Arrested today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Warning to all - (I have had a really bad day please don't give me any grief about this I just want to help/warn others).

I had the Police turn up at my house today with a search warrant. They took my drone, my phone, my pc and and memory cards + usb sticks they could find.

They took me to the police station and have interviewed me for just under 2 hours and have various avation charges against me because someone has made a complaint about my youtube videos.

I have been released on bail and will be going back 15th February. I know there are lots of videos on youtube not to dis-similar to mine and they are really trying to push everything they can at me.

You can view my channel here which contains the videos in question.
Aerial Videos with DJI Phantom 3 Standard - YouTube

I didn't intend to get in any trouble or cause any harm to anyone with my flying. I just love flying my drone and love the aerial photography. I just intend to warn people to be quite vigilant and I don't want anyone to be experiencing.

Great heads up but beyond that were you asked to remove vids and/or advised not to discuss this publicly (such as here)?

Reactions: Squirrel!
So sorry to hear about your bad day, I know all the areas you've been flying in being a local boy myself. Hope it all gets sorted. Please keep us updated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BigR1979
Have they said which one is breaking the law?

The one that looks like it is illegal is the one above the clouds?

Can you be any more specific than "aviation charges"? While it wouldn't be a suprise to learn the Police may be assisting with an investigation (including gathering evidence) I would have thought only the aviation authority would have the power to lay charges.

Reactions: patman561
Great heads up but beyond that were you asked to remove vids and/or advised not to discuss this publicly (such as here)?
No I have not been requested to remove vids or not discuss publicly. I wouldn't have Done if had been asked as don't want more trouble to add to what I'm already dealing with

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can you be any more specific than "aviation charges"? While it wouldn't be a suprise to learn the Police may be assisting with an investigation (including gathering evidence) I would have thought only the aviation authority would have the power to lay charges.
I don't have all charges here but 5 or 6 in total. They said caa Don't deal with now as Don't have the manpower and since a time in 2016 police now deal with it they said

Best of luck to you if are innocent of any wrongdoing.

Not to throw any doubt but, are you sure this is not a bad prank someone is playing on you? Many years ago while I was in graduate school, you could donate money to some charity, and have the (Campus) police arrest someone of your choosing. It was all done in good 'fun', but I know of one case that turned 'not-so-good'. I believe the practice was terminated since then.

There are 3 videos in your channel that were deleted ... could those be it?

No videos are the argtek one fog one and lower Quinton ones .this is not a joke or a prank unfortunately. I hope posting this stuff isn't frowned upon I just Don't want others to end up in same situation as me.

Your hyperlink is broken can you add a new one? I want to see your channel

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers