I fly P4 Pro V2 for living and develop software for sharing aerial maps.

Reaction score
Website
maphub.online
I am based in Fiji islands right next to 180 meridian also known as International Date Line or "The Edge of the World" so technically I live today but go shopping in yesterday and back in today. You can also travel in time from today in tomorrow and back. It is actually depends on what side from the date line you are. Virtually of course.

Once I got 16000 km on my fly log by accidentally crossing the international date line and able to come back. That literally takes your drone across the world immediately from the Eastern edge of the world map to the Western edge and back. Drones, when fly on autopilot usually loose their mind and fly away when they cross the 180 meridian. Luckily mine was flying manually at that time. Nevertheless I learnt how to map the Earth along the 180 meridian safely without loosing drone.

I've been flying Phantom 4 Advanced then Pro V2 the last 5 years, that started just as a hobby of taking aerial shots then turned to be partly, then full time occupancy in aerial mapping field.
When started producing first aerial maps I realised that there is no convenient / reasonably priced tool to share relatively large aerial maps with clients that have no time no desire of learning how to use complex software to view their maps. Whatever exists wasn't satisfying me in a number of aspects.
So that's how MapHub started.
If some of you do aerial mapping and sometimes need simple, convenient and straightforward way of sharing your work with others.
You can try Map Hub or Map Hub Atlas
It is not commercial project so far so anyone who got their aerial maps to share feel free to try it and give me your feedback.
For my mapping jobs I use
Phantom 4 Pro V2 with Topodrone PPK module,
Emlid Reach GNSS base and
Topodrone software for PPK processing

Software used for planning mapping missions
DJI Pilot
For executing missions same DJI Pilot.. there is nothing better exists for that IMHO I tried them all
For processing maps: Open Drone Map Drone Mapping Software - OpenDroneMap™
For sharing them and doing some basic work with them: Maphub.online

Cheers

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: RodPad
WOW!

I looked at all three of your posts.

I will look at your links.
Probably beyond my brain power.

I will look.!!

Welcome to the forum!

Rod ..

Reactions: GFields
I am based in Fiji islands right next to 180 meridian also known as International Date Line or "The Edge of the World" so technically I live today but go shopping in yesterday and back in today. You can also travel in time from today in tomorrow and back. It is actually depends on what side from the date line you are. Virtually of course.

Once I got 16000 km on my fly log by accidentally crossing the international date line and able to come back. That literally takes your drone across the world immediately from the Eastern edge of the world map to the Western edge and back. Drones, when fly on autopilot usually loose their mind and fly away when they cross the 180 meridian. Luckily mine was flying manually at that time. Nevertheless I learnt how to map the Earth along the 180 meridian safely without loosing drone.

I've been flying Phantom 4 Advanced then Pro V2 the last 5 years, that started just as a hobby of taking aerial shots then turned to be partly, then full time occupancy in aerial mapping field.
When started producing first aerial maps I realised that there is no convenient / reasonably priced tool to share relatively large aerial maps with clients that have no time no desire of learning how to use complex software to view their maps. Whatever exists wasn't satisfying me in a number of aspects.
So that's how MapHub started.
If some of you do aerial mapping and sometimes need simple, convenient and straightforward way of sharing your work with others.
You can try Map Hub or Map Hub Atlas
It is not commercial project so far so anyone who got their aerial maps to share feel free to try it and give me your feedback.
For my mapping jobs I use
Phantom 4 Pro V2 with Topodrone PPK module,
Emlid Reach GNSS base and
Topodrone software for PPK processing

Software used for planning mapping missions
DJI Pilot
For executing missions same DJI Pilot.. there is nothing better exists for that IMHO I tried them all
For processing maps: Open Drone Map Drone Mapping Software - OpenDroneMap™
For sharing them and doing some basic work with them: Maphub.online

Cheers
I watched a video on YouTube a couple of weeks ago about how and why the date line makes its strange zig-zags. It mentioned the Fiji islands issue. The "time travel" scenario was very interesting. Having lived on Guam and in Japan, I've crossed over that line many, many times. If I lived in your area, I think I'd find a way to air drop a fishing line a hundred or so meters from the shore. ;-)

Reactions: RodPad
Hum, well just found this thread, turned in to a dead end?
Not sure which way this actually went?

Anyways..
@VegasFlyer
Lets still keep in touch!!

Rod ..

Sorry about that, I got my threads and tabs crossed. :rolleyes: :)👍👌

Wasn't even a Monday :)

Rod ..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics