Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. JakeMaxxUAV

Approved Vendor

Hey guys, Maxx UAV now carries ItElite antennas and we have them in stock. For a limited time, use coupon code LUCKY7 for 7% off & free shipping. We also carry amplifier kits if you need even more range. Maxx UAV

EDIT: For those reading this thread from the beginning, I am no longer including the antenna plugs to install the SMA connectors where the stock antennas are. I'll be offering a better solution, hopefully, by 4/22/16

#1 JakeMaxxUAV, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  2. Marc Hufnagel

What's the difference?

3. JakeMaxxUAV

Approved Vendor

ItElite antennas increase your flight range. Results will vary depending on flight conditions. Typically, users run out of battery range before signal.

4. Marc Hufnagel

No, what I mean is that you've had one that looks like a Itelite with maxxuav on the front for a while - you just posted this today. I thought you would have theirs up for sale as well. Thus why I was asking the difference,

5. JakeMaxxUAV

Approved Vendor

Ohhhh my bad. That is the ItElite antenna, we just put our logo on the front. I haven't announced that we sell them because we did a trial and they sold really well, so we're carrying them with plenty of stock now.

6. Marc Hufnagel

Aha. Ok. Does the lucky 7 code still work?

7. JakeMaxxUAV

Approved Vendor

Yep!

8. TheLightSpeedz

It does mines coming today!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

JakeMaxxUAV likes this.
  9. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

This is GREAT! I've been looking to get something to "gently" boost reception but do not want to open the case up. Is this the upgrade that is "Plug-n-Play" or does it require to open the case etc?

10. JakeMaxxUAV

Approved Vendor

You will still have to open the transmitter up. Any antenna mod will require this. The only solution that I'm aware of that does not require opening the transmitter is a windsurfer mod, which slips over stock antennas and it's really just helping direct the signal forward.

EDIT: For those reading this thread from the beginning, I am no longer including the antenna plugs to install the SMA connectors where the stock antennas are. I'll be offering a better solution, hopefully, by 4/22/16

#10 JakeMaxxUAV, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  11. TheLightSpeedz

Yeah what Jake said. It's a confusing but... If I were you I would buy DBS stuff from ol' Jake here at MAXXUAV.com he's awesome and no one has better customer service.

So you do have to open it... I did my first one, and the only thing I would caution you is to be very careful, and don't get too fancy... Do it as DBS does it and no one else. Some people have you tucking wires etc.... Back into the original space... DBS leaves them over the middle and saves you having to pull, and silicon them back into place.

So I say DO IT, and you CAN DO IT... I had lots of tools, but went ahead and got a set of premium tools from iFIXIT.com. They have really nice stuff.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

JakeMaxxUAV likes this.
  12. JakeMaxxUAV

Approved Vendor

I appreciate the compliments :)

Also, I second the toolkit from iFixit.com - That's what I use and it's very good quality. Use coupon code FIXIT2016 to save $5 off the toolset ;)

13. John Locke

Jake, can you post a photo that show the inside of the RC after the wires are changed? A close-up of the SMA connectors going through to original antenna holes is of specific interest, and a close up of the plugs before they are installed that helps the SMA long shank connectors fit appropriately.

PaulJohn likes this.
  14. TheLightSpeedz

How about this John... I have my kit that arrived today. When I get back from Utah on Wed... I will post all the photos?

I got the pass through plugs he is talking about. I am really worried about them being "tight enough" but Jake assured me of it... It's a great and LONG OVERdue idea...

But if he has photos that's even better.

15. TheLightSpeedz

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. JakeMaxxUAV

Approved Vendor

John, all I have right now is this photo. A customer of mine is doing the mod today and is going to send me a complete picture.

upload_2016-3-28_18-5-56.png

17. TheLightSpeedz

Is that what you were looking for John?

18. launchpad26

I watched the how to video the other day and realized I would be comfortable doing it myself.

19. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh NOW I'm more understanding. So the video is prior to the pass-thru connections? I couldn't figure out how I was going to drill holes AND utilize the pass-thru plugs. Much more clear after the pictures. Whew :)

Thank you to everyone trying to help us out on this thread. I think I can do this :)

JakeMaxxUAV likes this.
  20. Stealthmatt

I am interested in an upgrade for my Phantom 4 - How does this compare to the other kits on the market? i.e FPVLR