Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Nice one. That propulsion limitation can be a deal breaker... With a battery mod it isn't even necessary to limit the propulsion. In fact, does it even happen if you're running battery mods? The load shouldn't be as heavy on the DJI battery since it's sharing with the externals.

Nice one. That propulsion limitation can be a deal breaker... With a battery mod it isn't even necessary to limit the propulsion. In fact, does it even happen if you're running battery mods? The load shouldn't be as heavy on the DJI battery since it's sharing with the externals.

I don't have battery mods, yet. Waiting on Jake!!!

I am pretty sure it comes up when im flying pedal to the metal against the wind. Normally I fly out in to the wind but today due to my location I had no choice, the wind was blowing side ways and forward of the outward journey!!

The HD screen shot shows the battery temp at 152.5°, in my hot weather tests that causes the Overheated During Discharge message and "Warning: Propulsion Output Limited. Aircraft mobility has been lowered." popup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zuzua
Beat my personal best at 21541 with maxx panel unboosted, no battery mod. Wind 16 mph blowing across and forward on the flight path, can't fly in the opposite direction on the outward journey as there are a lot of interferences. Turned around at %69 battery, still full radio signal, video started dropping in and out around 20000. Hit %10 battery 1700 feet away from home so had to fight the auto land for the rest of the way and landed with %6 battery. On the way back kept getting the low propulsion warming and at time was flying back at 20 mph. I thought I would never make it back. Silly to say but my heart was pounding and I ended the flight with the worst head ache ever!!

NIce! As DB said, thats adrenaline! The headache comes when you font make it back to the HOME spot and have to go find it ;)

That wasn't a headache, that was adrenaline! Nice flight and welcome to the club Zuzua[emoji41]

Hey db,
I'm very happy with my p3p and really don't see a reason to get the p4 but the longer battery time, which, correct me if I'm wrong, if using the sport mode is around the same as a p3p in full speed. Which means I can go further for the same battery time because of the extra speed, right?
So do I mod batteries on my p3p or do I buy a p4? Difficult decision since I love the p3p, 6 batteries, fast chargers, moded RC, case, etc etc. And above all, this bird is rock solid, never any issues at all. I trust it as much as one can trust a machine!
I suppose you are going to tell me to keep the p3 and buy a p4 also!!!

The HD screen shot shows the battery temp at 152.5°, in my hot weather tests that causes the Overheated During Discharge message and "Warning: Propulsion Output Limited. Aircraft motility has been lowered." popup.

I tend to think it is exactly that. But I'm sure not all you guys with the long distances live in Alaska, lol! So question here is: how many others are getting this message and the slower speed because of it??

I really don't want to move to some where cold to do my long range tests without the propulsion message !

The hot weather is a problem for these distance runs. How hot is too hot?

I have my Horizon split battery now, but have not had a chance to take it on a real distance run yet due to the weather. The monsoons have cooled things down (currently only 99°!) but the one time I got out when the winds were down, a storm rolled in by the time I got into the air. Was fighting 36mph gusts (according to HD) as I landed.
Desert Storm 1.jpg Desert Storm 2.jpg Desert Storm 3.jpg Desert Storm 4.jpg
But I did fly for 17 minutes and landed with 53% battery, my previous longest flight was 23 minutes landing with 16% battery, so that gives me hope.

Hey db,
I'm very happy with my p3p and really don't see a reason to get the p4 but the longer battery time, which, correct me if I'm wrong, if using the sport mode is around the same as a p3p in full speed. Which means I can go further for the same battery time because of the extra speed, right?
So do I mod batteries on my p3p or do I buy a p4? Difficult decision since I love the p3p, 6 batteries, fast chargers, moded RC, case, etc etc. And above all, this bird is rock solid, never any issues at all. I trust it as much as one can trust a machine!
I suppose you are going to tell me to keep the p3 and buy a p4 also!!!

Nope, enjoy the p3, so far the p4 is fancy but a pain in the *** and I worry about it too much! Love the p3's , all of them, i only like the p4[emoji41]

I have my Horizon split battery now, but have not had a chance to take it on a real distance run yet due to the weather. But I did fly for 17 minutes and landed with 53% battery, my previous longest flight was 23 minutes landing with 16% battery, so that gives me hope.

Cool video man, that lightning would make me nervous! Do you have the 5200 split, or the 4480? I've got the 5200 split ..5 flights in so far, no distance runs to push it .. I'm trying to take it easy,. I've read from DB and the others that you will get more time as the battery matures. I'm hopeful to get 30mins from the 5200, without fighting auto landing. And, i'm stock antennas (Windsurfer), so really curious how far i can get out and back.

65cc5ab571a41e4b89d873be457b605a.jpg

All stock. My horizon was a little crooked, but I fixed that later with a gimbal calibration. Anyways that's the video.

I was landing back at 1%. Notice at some point I'm fighting to keep the drone from not self landing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV

All stock. My horizon was a little crooked, but I fixed that later with a gimbal calibration. Anyways that's the video.

I was landing back at 1%. Notice at some point I'm fighting to keep the drone from not self landing.

What do you mean all stock? Something in my mind is not adding up, please share some details

All stock. My horizon was a little crooked, but I fixed that later with a gimbal calibration. Anyways that's the video. I was landing back at 1%. Notice at some point I'm fighting to keep the drone from not self landing.

Safe to assume thats 42k total distance and not furthest away? How far did you get one way (furthest distance) from home point?

How exciting was that fighting the autoland for almost 10%

How exciting was that fighting the autoland for almost 10%

I can tell you my 1700 feet fighting auto land and flying full speed forward going between 2 houses to land on my front yard was very exhilarating.
I'm sure he was getting the adrenaline rush for sure,

I can tell you my 1700 feet fighting auto land and flying full speed forward going between 2 houses to land on my front yard was very exhilarating.
I'm sure he was getting the adrenaline rush for sure,

Its not easy, not something you can describe/teach! And its not something that goes right every time even though i've done it 100 times[emoji41]

I don't have battery mods, yet. Waiting on Jake!!!

I am pretty sure it comes up when im flying pedal to the metal against the wind. Normally I fly out in to the wind but today due to my location I had no choice, the wind was blowing side ways and forward of the outward journey!!

Yeah I know you don't have battery mod. I was posting the question for someone who may have the firmwares that include propulsion limit and running a battery mod. I'm curious if it's triggered by load on the battery or something else. I'll never upgrade my firmwares but just curious to know.

Yeah I know you don't have battery mod. I was posting the question for someone who may have the firmwares that include propulsion limit and running a battery mod. I'm curious if it's triggered by load on the battery or something else. I'll never upgrade my firmwares but just curious to know.

I run 1.6 and it gives me propulsion limit messages when it's really cold out and also if I'm fighting a really strong headwind, that's running battery mods

I run 1.6 and it gives me propulsion limit messages when it's really cold out and also if I'm fighting a really strong headwind, that's running battery mods
OK so it isn't something that it's reading from intelligent battery. Because with the mod the numbers are all much lower...The DJI battery isn't being strained nearly as much as when running stock no battery. So it's some other sensor/calculation...I'm never upgrading :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West