M.A.R.S lite parachute kit

YA I could see some thing like that home made ball bearing tilt switch being problematic with any kind of aggressive flying going on. Esp if it were able to work from a free fall speed considering the p3 and other phantoms can fly faster then there top free fall speed which is in the mid 40s to 50 Mph depending on weight and air density. But The p3 can hit them speeds + when going full bore and it stops pretty fast to. So It could possibly cause a deployment on a fast braking action or direction change.

But it might work great on some thing more lumbersome and slow moving. esp On them home built jobbys were they are even made of lumber with some motors and flight controller nailed on a cross made out of some 2x4s lol

If it is 100 mah than the servo and Mayday is pulling 40 ma in the set position giving you roughly 2-1/2 hours of battery life. Does that seem about right?

What is the weight of the battery backpack?
Sorry for all the questions LOL

If it is 100 mah than the servo and Mayday is pulling 40 ma in the set position giving you roughly 2-1/2 hours of battery life. Does that seem about right?

What is the weight of the battery backpack?
Sorry for all the questions LOL
5.6 gram battery pack and .14 grams for mayday is what I just weighted................In my tests so far I have got over 2 hours each time, so I would think you could run through at least two flight batteries safe, like kyle said 40 minutes at least, I'm going to try three......I bet that red led draws more mah than all the other parts total.....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbundy63
Yeah I bet your right on the mah led draw [emoji15] Thanks for letting me know the weight. I'm ready to start some testing as well, just need the rest of my stuff [emoji848]

Sans titre 1.jpg

Will the Hubsan Parachute Recovery System bolt-up to a Phantom 3 and will it give MARS PARACHUTES a run for their money ??

Reactions: Carman Doan
Are you going to try it?
There are some over on another thread that placed orders, I hope they can get them to work, hey, for $119/shipped complete with battery, as long as the quad tills more than 80* and doesn't drop straight out of the sky like a rock and you are at least 50ft up it should work just fine !!

There are some over on another thread that placed orders, I hope they can get them to work, hey, for $119/shipped complete with battery, as long as the quad tills more than 80* and doesn't drop straight out of the sky like a rock and you are at least 50ft up it should work just fine !!
Really! Do you have a link? Do you know chute dimensions?

Really! Do you have a link? Do you know chute dimensions?
H109S-27 Parachute Recovery System X4 Pro
This is the Parachute Recovery System
for the Hubsan X4 Pro FPV Quadcopter, HBNE0020.

Features
Deploys when tilt angle exceeds 80°
Spring loaded design ensures fast, full deployment

Includes
Main Body
Pin
Parachute Cloth
Wrench
Two Mounting Brackets
Instruction Manual

Specifications
Weight of Parachute Set: 3oz (85g)
Battery Life: 6 hours
Deployment Time: 0.5 seconds Minimum
Deployment Height: 16.4 yd (15m)

POST 176 HAS PHOTO
HOBBY ZONE has one listed

That's interesting, I believe the chute is 27" They don't say, but looking at the other chutes the end number is the size. Would sure like to know if someone tries this.

Thanks Keith, I'm messing with mine, hooked up a 9 volt battery 500 mah and my setup with two servo's are pulling 60 to 130 mA it fluctuates due to the servo holding position, running time to see how long this holds @ 1 hour 10 minutes and looks like it has dropped about 1.5 volts so far. Something to mess with in bad weather [emoji16]

Thanks Keith, I'm messing with mine, hooked up a 9 volt battery 500 mah and my setup with two servo's are pulling 60 to 130 mA it fluctuates due to the servo holding position, running time to see how long this holds @ 1 hour 10 minutes and looks like it has dropped about 1.5 volts so far. Something to mess with in bad weather [emoji16]
Most any battery should work OK, just watch weight as more will reduce flight time, sometimes "smaller" is better

Definitely on the weight! I was just wanted to see how long a 9 volt 500 Mah battery would last until deployment with the two servo's. Around 2 hours 15 minutes. Looking for a temp battery/charger until Kyle gets things figured out, I really wish if the battery gets low the servo's would stay in the locked position instead of opening.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94