Arrested today

Status
Not open for further replies.
After re reading the original post. I wonder if the police are just acting because someone complained and they have to be seen to do something?
The op said somebody complained about his YouTube video. Could have filmed someone or something that somebody didn't like or had the rights to. This really is a strange thing. The op also states there are videos on YouTube similar to his so he can't of done anything that drastic right?

it could have been one of those things where the OP had clearly broken some kind of law, the evidence was on you tube and the person that was complaining about it knew someone on the force which got action behind said complaint

Your second sentence is an obligation in the US.

I dare you to find something that us Americans have NOT complained about

You're free to complain about what ever you want.
But call a LEO and their obligated to respond and investigate. The investigation may be as simple as a drive-by.

Warning to all - (I have had a really bad day please don't give me any grief about this I just want to help/warn others).

I had the Police turn up at my house today with a search warrant. They took my drone, my phone, my pc and and memory cards + usb sticks they could find.

They took me to the police station and have interviewed me for just under 2 hours and have various avation charges against me because someone has made a complaint about my youtube videos.

I have been released on bail and will be going back 15th February. I know there are lots of videos on youtube not to dis-similar to mine and they are really trying to push everything they can at me.

You can view my channel here which contains the videos in question.
Aerial Videos with DJI Phantom 3 Standard - YouTube

I didn't intend to get in any trouble or cause any harm to anyone with my flying. I just love flying my drone and love the aerial photography. I just intend to warn people to be quite vigilant and I don't want anyone to be experiencing.

Is this your story? 37 year old male from Stratford upon... - South Warwickshire Rural Neighbourhood Watch | Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Truth, our avatars offend some people ;)

heh

well, I'm a die-hard petrolhead and have been since I was born. My grandfather was a race car driver, my dad drove ex SCCA spec Jags while he was growing up, I learned to drive a manual at age 7 in a right hand drive 1936 Triumph Gloria, I own 5 cars and 4 motorcycles...if that offends anyone...well they can direct their comments toward the roost of my avatar glorified KTM525

Reactions: Dazzauk
Yep, I posted it a page back and the bail document. It's the same guy, BigR1979 = R Smith and his birth year if he's 37. I should be a detective ;)

The internet is scary - the amount of info that a regular person can find within minutes....just imagine what dedicated pros can find

The internet is scary - the amount of info that a regular person can find within minutes....just imagine what dedicated pros can find

AINT that the truth brother.

It's only scary if you've done something wrong. This is where I will plead the 5th ;)

IMG_1809.PNG
This is like neighbourhood watch gone a little on the crazy side. From the Facebook page the search warrant was executed by a Police Constable in the company of Police Community support officer PCSO (uniformed civilian police support officer). In this instance the PCSO just happens to serve duty as the chief police drone pilot. Out hunting down counterfeit goods merchants this weekend from the skies.

Not to defend the OP, but I was 'fortunate' to see some of the videos as soon as he started the thread. I did not see anything I found to be controversial. Most of the footage I saw was some houses surrounded by green pasture and waterways. Nothing extreme nor unique. It seemed to me he was simply exploring his surroundings and pushed his drone as far/high as it could get. Again, I did not see ALL videos (you get bored quickly if all of them show brick houses, green pastures, and bluish water/sky).

Let us not rush to judgement. We should give him the benefit of the doubt instead. He may have set his videos to private simply not to further incriminate himself (whatever the allegations are).

What I'd take away from this story: With drones now very 'common' (thanks for DJI and Black Friday deals), we, as a community, must be vigilant of the rules/laws out there, and ensure we are not breaking any. There are lots of ignorant 'drone-haters' out there ... and we for sure do not want the OP's story to repeat itself.

Last edited:
What I'd take away from this story: With drones now very 'common' (thanks for DJI and Black Friday deals), we, as a community, must be vigilant of the rules/laws out there, and ensure we are not breaking any. There are lots of ignorant 'drone-haters' out there ... and we for sure do not want the OP's story to repeat itself.

Agreed. And you know he thing is after looking at the drone safety website I don't believe the rules and regs are even that harsh. The only rule most would probably break is the drone in sight rule.

View attachment 74432 This is like neighbourhood watch gone a little on the crazy side. From the Facebook page the search warrant was executed by a Police Constable in the company of Police Community support officer PCSO (uniformed civilian police support officer). In this instance the PCSO just happens to serve duty as the chief police drone pilot. Out hunting down counterfeit goods merchants this weekend from the skies.

Wow some
Good digging there dude lol.
Here's a thing if they are using drones to watch the market then they must be flying over houses and building etc and they too run the risk of hurting either properties or persons. So aren't they breaking the rules??

And I bet his drone wasn't in sight with his own eyes

I find this amusing...It's like
" I committed all these crimes and posted videos of myself committing crimes on the internet for the whole world to see and now I'm in trouble and I don't understand it"

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I find this amusing...It's like
" I committed all these crimes and posted videos of myself committing crimes on the internet for the whole world to see and now I'm in trouble and I don't understand it"

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I didn't get to see any of the videos and in some of my earlier posts I said he must have done something crazy.

The problem is no one knows what he did wrong or what charges are being brought against him.

Other people who said they saw the videos said it was not anything unusual for a drone video therefore o wonder what in the heck made the police go to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic