New batteries need updating?

There are some who say that after using a FW bin file via SD card to update - it should be deleted. Sorry but that IMHO is wrong. Why ?

The bin file is used by the AC to update any battery that is installed and needs updating. Take away the bin fiile from the card and what does it use ?
Even if you update via Go .... the SD card will carry a copy of the new bin file.

As to OP's apparent drop back of FW on his machine ... very strange as most people cannot get FW to backflash past 1.07.009 from 1.8.10 ..... not that anyone would want to !! especially to 1.6.08 .... one of the worst FW !!

Nigel

I just checked my sd card and it seems that my bin file has been deleted, now i never deleted it specifically but i did format sd card as advised by the dji go app, i also formated it via the app, now when my new battery arrives will i have the same issue?

Ah ok. Just ordered a brand new battery from Tony's deals. Didn't know this.

No issue updating them though? Just turn phantom on and connect to app

I assume you meant Toby's deals? The battery for £79.99? If so could you let me know how it is, legit etc?

I assume you meant Toby's deals? The battery for £79.99? If so could you let me know how it is, legit etc?

yeah thats what i meant lol, another forum user put me on to them and said they are genuine, they look and genuine and description says they are also.

quick question, did you fully charge battery before 1st time use?

quick question, did you fully charge battery before 1st time use?

No, I did not. Just to 50%. I was just testing the battery out as I was going to store it and didn't t want it fully charged. Think that may have something to do with it?

No, I did not. Just to 50%. I was just testing the battery out as I was going to store it and didn't t want it fully charged. Think that may have something to do with it?

I was reading the manual and it said charge battery 100% before 1st flight, but i am no expert

I just checked my sd card and it seems that my bin file has been deleted, now i never deleted it specifically but i did format sd card as advised by the dji go app, i also formated it via the app, now when my new battery arrives will i have the same issue?

The battery will work ... simple.

Until you update FW later ... don't worry about it. If it needs it - you'll get a notification via the app.

When you update later - just leave the SD card alone with the bin and accompanying txt file ...

Nigel

No problem ... just make sure you charge to 100% before you use it next time ...

Nigel

I was reading the manual and it said charge battery 100% before 1st flight, but i am no expert

Basically because they expect you to have .....

a) updates to do...
b) calibrations possibly
c) want to go flying !

Nigel

Reactions: Dazzauk
Nigel, you think ill be ok? i mean not having the same issue as Frank?

Honest Daz ... RELAX !! It'll be fine ...

Nigel

ocd kicking in again , for a problem i dont even have yet lol :)

ocd kicking in again , for a problem i dont even have yet lol :)
Just see what happens mate. On this topic, has anyone used the battery charging hub to update the FW on multiple batteries simultaneously?

Just see what happens mate. On this topic, has anyone used the battery charging hub to update the FW on multiple batteries simultaneously?

How do you update batterys while Charging ?

My understanding is update of batterys occurs when in the AC and switched on ... the battery itself has no WiFi comms at all ...

??

Nigel

I read in the instructions on my hub that you can plug in micro USB from laptop with latest firmware on it, then drag and drop and voila. I found the little socket hiding under a rubber plug on the underside of the hub, but had already updated via AC so haven't tested it. I will though, the noise of the P3S updating multiple times nearly killed my hypersensitive missus.

I read in the instructions on my hub that you can plug in micro USB from laptop with latest firmware on it, then drag and drop and voila. I found the little socket hiding under a rubber plug on the underside of the hub, but had already updated via AC so haven't tested it. I will though, the noise of the P3S updating multiple times nearly killed my hypersensitive missus.

Interesting - never knew that ...

Of course with out of box stock gear - only way is to have in the AC ...

Nigel

Try turning everything off, then put the new battery in and first turn on the controller, connect phone to controller turn on go app, touch camera, wait for AC to warm up , camera should be on now, give it a few minutes.
Maybe go on the stimulator for a while.
If you hear some beeps it worked!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The battery will work ... simple.

Until you update FW later ... don't worry about it. If it needs it - you'll get a notification via the app.

When you update later - just leave the SD card alone with the bin and accompanying txt file ...

Nigel
Ok, good to know. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94