Arrested today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It absolutely may be trolling but he may have thought better about possibly further incriminating himself via a public forum
I won't provide a link to the bail grant posted on the facebook page I linked to. It has the guys full name on it, his first initial is R which matches the OP's forum handle and the next court date on the document matches the OP's post Feb 15th. Could be coincidence I guess.

Edit: also his forum name has a year in it. The above link mentions a 37 year old. Do the math :)

I won't provide a link to the bail grant posted on the facebook page I linked to. It has the guys full name on it, his first initial is R which matches the OP's forum handle and the next court date on the document matches the OP's post Feb 15th. Could be coincidence I guess.

Fair enough. I had a look at that Facebook link and it looks genuine.

Still think he must have done something crazy though??

I even read all the rules article 93&94 which were posted on that Facebook page and it basically just says be sensible when you fly. Don't fly over 400ft or 50m from a person.
And get this lol. Be reasonably satisfied you will make the flight.

Reactions: JimD89

Public shaming of a guy who was out flying a drone, albeit maybe around the fringes of the rules but not spying on people or hurting anyone else....

IMHO the public at large would be better served by tracking down actual criminals and rapists

why would he have set all of his videos to private then...?
I thought I would be directed to the specific video(s) he refers to. Instead of that I was presented with pages of videos.Would I like to be the next youtube million milliona
why would he have set all of his videos to private then...?
I ws curious about the OP. I suspected the OP was sort of new here (like I am).

I have seen this over and over. People post on a popular board or forum with the hopes of driving traffic to their website, or to a facebook group, or to their product or to whatever.

For all I know I'm absolutely wrong about this, but I hope I am right about this. Being in a boat-load of legal trouble is much worse than coming out here pimping some click-bait.

Public shaming of a guy who was out flying a drone, albeit maybe around the fringes of the rules but not spying on people or hurting anyone else....

That's the point isn't it dude, he wasn't doing anything as far as we know because we can't watch the videos that was crazy. Or maybe he was.
I just can't imagine the police haven't got better things to do with there time. Unless the guy was spying on kids or something.

Given that all the videos have gone private, I doubt it's click bait...

That's the point isn't it dude, he wasn't doing anything as far as we know because we can't watch the videos that was crazy. Or maybe he was.
I just can't imagine the police haven't got better things to do with there time. Unless the guy was spying on kids or something.

totally agree.

let's just hope his computer wasn't filled with hours of playground footage....

totally agree.

let's just hope his computer wasn't filled with hours of playground footage....

Unfortunately can't see any other reason police would go round to his house.

Unfortunately can't see any other reason police would go round to his house.

That would be bad

You would think that if children would have been involved, they would have mentioned that on the site in the arrest notes as to warn locals

This apparently are the rules U.K have to follow

Drone Owners: Don't fall foul of the law - Read the current legislation here

There are an increasing number of people purchasing drones and conducting flights that breach the Air Navigation Order 2016.

Locally we have been educating those who have committed minor offences across our South Warwickshire Policing area. However, with the Drone Code in place since 2015 we are still finding an increasing number of people either failing to educate themselves or simply ignoring the laws.

Chief Pilot of the UAV team, Andy Steventon has said,
"Unfortunately within the growing hobbyist community of drone pilots a small proportion are tarnishing the public reputation of responsible pilots by their reckless and illegal actions.

The Warwickshire and West Mercia drone trial that we've conducted over the last 12 months has shown how these devices can be used to protect people from harm and greatly assisting with the prevention, investigation and detection of crime.

I would encourage anybody who has a drone to familiarise themselves with the laws put in place so that they can responsibly enjoy the hobby."

The Air Navigation Order 2016 came into Force on 25th August 2016. Below are a number of points for drone owners to read up on. Breaches of any of these areas may result in a criminal investigation.

The Air Navigation Order 2016

CHAPTER 1. Article 240.
Endangering safety of an aircraft
A person must not recklessly or negligently act in a manner likely to endanger an aircraft, or any person in an aircraft.

CHAPTER 1. Article 241.
Endangering safety of any person or property
A person must not recklessly or negligently cause or permit an aircraft to endanger any person or property.

CHAPTER 4. Article 94.
Small unmanned aircraft

(2) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft may only fly the aircraft if reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made.

