M.A.R.S lite parachute kit

When looking at them yearly prices plus the deductibles insurance on the p3 its self with out any insurance for any other damages caused by it not to mention some of the other things in the policy such as the following seems like the chute and mayday system is still good insurance to have installed. Because even with a policy like the one linked to it seems you still are going to be at a lose if you dont recover the crashed craft and dont find all the pcs to it. and for peep flying p2s with go pros and gimbals and any other add ins they are still only going to be getting part of there damage covered if they wreak the whole thing. even if they are able to make a claim AND get it approved and I'm sure like most insurance cos if they can find one simple excuse to try to not pay out on a claim they usually will.
  • Only Accidental Coverage available
  • Deductibles apply - $150.00-$500.00
  • Lost/Stolen products are not covered
  • Does not cover detachable/optional camera (ex: a GoPro on a H3-3D gimbal would not be covered)
  • Only covers what originally comes with Drone - no aftermarket or add-on pieces covered
  • Must have all original parts/pieces when filing a claim. Missing items will not be replaced or covered

Amazing how much we try to prevent crash and fly always.
Crash is not so much terrible as flyaway is. If you crash you can restore broken parts and continue enjoying with your drone. But if your drone will fly away you will have nothing to enjoy with, you totally loose it.

Crash is not so much terrible as flyaway is. If you crash you can restore broken parts and continue enjoying with your drone. But if your drone will fly away you will have nothing to enjoy with, you totally loose it.
Good Point, it's like you buy insurance maybe never have to use it, same with Parachute Recovery System and GPS tracker system, keep your finger crossed it might help, you lose your quad after all that than it was met to be .....

Reactions: Jbundy63
Being able to get insurance is a good thing, as a hobbyist, not a pro, my main worry is liabilities, so I like to "help" my chances of not being sued

Even the chute thing was some thing I liked the idea of it being some thing that can help negate liabilities on the ground. Was even more so of the deciding factor on getting one then even saving the phantom its self was on the decision.

It also seems even if it say crashed in to some ones house. Not only should it cause much less damage if any thing it hits. It also might not look as bad to any one. If some ones disable drone just lofted in to there house on a chute and just made a loud bang. Instead of say crashing right threw there liveing room window. Bouncing off a house and not doing any damage to the house is bad enough. B ut crashing threw some ones window would ruin ANY ones day and have them pretty ticked off at drones in general to and not just the pilot of the one that hits there house, car, kid, dog, or what ever.

Just wanted to give a heads up to a potential problem I addressed. So in my testing of the deployment of the parachute over and over and the nature of my kids being curious of it somehow the lines became tangled over time. I simply untied the lines, untangled them and put back together. Then of course I tested again and noticed the lines going to parachute where not letting parachute spread fully open. All because under the force of the deployment I imagine that little black spacer was thrown down the line towards the parachute preventing the full opening. Now I can't remember if the knot was originally there or not but I have found it is pretty darn important to have one to prevent the spacer from getting tossed to far. Just something little I noticed thought I would pass it along.

Attachments

• 1453317795117.jpg
    1453317795117.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 1453317811636.jpg
    1453317811636.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 317
Just wanted to give a heads up to a potential problem I addressed. So in my testing of the deployment of the parachute over and over and the nature of my kids being curious of it somehow the lines became tangled over time. I simply untied the lines, untangled them and put back together. Then of course I tested again and noticed the lines going to parachute where not letting parachute spread fully open. All because under the force of the deployment I imagine that little black spacer was thrown down the line towards the parachute preventing the full opening. Now I can't remember if the knot was originally there or not but I have found it is pretty darn important to have one to prevent the spacer from getting tossed to far. Just something little I noticed thought I would pass it along.
Good information and glad you caught that and shared. I will be sure to double check mine.

Reactions: J.James
I'm not a big Walkera fan but it's nice to see the big quads coming out with on-board recovery systems, and to think when I started out back 7 years ago GPS was not even an option

drone_chute-14061978304581.jpg

Yeah they have come a long way in 7 years. I know I'm not a big Walkera fan either, heard a lot of complaints. But yes that is cool having the recovery system on it.

BTW: I got to thinking about my setup with the two chutes (two servo's) and am wondering if there will be an issue with the battery backpack that Kyle is coming out with? I really didn't think much about it until the voltage issue popped up. I emailed him to see what his response will be.

Yeah they have come a long way in 7 years. I know I'm not a big Walkera fan either, heard a lot of complaints. But yes that is cool having the recovery system on it.

BTW: I got to thinking about my setup with the two chutes (two servo's) and am wondering if there will be an issue with the battery backpack that Kyle is coming out with? I really didn't think much about it until the voltage issue popped up. I emailed him to see what his response will be.
Same here, I'd like to add another chute before spring, the only voltage issue is really the low-voltage cut-off because of the Mayday minimum input of 3volts, that I see anyway, he did tell me he was going to send out new replacement, I don't know when yet.....

Yes I defiantly like the two chute idea on a the point that maybe it will slow it down a little more and be less damaging to people, property and possibly the Phantom.

Some people are looking for a "cheaper" way out as seen here on this model, it also uses a one cell lipo, now if someone could mount it on a Phantom 3 ?
plump.jpg

I think it uses something like this to trigger, not a "smart-box" like the Mayday
tilt.jpg

What say you ?

I agree there is a possibility to use a system like that on the P3 if there is enough to clearance to mount it under the gimbal. I would think that is what they are probably using is some kind of tilt switch to activate the servo. Simple in design. I really like the idea of the Mayday design just hoping for good results on the updated battery backpack.

Not sure why the need for a proportional device (servo) when a simple tilt-switch & solenoid type actuator is all that is necessary to deploy a spring released chute.

Defiantly! I would be worried that it would deploy while flying aggressively [emoji15] Keith or MIT One, due you know what the Mah rating of the battery backpack is?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4