Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cracked/Brittle Controllers on GL300B versions only???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dsd317, Feb 24, 2016.

1. dsd317

Just wondering if these cracking or breaking problems with phantom controllers are more commonly found on GL300B versions.

My original GL300B version (which came from a brand new P3P purchase) had cracked or broken screw posts: Controller Cracked Threaded Holes!!!

I just purchased a second brand new GL300B and before removing the plastic from the controller it had a rattling sound coming from the inside. It was a screw with a few broken pieces of plastic. How did I know? One end of the controller was slightly opened because of the broken posts! This is ridiculous!

So now I'm wondering if it's just only the GL300B versions. Or maybe a batch of them were produced/manufactured with bad materials.

If you've had brittle or cracking problems with your controller, please check the version you have.

2. HueJorgan

I have this version and there have been NO issues so far, fingers crossed

3. Wibble

Sounds like DJI have no idea how to adjust the torque on their air drivers. No wonder the Phantoms had trouble as well.

4. Mutterranch

Could be a bad batch of plastic beads going into the injection molding process. When those beads were used up the brittle parts were used up too.