MaxxUAV.com now carries ItElite Antennas!

Guys just joined,I still haven't brought a bird yet was looking at the p4,I'm in Adelaide Australia we don't have as many people flying as the USA.so we also don't have as many stores or electronic guys with much experience working with drones which is why I joined here.Ive been looking around for a while now trying to pick up as much information as possible.I must say I came across this guy Luke who does an amazing job and fantastic service with all the problems even from DJI I've read about makes a newbe like myself very nervous.Jake you said you were going to supply the updated control pad would I still be able to use my existing controller then change to the upgraded version when I wanted,two reasons for this as I said I'm in Australia and don't think I could wait to send and upgrade.How much would I be looking at for a supplied control unit upgraded with amps the works? And can you put a link to your website thanks guys this site is one of the best I've found great work keep it up guys....Tred

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hey Tred! Welcome to the forum! Yes, I will soon be offering a modified transmitter. I have a few in stock, but I need to get them modified still. You can also switch back and forth between transmitters fairly easily. I will hopefully have them ready either tomorrow or Thursday.

I fly from inside my Jeep with a heavy aftermarket roll cage in the wintertime when it's colder than -25*C out. I have been as far away as 4KM while in the Jeep flying with the DBS ItElite. I am thinking about making a boosted system with a DBS antenna on the roof of my Jeep so I can continue to fly this way when it's cruddy or cold outside without worry about the cage getting in the way.
Interested in the flights during those temperatures... please tell us more.

Interested in the flights during those temperatures... please tell us more.

Not so bad flying at those temps, I keep the batteries warm in a custom box I made for such, the bird keeps the batteries warm as long as it doesn't sit too long...here's a quick P3P video flying at -20*C, lost connection at ~4km (3.865km@~20M alt) as the bird went around a bend in the lake and behind a ridge...password phantom...

image.png

image.png

Last edited:
Sweet, how is the battery life affected by those temperatures?

Added a copy of the healthydrone report...battery life is substatially lessened but no warnings.

Good to see it still works in those temperatures though. I can only imagine the head wind at those temperatures

The exterior of the drone is pretty chilly when you land but you can see in the report that the battery is well above the low limit of 20*C;)

Looks like mine might get up here to Canada by Friday too !!! Wooohoo!! Time to get this bird in the air and far far away !! Lol [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just a shout out to Jake! I ran into a difficult area with the stock controller antennas, so I called him thinking no way would a real person answer. Jake did answer, and talked me through the steps I needed to install my itelite range booster I purchased from MaxUAV. Wow what a difference! Not only did it greatly boost my range, but the fpv view on my nvidia shield seems like it is twice as clear. Thank you so much Jake! And by the way, the P4 is my first drone, and I have no electronics background..... Your basic newbie.

Just a shout out to Jake! I ran into a difficult area with the stock controller antennas, so I called him thinking no way would a real person answer. Jake did answer, and talked me through the steps I needed to install my itelite range booster I purchased from MaxUAV. Wow what a difference! Not only did it greatly boost my range, but the fpv view on my nvidia shield seems like it is twice as clear. Thank you so much Jake! And by the way, the P4 is my first drone, and I have no electronics background..... Your basic newbie.
No problem buddy! :)

Ordered the Evo Plus kit with the Clean Install kit! Excellent customer service and fast to respond to all of my questions via PM.

Will be doing a review of this kit comparing to the stock and windsurfers in different areas of interference.
How can you do a comparison if your testing it in different areas Every area has different interferences.

Playboz you do realize this thread is created by the sponsor Maxx UAV ?

I fly from inside my Jeep with a heavy aftermarket roll cage in the wintertime when it's colder than -25*C out. I have been as far away as 4KM while in the Jeep flying with the DBS ItElite. I am thinking about making a boosted system with a DBS antenna on the roof of my Jeep so I can continue to fly this way when it's cruddy or cold outside without worry about the cage getting in the way.
That sounds promising, I will be getting my itelite this weekend. I figure I will try that from my car before purchasing the external antenna to mount to the roof of my car. If I can get a couple of miles in a urban area with just the itelite unboosted from my car I will be really happy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures