MaxxUAV.com now carries ItElite Antennas!

Just got my clean install kit yesterday Jake! Can't wait to put it together! Would you say that this mod will help some with flying in city area's with a lot of wi-fi from neighborhoods? I'm def not looking for the magical thing to change the world but just hoping to get some added security when going out 1/2 to 1 mile in more congested area? Thanks for the quick ship btw!

Just got my clean install kit yesterday Jake! Can't wait to put it together! Would you say that this mod will help some with flying in city area's with a lot of wi-fi from neighborhoods? I'm def not looking for the magical thing to change the world but just hoping to get some added security when going out 1/2 to 1 mile in more congested area? Thanks for the quick ship btw!
Yes, it should help :)

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Jake a question regarding the 'penetration ' not the range . I hope you know the innocent meaning I mean lol . Which modification makes difference since I gonna fly in densely treed area and lots of buildings .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Jake a question regarding the 'penetration ' not the range . I hope you know the innocent meaning I mean lol . Which modification makes difference since I gonna fly in densely treed area and lots of buildings .

Good question btw!

From my own experience, these types of antenna / booster kits will HELP penetration to an extent. With that said, if you plan on flying behind a mountain ridge, behind heavily forested areas, etc there is really nothing you can do that is going to allow you to do that safely. But, if you mean penetration through heavily interference congested areas, then yes these will help.!

Jake, the clean install went flawlessly! Thanks for putting up the install video. It was a tremendous help. Check out the post surgical upgrade on my P4 Controller! Waiting for the second kit to do more surgery on the P3P Controller.

Attachments

• IMG_0038 (1).jpg
    IMG_0038 (1).jpg
    978.6 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    938.6 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    922.2 KB · Views: 387
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Jake, the clean install went flawlessly! Thanks for putting up the install video. It was a tremendous help. Check out the post surgical upgrade on my P4 Controller! Waiting for the second kit to do more surgery on the P3P Controller.

Yep just like mine! Just need a iPad Pro 12" on there!

Reactions: Theresa Strange
I got my Clean Install kit Friday. I went to a local area that's heavily wooded (type of area where I do most of my SAR flying) and did a practice flight with everything Factory Stock! I hit just a pinch over 3,100' at 150'AGL before lost Tx signal and aircraft initiated RTH. I did this flying directly North and flying directly West to get a good baseline.
Before MaxxUAV Antennae Mod:
North 3,100' @ 150' AGL
West 2,800' @ 150 AGL

I ran home, did the Clean Install and returned to the same area. Both directions showed significant improvement.

After MaxxUAV Antennae Mod:
North 5,900' @ 150' AGL (90% increase)
West 5,100' @ 150 AGL (85% increase)

This gives me an average of 87.5% improvement in a Real World scenario. I couldn't go any further in the above test because it was putting a mountain between myself and the aircraft and I'm pretty sure very few mods will be able to penetrate the mountain. I'm confident on flat terrain I would have seen much improved distances.

The install went very well. I was surprised when I opened the Tx up (never even attempted to open it before) that one of the tabs for a screw was broken loose. When I backed the screw out it became free floating inside the case and when I opened the case it fell out. I've never touched any of the case screws before and I'm pretty sure it was over tightened at the factory and was concealed damage until I removed the screw. Oh well.

Installed was by the book (err I mean video) which helped a lot. I kept the laptop on the table and went step-by-step with the video. Easy as pie for the most part :)

Thank you Jake :) Well done.

I got my Clean Install kit Friday. I went to a local area that's heavily wooded (type of area where I do most of my SAR flying) and did a practice flight with everything Factory Stock! I hit just a pinch over 3,100' at 150'AGL before lost Tx signal and aircraft initiated RTH. I did this flying directly North and flying directly West to get a good baseline.
North 3,100' @ 150' AGL
West 2,800' @ 150 AGL

I ran home, did the Clean Install and returned to the same area. Both directions showed significant improvement.

This gives me an average of 87.5% improvement in a Real World scenario. I couldn't go any further in the above test because it was putting a mountain between myself and the aircraft and I'm pretty sure very few mods will be able to penetrate the mountain. I'm confident on flat terrain I would have seen much improved distances.

The install went very well. I was surprised when I opened the Tx up (never even attempted to open it before) that one of the tabs for a screw was broken loose. When I backed the screw out it became free floating inside the case and when I opened the case it fell out. I've never touched any of the case screws before and I'm pretty sure it was over tightened at the factory and was concealed damage until I removed the screw. Oh well.

Installed was by the book (err I mean video) which helped a lot. I kept the laptop on the table and went step-by-step with the video. Easy as pie for the most part :)

You probably have a gl300B remote .. The B remotes seem to be made with a bad batch of plastic. Very brittle, screw posts cracked if not snapped right off, button mounts cracked falling into the remote, cracks in the remote shell, etc

Every single GL300B and GL658B I have seen has had those issues. The A & C remotes haven't had one of those issues.

Still hoping to see a video from anyone here showing the stock remote antenna removal without breaking it. I saw a post from a member back a ways but would love to see a video.

North 3,100' @ 150' AGL
West 2,800' @ 150 AGL

Nice test! Thanks for the info!

Reactions: BigAl07
You probably have a gl300B remote .. The B remotes seem to be made with a bad batch of plastic. Very brittle, screw posts cracked if not snapped right off, button mounts cracked falling into the remote, cracks in the remote shell, etc

Every single GL300B and GL658B I have seen has had those issues. The A & C remotes haven't had one of those issues.

Yes! Unfortunately, I'm a victim of this brittleness: Cracked/Brittle Controllers on GL300B versions only???
That link also has link to photos of cracked posts.

Looks great Theresa!

North 3,100' @ 150' AGL
West 2,800' @ 150 AGL

Awesome! So glad it helps! Not bad for a first tutorial video haha!

Still hoping to see a video from anyone here showing the stock remote antenna removal without breaking it. I saw a post from a member back a ways but would love to see a video.

Hey Marc,

Grab the antenna on the outside of the remote and pull quite hard, while at the same time pushing fairly hard with a flat head screwdriver on a slight angle on one of the two tabs pushing through the hole. It will pop out quite easily !! You will notice only one of the two tabs has a rasied lip, this is the one you want to press down and through
48e84c9ee35f519eccf9a2e468c3cf50.jpg

2e47e337f464372f9c53f2394c4fc66a.jpg

Hey Marc,

Grab the antenna on the outside of the remote and pull quite hard, while at the same time pushing fairly hard with a flat head screwdriver on a slight angle on one of the two tabs pushing through the hole. It will pop out quite easily !! You will notice only one of the two tabs has a rasied lip, this is the one you want to press down and through
48e84c9ee35f519eccf9a2e468c3cf50.jpg

2e47e337f464372f9c53f2394c4fc66a.jpg

I didn't know that about then single lip. I'm going to do these clean cables tomorrow and hope this little tip might be the trick. I just really don't want to break the bases of the antennas. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry but slightly OT but ordered some plugs for my 4K and one came in broke from Jake .
Showed him in a e mail and just received new ones and he made sure I would have at least 2 that were fine .
These didn't cost much but he made sure I was happy . Ya can't beat that !
Great service from this guy ! Thanks Jake
monker thumbup.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic