thoroughly, maybe he can chime back in and share with us a little more clearly. Probably trying to educate us or scare us, whichever way you look at it, to the fact that flying long distance will be illegal in the future. If I had to guess, he's an FAA agent from Texas[emoji41]
However, most of us that were dumb enough to fly out these distances at the top of the leaderboard probably would ignore the rules if they were in place! (disclaimer: i'm only speaking for myself of course)

Hey db,
What he says is a mute point, small uav has always been supposed to be flown in VLOS. So new laws or not is not going to be making any difference.
Btw, please obey highway speed limits when driving

Reactions: Digdat0 and Rueben
Me FAA hahahahah....no from what the law looks like if you do go for a Part 107 then you need to keep the UAV within visual sight at all times....If you just keep yourself as a hobby flyer then that is only a "guideline" :) It looks like if you have a Part 107 you can't say that your "fun" flights are now hobby and you are not Part 107....kinda sucks. Sure I know I may speed on the highway myself, but was just an interesting thought. If you do your distance runs in a area that there are enough people to bring attention to your flight that could create a new problem now.

Hey guys, I started a similar thread in the Phantom 4 group and had a few people asking about a P3 leaderboard. If you're looking for long range solutions, this will be a great thread to read through and get advice from people.

I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was. This is for farthest distance away from home, not total distance traveled.

Edit: If I miss your post, send me a PM.

Return Flights

1. dirtybum - 58,500 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. mohan - 57,572 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
3. Keith McCormick -
55,117 feet - Horizon Terminator Extreme, Boosted, Battery Mod
4. Ed209 - 54,287 - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
5. Fanti - 47,198.7 ft - FPVLR Antenna, Battery Mod
6. Rueben - 42,781 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
7. FLPTFLYER 42,700 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod
8. Pluto88888 - 42,180 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
9. Prowler - 41,226 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
10. Phantom751874 - 40,425 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
11. Fredz - 40,277 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
12. Lee SK - 39, 553 ft - Horizon ESLR - Battery Mod
13. Sputnik28 - 25,528 ft - Stock
14. Jtrjr - 25,209.5 - Windsurfer
15. Alan Russell - 23,439 ft - Stock
16. Phantomfreak - 22,324 ft - Windsurfer
17. Digdat0 - 20,639 ft - Windsurfer
18. DennyBoBenny - 20,232 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
19. dirkclod - 20,206 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Birdside FPVLR dipoles
20. roy rokni - 20,053 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
21. DGitalChaos - 18,540 ft - Stock
22. losman26 - 18,350 ft - Windsurfer
23. MasterBlaster - 18,192 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
24. Rocketbrew - 16,100 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
25. D'sAdvanced - 16,089 ft - Stock
26. tgruendler - 16,039 ft - Stock
27. Chum Dumpster - 14,806 ft - Windsurfer
28. jsdog - 14,202 ft - Stock
29. finalfantasyfan - 12,588 ft - Windsurfers
30. AMC724 - 11,998.9 ft - Windsurfers

Suicide Missions (One Way)
1. dirtybum - 101,657.3 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. mohan - 65,500 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted
3. Ed209 - 55,075 ft - MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
4. Lee SK - 49,352 ft - Horizon ESLR - Battery Mod
5. Prowler - 41,226 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna
6. Sputnik28 - 30,834 ft - Stock

Keith's World Record Flight
Hey Jake can you add me at 9,110ft please? I'm gunna see if I can shatter it. P3 Standard FPVLR, Boosted Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic