Beginner mode?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Advance. Last winter after numerous attempts of updating the firmware, I sent my drone in to a DJI center to get the issue resolved. They told me that my controller was bad. So they sent me another one. They paired it up and did a firmware update.

Once I received my drone back, I recalibrated and I fired up the drone and got it running.

With winters being so cold, I did not fly at all until recently.

My drone fires up just fine, there are no warning or error messages but when I take off it only lets me go to a height of 98 feet and travel 160 feet out.

I checked to make sure it wasn't in Beginner Mode which it wasn't.

No matter what I do, I can't get it to go higher or further.

It responds like it's not in Beginner Mode but limits me to that mode.

Powered everything down, calibrated the drone, fired everything up (multiple ways.. turn on drone, controller, tablet... controller, drone, tablet...ect) but nothing works.

DJI support hasn't been much help either..

Anyone else had this issue or can give some insight?

Did you trying logging into DJI GO before heading out to fly?

Reactions: Oso
I have a Phantom 3 Advance. Last winter after numerous attempts of updating the firmware, I sent my drone in to a DJI center to get the issue resolved. They told me that my controller was bad. So they sent me another one. They paired it up and did a firmware update.

Once I received my drone back, I recalibrated and I fired up the drone and got it running.

With winters being so cold, I did not fly at all until recently.

My drone fires up just fine, there are no warning or error messages but when I take off it only lets me go to a height of 98 feet and travel 160 feet out.

I checked to make sure it wasn't in Beginner Mode which it wasn't.

No matter what I do, I can't get it to go higher or further.

It responds like it's not in Beginner Mode but limits me to that mode.

Powered everything down, calibrated the drone, fired everything up (multiple ways.. turn on drone, controller, tablet... controller, drone, tablet...ect) but nothing works.

DJI support hasn't been much help either..

Anyone else had this issue or can give some insight?
Welcome from Florida. Proper etiquette here is to reply when somebody gives you an answer to your question. Fly safe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl