New batteries need updating?

Reaction score
Hi all. Just bought a new dji phantom 3 battery. Do they need any kind of updating before use or are they "plug and play"?
Thanks

The DJI GO app will alert you if they need to be updated.

Yes -- they could be running old firmware.

Ah ok. Just ordered a brand new battery from Tony's deals. Didn't know this.

No issue updating them though? Just turn phantom on and connect to app

If you recently updated your Phantom firmware, the BIN might still be on your memory card. If that's the case, the batteries will be auto updated if needed when you turn on your Phantom. If the BIN is not there, the DJI GO app will notify you if the battery firmware needs to be updated.

I just checked and under general it says firmware needs to be updated. With both batteries new and old. I already have the latest firmware. App 3.1.2 and 1.8.10. Is there new firmware?

I don't believe so , could be wrong, but updated mine last week to the same numbers you said above.

I just checked and under general it says firmware needs to be updated. With both batteries new and old. I already have the latest firmware. App 3.1.2 and 1.8.10. Is there new firmware?

If you use Android, do not fly with 3.1.2 version, imperatively !!!!
Downgrad to 3.1.1

Lost drone

Yes -- they could be running old firmware.

Just to be more specific...when I turn on with the new battery, overall status says "firmware upgrade required". No banner comes on allowing me to upgrade. How do I do so?
Thanks

normally when you open the app, and it says camera, it tells you to upgrade there?

No, nothing comes up. Maybe I need to start a new thread now. Now when I look at my software version it says 1.6.80+.
I know I did see 1.8.10 a few days ago??

No, nothing comes up. Maybe I need to start a new thread now. Now when I look at my software version it says 1.6.80+.
I know I did see 1.8.10 a few days ago??

1.8.10 is the latest, have you tried updating the app? or even reinstalling it?

1.8.10 is the latest, have you tried updating the app? or even reinstalling it?

I have the latest App version and upgraded last week. Phantom was new. When I look at my sd card it says result success. I know it was 1.8.10. Now it says 1.6.80+. How can it go back? And how do I upgrade again if it won't give me the upgrade now banner?

do you have a bin file on your sd card? try deleting that maybe, well actually back it up somewhere on you computer just inacse

There are some who say that after using a FW bin file via SD card to update - it should be deleted. Sorry but that IMHO is wrong. Why ?

The bin file is used by the AC to update any battery that is installed and needs updating. Take away the bin fiile from the card and what does it use ?
Even if you update via Go .... the SD card will carry a copy of the new bin file.

As to OP's apparent drop back of FW on his machine ... very strange as most people cannot get FW to backflash past 1.07.009 from 1.8.10 ..... not that anyone would want to !! especially to 1.6.08 .... one of the worst FW !!

Nigel

There are some who say that after using a FW bin file via SD card to update - it should be deleted. Sorry but that IMHO is wrong. Why ?

The bin file is used by the AC to update any battery that is installed and needs updating. Take away the bin fiile from the card and what does it use ?
Even if you update via Go .... the SD card will carry a copy of the new bin file.

As to OP's apparent drop back of FW on his machine ... very strange as most people cannot get FW to backflash past 1.07.009 from 1.8.10 ..... not that anyone would want to !! especially to 1.6.08 .... one of the worst FW !!

Nigel
Sorry, only the new battery shows ver 1.6.80. If I put it my original battery ver shows 1.8.10. Even though with the old battery app tells me I need to upgrade the battery it doesn't seem to want to or can't even with the bin file on the sd card!
Is there a way to force update the battery? Or could the battery be defective, even though it seems to work fine in the phantom?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl