Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has done this? And if so what's your indoor setup? Here is mine on my car. 20,000ft with room to go further. I also have a setup just like this for my house using high quality low loss cable with the same results!

Attachments

• 20160407_162709.jpg
    20160407_162709.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10,892
  • 20160409_091413.jpg
    20160409_091413.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10,446
  • 20160409_092240.jpg
    20160409_092240.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10,286
im curious to see how you connected this to the remote

Reactions: metin
Interesting....

I've been very tempted to try flying from inside the house... I have a Samsung phone and TV. They have a wireless 'mirroring' capability which lets me view the phone display simultaneously on my 50 inch TV screen. I could sit on my sofa and watch on the big screen.

But I just don't have the courage :) I always have this feeling that something might go wrong.

But I just don't have the courage :) I always have this feeling that something might go wrong.

That's good cause if you are in the U.S. technically it's against current FAA Guidelines (i.e. beyond visual line of sight).

Interesting....

I've been very tempted to try flying from inside the house... I have a Samsung phone and TV. They have a wireless 'mirroring' capability which lets me view the phone display simultaneously on my 50 inch TV screen. I could sit on my sofa and watch on the big screen.

Yeah that's what ive been doing. Landing is simple
im curious to see how you connected this to the remote

You open the remote and remove the stock antennas and replace with 2 sma to mmcx. Then drill 2 holes into the remote for the sma connectors.

You can have a spotter watch it if you want to be a baby about it.

You can keep your asinine comments to yourself.
The responsible use of drones is in everyone's best interest.

I have stated ONLY facts and not my personal evaluations of the folks who wish to do such things.

Ok sorry.
You can keep your asinine comments to yourself.
The responsible use of drones is in everyone's best interest.

I have stated ONLY facts and not my personal evaluations of the folks who wish to do such things.

Its a gray area. The use of the word technically when describing facts proves my point. If it makes you feel comfortable then have a spotter with you at all times. I don't have a shortage of people around keeping an eye on it with a telescope.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Please keep thread on track

I have seen the RC mod but I'm confused how you got to the one antenna on the roof of your car. Also, what antenna is that? This set up would be great in our command vehicle. Thanks.

Reactions: editbrain
. I don't have a shortage of people around keeping an eye on it with a telescope.

Still against US guidelines.

Are you in the US?
If so:
Are you registered?
Do you know the FAA guidelines?

Ignorance is one thing disregard is another.

I have seen the RC mod but I'm confused how you got to the one antenna on the roof of your car. Also, what antenna is that? This set up would be great in our command vehicle. Thanks.
There are two antennas. They are L-con outdoor 2.4ghz 8.5 dbi wifi antennas. They have a magnetic base. When I want to use them in the car I plug them into the 2 3w amps on the back of the remote. 360 degree coverage with insane range.

Attachments

• 20160411_091058.jpg
    20160411_091058.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4,592

you can pm me. I should have known better that to post this here.

That's good cause if you are in the U.S. technically it's against current FAA Guidelines (i.e. beyond visual line of sight).

Oh heck, I see I left my location out of my profile.. (It's added now) In Canada, out of sight FPV is discouraged, but there is no formal law yet.

But as I say, law or no law, I just don't have the courage to let a pricey bit of kit get out of my sight.

Please go away. This was done in a safe environment with spotters. This thread is not for you. Thanks for your input tho.

There are many here who will advocate for safe flying within established guidelines.
Asking me to leave means that you're getting the message and you don't like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan