New batteries need updating?

Forgive me for being a little brain fried, but how do you download a legacy version of firmware via the Go app?

You don't.

You download to PC - copy to SD card and install from there.

You used to be able to roll back one step of FW via Go - but lately I noticed its not working anymore.

Nigel

Hi all. Just bought a new dji phantom 3 battery. Do they need any kind of updating before use or are they "plug and play"?
Thanks
Once into the "camera" page of the app, open the status page. If you see the "new firmware required" at the top of the status page, click on the message and it will tell you what needs to be upgraded and then you can select "upgrade".

You don't.

You download to PC - copy to SD card and install from there.

You used to be able to roll back one step of FW via Go - but lately I noticed its not working anymore.

Nigel

I rolled back to 1.7.9 using the 2.9.1 app and SD card this week and it worked without a hitch. (as per Kenneth McNutt's YT video)

Last edited:
I rolled back to 1.7.9 using the 2.9.1 app and SD card this week and it worked without a hitch. (as per Kenneth McNutt's YT video)

You used to be able to recall one step back VIA the app without having to download the app separately.

Nigel

Ok want to share my experience with receiving a new battery today 8th feb 2017 and installing new firmware,. Note this is what i did not what i am saying is gospel..

1ST, before putting battery in phantom fully charged battery

2ND insert battery into phantom and turn on

3RD wait ot see if aircraft makes any noises or flashes any lights like it did when updating phantom aircraft firmware, waited 30-45 secs and aircraft was just as is normal when the remote is not turned on

4th turned on remote controller

5Th connected to phantoms WI-fi and opened DJI GO App

6th app told me firmware update for battery, - i pressed confirm and took about 1 minute give or take and job was done

note checked original battery just to make sure and original battery went into phantom switched everything on and app did NOT notify me of an update which confirmed that it just upodated new battery.

Darren

Hi Daz ... was that the same dealer battery I linked to earlier for you ?

Nigel

Hi Daz ... was that the same dealer battery I linked to earlier for you ?

Nigel

Hey Nigel,

Battery's came from Toby's deals. Good service took one week to come and is genuine. Great price also.

Darren.

You have advantage of being in UK ... so I have to look for deals that incl. EU shipping avoiding International LiPo restrictions.

FYI - I'm in London at moment - in Portsmouth tomorrow and saturday ... Plymouth Sunday / Monday and then of to Dubai ......... so my flying is limited at moment.

Nigel

That's a lot of travelling, shame your not around Sunday.

If you ever wanted to order a better and have it sent to me then you could collect it or I could post it to you. Might save some cash.

The Irish ones I linked to work out about £70+ so no problem ... but thanks for offer.

I hope to travel back to UK more often now - so will keep in touch.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94