Question About FAADroneZone RID Module Registration

Reaction score
Received my DroneBeacon db120 today today (ordered on 8/19 so not too bad on the backorder delay) but have a question about registering it on FAADroneZone. I have but one UAS (a P4) so have only one entry in the FAADroneZone inventory. When registering the RID module and updating the FAADroneZone info, do I simply overwrite the drone's S/N with the RID module's S/N or do I create a second entry in the inventory (and pay another $5 to register the module)? It's not entirely clear. If overwriting the S/N, that would seem to imply that the FAA no longer cares about the drone's S/N as long as the RID module S/N is registered. I don't intend to fly with the module attached until I have to, so didn't complete the RID module registration since overwriting the drone's S/N with the RID module's S/N would have me flying a drone who's S/N doesn't match the registration. I'd appreciate some guidance from those who are in the know on this topic. Thanks.

Reactions: Adamborz
Can’t answer for sure as I don’t have a module. BUT, I doubt you’d delete the SN of the drone as some people have numerous. I wonder if the module gets its own FAA number? Makes sense especially if you’re switching it between drones…. Just a guess. Good luck. I’ll be following as I have several drones I’ll need to buy a module for too eventually.

I have already gone through the experience of getting my RID beacon mounted and registered. On the FAA dashboard, with a click, change the status of your P4 then simply overwrite the serial number. They will issue a new registration card (on line) and it does not cost anything.

I have already gone through the experience of getting my RID beacon mounted and registered. On the FAA dashboard, with a click, change the status of your P4 then simply overwrite the serial number. They will issue a new registration card (on line) and it does not cost anything.
What if you need to switch it between several drones? I have 3 non compliant drones as back ups…

Go into the dashboard and make the first one like it was before then so the second one with the new number.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl