Arrested today

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the absence of knowing what the charges are it's hard to know to what extent vigilance might be required by others however I wish you well. Being the subject of allegations/investigation is no fun, especially if you are innocent.

In the absence of knowing what the charges are it's hard to know to what extent vigilance might be required by others however I wish you well. Being the subject of allegations/investigation is no fun, especially if you are innocent.
I can't remember exact wording but they are suggesting I believe endangering safety of people and property. Endangering aircraft and people in aircraft. Landing within 30m of a person. Flying out of line of sight. Breaking 50/150m rule without caa authority to do so. Can't remember rest. Hope that helps.

I can't remember exact wording but they are suggesting I believe endangering safety of people and property. Endangering aircraft and people in aircraft. Landing within 30m of a person. Flying out of line of sight. Breaking 50/150m rule without caa authority to do so. Can't remember rest. Hope that helps.
Yes.... thank you. Hopefully they are just trying to make an example out of your case and won't hammer you to hard with the penalties. What a nightmare!

Anyway hopefully that all helps guys just hope no one experiences same as me if post has saved a person its surely worth it and helps educate others.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Whoa small world. I had actually WATCHED your above the fog video about 5 hours ago because I wanted to see how high I had to climb to reach the fog ceiling since it's been foggy all day every day the last week where I live.

Anyways I see nothing wrong in your videos

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The law you broke on the range test I believe is the line of sight law.

However the 400ft rule I don't believe is LAW but only advisory , the actual LAWS are so grey it is unreal, they all seem to be suggestions rather than RULES ! ,

The law you broke on the range test I believe is the line of sight law.

However the 400ft rule I don't believe is LAW but only advisory , the actual LAWS are so grey it is unreal, they all seem to be suggestions rather than RULES ! ,

You got that backwards. LOS is rule 400ft high is law

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm very curious what content they are referring to as illegal. Maybe the areas are more than "sparsely" populated.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm very curious what content they are referring to as illegal. Maybe the areas are more than "sparsely" populated.

I was told when I called CAA that it is mainly down to being sensible and not being dangerous, even they couldn't tell me on the phone what it meant as such. I think the fact that there is a video showing the distance travelled and the fact that there is another with the drone above the clouds is the issue here more than anything.

Even though ,as per the link I posted, the regulations regarding maximum height aren't "set in stone" for unmanned aircraft under 7KG

Well this has generated some very interesting discussion. I would at least recommend getting some legal advice or representation. Some of your vids do break the Drone Safe code of flying over built up areas, keeping the Drone within unaided site and it looks as though at least one was within the NFZ of a glider site. As a Phantom 3 only weighs 1.25kg it might be an argument against the over 7kg rule but I doubt it. The fog video is probably the most damning. I am sure we will not see the last of this subject in the UK and The EU are currently working on legislation too. Good luck with your case and please let us know the outcome.

Wow so sorry to hear about this. I think it's sad that most of us are now restricted to flying.

Fly to low and it's dangerous as it can hit a building

Fly to high and it might hit a light plane or helicopter

Seems we can't win. I understand that the police have to investigate if a compliant is made but please don't accept that this is over for you. Your videos was nothing bad, your not spying on people. I really do hope you get this resolved. It's a shame that the world is split into two opinions about drones. Half love them and half hate them. It's a shame but I personally think one of two things will happen.

1) will get a small fine (if this is your first offence you will likely get a caution)

2) drone may be confiscated by the police and be put up on a police auction.

If this does happen then do fight it and keep us updated

Neon Euc

Unbelievable that with all our problems with drivers with cell phones, moms driving like crazy when they drop off their kids at school, no one stopping for pedestrians ..... I could go on forever.
The above incidences put far more people in jeopardy than a drone. Sounds like you have a vigilante group after drone operators.
If anything couldn't they pick on drivers using their cell phones. I ride a motorcycle and these people scare the hell out of me. I have never come close to getting hit by a drone but numerous times by cell using drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart