M.A.R.S lite parachute kit

does any one know of any place selling an entire kit for the mars mini 2, mayday, battery backpack and maybe even mounts for a p3 all in one??? or do they still all have to be ordered separately?

and if seprate do I have my list right with out forgetting any thing?
Mars mini
mayday computer + battery back pack
and a p3 mount and possibly the quick fit adapter option.
do I also need the angle thingy along with the p3 mount?

and I leaveing any thing out ????? also on the p3 is there any wiring that has to be/ or that can be hooked up inside the phantom 3 if using the mayday and the battery backpack????

Thanks in advance for any help any one can provide with this.
Mayday - Phantom 3 Parachute Bundle
Products | North UAV
Last time I checked these are in stock
You should be able to learn what you want to know from their website

Mayday - Phantom 3 Parachute Bundle
Products | North UAV
Last time I checked these are in stock
You should be able to learn what you want to know from their website.

ya I did run in to that one when searching on line and from the posts here. But what I'm really looking for would be a whole ready to go kit for the mars mini v2 (the 1 that launches from the tube with the spring) But thats just from me assuming that the mini v2 is better then the other style as far as deploying the chute. Tho there is the added weight drawback on the mini.

Tho if there happens to be any reason why the mini 2 is not even needed and is just over kill. I'm all ears if the flat style non tube launched chute is just as good or at least as reliable of a deployment.

Tho one thing I have noticed from a lot of the other kits I seen that were not the right ones they don't seem to be too too much of a gigantic savings on the total price. of just putting together a mix and match order. So even if I cant find a ready to go mars mini v2 kit for a p3 and with the mayday. Doing a mix and match is not the end of the world and its also still winter time and I don't need to pull the trigger right away. I still lol have lots of time to hem and haw over it. :)

esp being I also need to get the extra funds set aside being this is an upgrade I never intended to get or spend that much on any new upgrades for the p3. BUT after seeing the mayday in action with a chute system. Its now on my top priority's list. esp being its one of them few up grades that is a good investment and could very well pay for its self a few times over even if its only needed or used 1 time.

Great! Defiantly let us know your results.
On my test bench, just under 40 minutes, (backpack battery), red led went out and chute deployed

Attachments

• DSCF4470.JPG
    DSCF4470.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 439
Reactions: M.I.T. One
On my test bench, just under 40 minutes, (backpack battery), red led went out and chute deployed
Dang!! That's crazy. I messaged Kyle on Kickstarter to see if he will respond to this issue. I need to check if any reply. I'll let you know if any things said. Thanks for posting this Keith!

BTW Maybe he can have a firmware update to help this?

Dang!! That's crazy. I messaged Kyle on Kickstarter to see if he will respond to this issue. I need to check if any reply. I'll let you know if any things said. Thanks for posting this Keith!

I also emailed Kyle yesterday about the best way to "dry" test the Mayday Board, I think this is a "Fail-safe" when you hit low battery, that does suck you only have 40min of flight time on a charge !
I just sent another email to their "support", asking about this 40 minute or less crap, after all they say 1 1/2 hour run time !!

Last edited:
I also emailed Kyle yesterday about the best way to "dry" test the Mayday Board, I think this is a "Fail-safe" when you hit low battery, that does suck you only have 40min of flight time on a charge !
Yeah it does! Defiantly keep me up to date and I'll do the same.

So is the battey back pack just the battery? Or is it a battery and and other electronics in it???

J.James said:
So is the battey back pack just the battery? Or is it a battery and and other electronics in it???
see post #80

I some how missed that. Thanks.

UPDATE !! I don't think we were charging the battery pack the right way, plug USB cable in mayday, with the battery backpack off first, there should be a green led on inside backpack, when this go's out and only than is it fully charged, the red led on mayday will stay on, try this and let me know how it works, time I mean. (don't turn on backpack while it's charging, leave it off) CRAP, NOW KYLE SAID DON'T USE THE BATTERY BACKPACK........................READ BELOW
JUST GOT THIS EMAIL TODAY !!

Kyle O'Rourke <[email protected]>

We recommend gently rotating the system (UAV and all) in you hands continuously until a deployment occurs. If it is not deploying, increase the rotation speed until it does. You could also gently toss the system in the air 1-2 feet repeatably until activation occurs.

On a separate note: We have found an issue with the Battery Backpack. When it is over discharged it will sometimes cause the Mayday to activate the parachute. We are currently telling all of our customers that have bought the product to not use it until a proper solution is found. This was our mistake and we will do everything necessary to fix the issue.
All the best,

Kyle O'Rourke
[email protected]

Last edited:
Just got my new kit. Anyone else purchase this or try it out?View attachment 38836
Hey man, yup it will save you drone but not your camera gimbl , i used to have one on my V2+ and it crash on solid surface what damage my gimbal. Even if you install a gimbal plate protector maybe will damage the gimbal from the power of touching the land,
However it will minimise your battery 20% ,

So keep it in ur mind,
Cheers

Hey man, yup it will save you drone but not your camera gimbl , i used to have one on my V2+ and it crash on solid surface what damage my gimbal. Even if you install a gimbal plate protector maybe will damage the gimbal from the power of touching the land,
However it will minimise your battery 20% ,

So keep it in ur mind,
Cheers
I think the chute just slows it down a little but of course if ya hit payment hard enought nothing will help you 100%
I would rather take some Damage than lose all the Phantom, or hit a person or car !!!

Last edited:
Left stick down or CSC will kill the motors.
I wonder.... Is there anyway to stop CSC being enabled once the aircraft is airborne in the Go app? Seems a pointless and somewhat dangerous "feature" that can wipe out the aircraft? If not, I'd have thought it was something that DJI could introduce in a future release, unless I'm missing something?

I wonder.... Is there anyway to stop CSC being enabled once the aircraft is airborne in the Go app? Seems a pointless and somewhat dangerous "feature" that can wipe out the aircraft? If not, I'd have thought it was something that DJI could introduce in a future release, unless I'm missing something?

It's a shame so much misinformation continues on such a discussed issue...
Left stick down [only] WILL NOT kill the motors in flight, only the CSC will do that.

CSC is not a stick combination that you will ever encounter in normal flight.

Once airborne the CSC becomes an Emergency Stop feature.
Good luck convincing the manufacturer that it should be disabled.

UPDATE !! I don't think we were charging the battery pack the right way, plug USB cable in mayday, with the battery backpack off first, there should be a green led on inside backpack, when this go's out and only than is it fully charged, the red led on mayday will stay on, try this and let me know how it works, time I mean. (don't turn on backpack while it's charging, leave it off) CRAP, NOW KYLE SAID DON'T USE THE BATTERY BACKPACK........................READ BELOW
JUST GOT THIS EMAIL TODAY !!

Kyle O'Rourke <[email protected]>

We recommend gently rotating the system (UAV and all) in you hands continuously until a deployment occurs. If it is not deploying, increase the rotation speed until it does. You could also gently toss the system in the air 1-2 feet repeatably until activation occurs.

On a separate note: We have found an issue with the Battery Backpack. When it is over discharged it will sometimes cause the Mayday to activate the parachute. We are currently telling all of our customers that have bought the product to not use it until a proper solution is found. This was our mistake and we will do everything necessary to fix the issue.
All the best,

Kyle O'Rourke
[email protected]
Okay the battery thing makes sense, still waiting on mine to arrive but now the overcharge issue? Hopefully they will get a resolve soon on this. Thanks again for posting Keith.

Okay the battery thing makes sense, still waiting on mine to arrive but now the overcharge issue? Hopefully they will get a resolve soon on this. Thanks again for posting Keith.
2 hour and 20 min, the chute deployed, (after a full charge with green led off) I have done this twice with way over two hours each time, try it and let me know. One more quick thing, use a computer usb to charge if ya can instead of an ac power pack, the computer out has less milliamps, hope team northuav finds a fix soon

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbundy63
2 hour and 20 min, the chute deployed, (after a full charge with green led off) I have done this twice with way over two hours each time, try it and let me know.
I sure will, hopefully I will receive it sometime after the 22nd of this month. At least some good news. Are you going to fly yours activated? [emoji15][emoji849][emoji51]

I sure will, hopefully I will receive it sometime after the 22nd of this month. At least some good news. Are you going to fly yours activated? [emoji15][emoji849][emoji51]
I just added to last post.........Thank the "Drone-God" I wasn't flying, I'm waiting for a new compass to get shipped, my old one has some bad wires........three out of four, lol .......well, yea, soon as I install the landing gear/compass I'll fly, I'm not worried too much as long as the battery is fully charged first !!

Reactions: Jbundy63
I just added to last post.........Thank the "Drone-God" I wasn't flying, I'm waiting for a new compass to get shipped, my old one has some bad wires........three out of four, lol
LOL Yeah I know the feeling with the Y splitter wires [emoji51]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub