New batteries need updating?

You can download old versions of DJI GO here or here.

Reactions: HarleyKen
Where do I find older versions of DJI Go?

In fact I found that all versions of Go with 3.1.x were not so good .... my advice is to use 2.9.1 or 3.0.1 .....

Nigel

The Install routine above is good but not absolutely necessary.

Andy-M says : "I recently had to do a firmware update on 2 batteries." ...... but in fact a battery will work even with old FW in the AC without any problems and if you keep the bin file on the SD card as you should ... after update of the Phantom - the bin file is there specifically for this purpose ... you do not HAVE to do any updates on batterys.

If you have the bin file still on the card - then when you get a new battery - when you go to fly ... you will insert your new battery - switch on and within the time it takes you to fart and get ready - the new battery is updated without you having to do anything.

The battery update to FW is purely a control board item for charge control and does nothing with regard to flight power ...

Oh and another myth : You do not need to erase / format or otherwise destroy files on your card .... all you do is remove the BIN file from the root ... and copy the new one to the root. ALL other files will be ignored except for the TXT file which will be added to with update details ....
My SD card actually still has 1.07.009 bin file and the latest 1.8.10 bin file on ... and the Phantom has no confusion whatsoever .. I just forgot to erase the 1.07.009 when I updated the FW on RC and AC....

Nigel

There is no fimrware download for the standard on djis website, its all done from the app.

The Battery FW is contained within the overall Phantom FW ....

There is no specific battery FW ...

Nigel

The Battery FW is contained within the overall Phantom FW ....

There is no specific battery FW ...

Nigel

sorry thats what i meant lol, any and all firmware for the standard is not downloadable other than through the app and only when it prompts i think.

Daz ... there are various online sites you can download any of the FW you want ...

"Phantomhelp" is one ..... Papa Tita's is another ....

There are two ways to update FW .... through the Go App or via SD card. I suggest stick with the App ... because a small error with the card system and bham - you're out of luck !

Nigel

Reactions: Dazzauk
I recently updated the Firmware on batteries for a P3P and that was the method used, and I forgot it's different on the Standard.
Sorry didn't mean to confuse.

Yeah we are the peasants over in this section with our standards lol :)

Reactions: Andy-M
Daz ... there are various online sites you can download any of the FW you want ...

There are two ways to update FW .... through the Go App or via SD card. I suggest stick with the App ... because a small error with the card system and bham - you're out of luck !

Nigel

didn't know that, cheers dude

Darren

Nigel can ypu point in the right place to download the latest firmware? i cant see it on pahntomhelp just takes me to a thread

Darren

Nothing wrong with the Standard, I also have one of those too.
Although the range was an issue but the Argtek I fitted did improve that somewhat.

hoping a dbs will improve mine :)

You can find the P3S firmware on my site here.

You can find the P3S firmware on my site here.

thank you boss man, literally just found it lol, didn't realise it was all the way down ha ha, i see you don't have the latest one? that's the one im after :)

Nigel
Forgive me for being a little brain fried, but how do you download a legacy version of firmware via the Go app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94