Disconnect from remote question

Reaction score
I was flying today with linking to 17 satellites and about 700 feet away from my and about 235ish (rough estimates) elevated, my controllers signal to the aircraft went down and down and disconnected. Return to home came up on be screen but never initiated on the aircraft so the aircraft remained hovering at the point of disconnect. I had sight of the aircraft and even though my phone said disconnected, I still had control of the aircraft so I flew it home by sight. No problems on the flight home by sight but landed and shut down and restated the whole controller. When the controller started back up, it connected to the aircraft again. The question is why did this happen!? I have a Iphone 7plus and it was in airplane mode for flight. USB to power it was perfectly fine. I do have the hdmi module but had never had this happen before!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Possibility of inteference or physical obstructions between you and the drone? If not, try another cable from your device to the controller and repeat the flight and maybe see if an increase in height will help. I would also check your RTH settings and make sure that the drone will return to you and not hover in the event of a signal loss.

If that happens again, try unplugging usb and re-plugging.

The problem seems to be something with the controller. I tried three different USB cables and when I plug it in, my phone comes up that it's charging and then the charge icon goes away after a second or two. So in my mind it's charging but it's really not. Three different cables with the same result. Any recommendations?

iPad does the same thing. Funny thing is if I unplug the device, it disconnects but when plugged in, it's connected and I could see the video but it's not charging

Reading your original post again suggests that all you suffered in the first instance was a loss of video for whatever reason, interference or something as you still had full control to bring it back. When you power up the RC/AC your iPhone sees an output from the controller and makes that little noise, it's not charging. Try flying in another area and look at your video and signal strength for any signs of a loss in the number of bars, I think it is something as simple as inteference that can be managed through increasing your height or your transmission settings, select a channel that has no inteference and drop your transmission rate to 4 Mbps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20