M.A.R.S lite parachute kit

Gotcha, now you got me seeing double.
emoji15.png
emoji15.png
I clicked too many times and deleated a post at the same time
Ha I already have them [emoji851][emoji851]
I clicked too many times and deleted a post at the same time, I hope I don't fly like that, I'm be over on those "crashed" postings saying "DJI MADE ME DO IT".......lol

Reactions: Jbundy63
I'm 100% sure the Mayday Board will keep it's setting, I plan on flight testing as soon as I get my Phantom back together.....The Mayday has some protection, none if ya plug in a battery into the servo output so be careful

Would I be able to add a parachute to mine? I have a battery mod attached to both sides of the landing gear. I have the P3 standard along with the Neary aerial crash protection. Not sure if i'd still be worth purchasing or not.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Would I be able to add a parachute to mine? I have a battery mod attached to both sides of the landing gear. I have the P3 standard along with the Neary aerial crash protection. Not sure if i'd still be worth purchasing or not.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Yeah I don't think you would be able to mount it on yours if you have a battery mod because it fits on one side or the other of the landing legs.

if I just use a tiny 500mah lipo to power the mayday its going to still be able to have the servo output to deploy the chute still
The battery must be 5-6V to move the servo. Not those 3.7 lipo.. Correct me if I'm wrong..

That would suck being that in there set up video for the mayday and the mars mini they are using what looks to be a 1 cell lipo to power the mayday. and the literature also says its designed to work on a 1 to 3 cell battey and support for 4 cells coming later.

So i very well may have some sort of power regulate in the mayday to be able to make the right out put voltage.

But I was thinking that a 2 cell might be better to use if the mayday has a low voltage cut off that could cause a problem if a single cell battery drops below the cutout point voltage. I'd rather take the risk of killing a cheap battery if it ever was over discharged compared to having a mis fire on the chute while flying. and being that I looked at the single cell ones that I had last night and they were puff city even tho I had them in the right storage charge when I put them away over the summer. OPPS..
and I have to get new ones anyway. so I very well just might go with with 2 cell battery's now that I have to get new batterys any way. I found some last night that look pretty good and only 9 grams.

Ideally Id like to be able to be sure a single battery could give me at least an hour of safe flying time per battery on the mayday and still have enough lee way to not be any were near the danger zone of a low battery chute mishap while flying.

The battery must be 5-6V to move the servo. Not those 3.7 lipo.. Correct me if I'm wrong..
Because I had opened up the backpack earlier to check it, out of curiosity. I also took my dvom and checked the voltage of the Lipo at full charge and it was 4.21v It also feels like the servo even at this voltage has plenty of torque to deploy.

The standard voltage is 4.8 V DC for the type of servo they use, the backpack could output just about any voltage with a dc to dc converter chip, I didn't check output with a voltmeter however after 7 test in a row I have found the backpack will last over two hours, kyle said not to fly over 40min, so as not to drain the battery too much, but so far I have found no bugs .....The mayday inputs 3-12vdc

Reactions: J.James
That would suck being that in there set up video for the mayday and the mars mini they are using what looks to be a 1 cell lipo to power the mayday. and the literature also says its designed to work on a 1 to 3 cell battey and support for 4 cells coming later.

So i very well may have some sort of power regulate in the mayday to be able to make the right out put voltage.

But I was thinking that a 2 cell might be better to use if the mayday has a low voltage cut off that could cause a problem if a single cell battery drops below the cutout point voltage. I'd rather take the risk of killing a cheap battery if it ever was over discharged compared to having a mis fire on the chute while flying. and being that I looked at the single cell ones that I had last night and they were puff city even tho I had them in the right storage charge when I put them away over the summer. OPPS..
and I have to get new ones anyway. so I very well just might go with with 2 cell battery's now that I have to get new batterys any way. I found some last night that look pretty good and only 9 grams.

Ideally Id like to be able to be sure a single battery could give me at least an hour of safe flying time per battery on the mayday and still have enough lee way to not be any were near the danger zone of a low battery chute mishap while flying.
If it where me I would keep it single cell Lipo, it's convenient to be able to charge by usb. I would just increase the mah a little.

Reactions: J.James
If it where me I would keep it single cell Lipo, it's convenient to be able to charge by usb. I would just increase the mah a little.

Ya definitely convenient to be able to charge by usb Tho I do also have a single cell lipo usb charger that is not to much to even carry around in my case if needed. But id really like to be able to have some thing were I could just swap out a battery in the feild for a fresh one and then recharge after I'm done flying or back home. Or even if charging in the feild could have one flying while the other is recharging.

But my thoughts behind a 2 cell compared to a single cell is the 3volt cut off on the mayday. It seems like it would be hard to get down below 3v on a 2 cell even if its way discharged and even to the point of it damaging the battery from being drained that far down. Tho I dont like the idea of having to use my charger that can charge 2 to 6 cell lipod just to charge the maydays battery's. Or having to get a small more convenient one to use. My drone and other hobby stuff is starting to look like the basket of chargers we have in our kitchen for all our phones and other devises that all have this and that charger. It was a pain in the bum I was starting to get away from sence getting the p3 and not needing so many different chargers to charge all my stuff.

But one way or the other I am going to get to play around with the mayday and a mars mini soon being I just accidentally pulled the trigger and placed and order even tho I was not really ready to yet and was just trying to see what the total amount was going to be and some how it checked me out automatically threw paypal even tho I wanted to pay by credit card. Opps tho I'm glad it was some thing I was planing to get and spend the money on anyway.

and hee my old lady asked how much the chute thing cost and I got to honestly say it was only 160 and lol she never did ask about the mount or the mayday. :)

for the type of servo they use
Thanks for detailed explanation. Do you know the model of the servo they use?
And I also wonder why they limited the input to 12v. If I want to use Mayday with Inspire1 without battery pack I can't do this because of 6s battery (22.2v) onboard. 33 DEVICES made their Stop Flyaway to work with up to 24v input.

Thanks for detailed explanation. Do you know the model of the servo they use?
And I also wonder why they limited the input to 12v. If I want to use Mayday with Inspire1 without battery pack I can't do this because of 6s battery (22.2v) onboard. 33 DEVICES made their Stop Flyaway to work with up to 24v input.
You can use it in that Inspire 1, just add a Servo Regulator or one of these guy's called a BEC
(I would still use a backup battery in case your main battery dies)

Battery Type: 2 - 6S LiPo (7.4V - 22.2V)
6 - 18C NiMH/NiCd (7.2V - 21.6V)
Max Constant Current: 3 amps
Selectable Output Voltage: 5 - 6V
Weight: 0.28oz (8g) BEC

I fly other RC so I'm into the electronics , not sure what model of the servo they use but a normal one is 4.8-5vdc, I use 6vdc and 12vdc Digital servo's also but I'm sure The Mars P3 lite is a normal one

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Why the bold typeface?

Amazing how much we try to prevent crash and fly always. Parachute seems so logical for something so expensive but is it just peace of mind? Drone insurance plan costs about that much right?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: afx
For me, because of my plans to incorporate the drone in to my business as a source of revenue, the idea would be to avoid downtime (which usually happens at the most inopportune moment). So I've invested both in the MARS Mini + Mayday to try to avoid a significant crash if at all possible, as well as Neary's drone protection plan on the event something unavoidable happens. As my drone starts to generate revenue in order to justify itself + these expenses, I'll likely invest in another drone either as a backup or else to make my primary while this this one is delegated to backup status.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12