(3) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft sufficient to monitor its flight path in relation to other aircraft, persons, vehicles, vessels and structures for the purpose of avoiding collisions.

(4) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft which has a mass of more than 7kg excluding its fuel but including any articles or equipment installed in or attached to the aircraft at the commencement of its flight, must not fly the aircraft—

(a) in Class A, C, D or E airspace unless the permission of the appropriate air traffic control unit has been obtained;

(b) within an aerodrome traffic zone during the notified hours of watch of the air traffic control unit (if any) at that aerodrome unless the permission of any such air traffic control unit has been obtained; or

(c) at a height of more than 400 feet above the surface unless it is flying in airspace described in sub-paragraph (a) or (b) and in accordance with the requirements for that airspace.

(5) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft must not fly the aircraft for the purposes of commercial operations except in accordance with a permission granted by the CAA.

CHAPTER 4. Article 95.
Small unmanned surveillance aircraft

95. (1) The person in charge of a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not fly the aircraft in any of the circumstances described in paragraph (2) except in accordance with a permission issued by the CAA.

(2) The circumstances referred to in paragraph (1) are—

(a) over or within 150 metres of any congested area;

(b) over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;

(c) within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft; or

(d) subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.

(3) Subject to paragraph (4), during take-off or landing, a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not be flown within 30 metres of any person.

(4) Paragraphs (2)(d) and (3) do not apply to the person in charge of the small unmanned surveillance aircraft or a person under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft.

First person view (FPV) allows the operator to get a bird's eye view from the drone itself as it relays live footage from the on-board camera to either a handheld screen or special goggles. FPV does not allow you to fly beyond your 'unaided' visual line of sight or that of your competent observer.

"Congested area" in relation to a city, town or settlement, means any area which is substantially used for residential, industrial, commercial or recreational purposes.

"Small unmanned aircraft" means any unmanned aircraft, other than a balloon or a kite, having a mass of not more than 20kg without its fuel but including any articles or equipment installed in or attached to the aircraft at the commencement of its flight.

"A small unmanned surveillance aircraft" means a small unmanned aircraft which is equipped to undertake any form of surveillance or data acquisition.

"Direct unaided visual contact" means that the Remote Pilot is able to maintain direct, unaided (other than corrective lenses) visual contact with the Drone which is sufficient to monitor its flight path in relation to other aircraft, persons, vessels, vehicles and structures for the purpose of avoiding collisions. Within the UK this is normally accepted out to a maximum distance of 500 metres horizontally and 400 feet vertically from the Remote Pilot.

For full details of the Air Navigation order 2016 visit,

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/765/made

PC1681 Craig Purcell
Shipston Police Safer Neighbourhood Team

Ok after researching and seeing what I could find out. I've come to the conclusion this dude has either been filming things he shouldn't or endangered an aircraft.

That seems to be the only reason the police would get involved. I have found out that Devin and Cornwall police actually use drones themselves and also if you check this link out www.dronesafe.uk you'll see that the rules are really not that bad and quite simple.

Ok after researching and seeing what I could find out. I've come to the conclusion this dude has either been filming things he shouldn't or endangered an aircraft.

it did say on the FB page that one of his vids showed him flying near an airport...

I got to the "private" videos by just clicking on the title- Videos, after sampling 5-6 of them I gave up trying to find any damning evidence, other than 2 guys huffing on a water pipe with an unknown substance.
He's not just trying to get an audience, eh?
I guess I didn't look deep enough to find any drone vids,

I got to the "private" videos by just clicking on the title- Videos, after sampling 5-6 of them I gave up trying to find any damning evidence, other than 2 guys huffing on a water pipe with an unknown substance.
He's not just trying to get an audience, eh?
I guess I didn't look deep enough to find any drone vids,
Since the OP used his full name on UT I think it's ok to share the bail form from FB. The OP is the guy in all the police and facebook links R Smith. He's gone dark for a very good reason.

Attachments

• 16195743_1396550373728861_5691658528472614715_n.jpg
    16195743_1396550373728861_5691658528472614715_n.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 330
Since the OP used his full name on UT I think it's ok to share the bail form from FB. The OP is the guy in all the police and facebook links R Smith. He's gone dark for a very good reason.

Doesn't say he can't talk about drones. Just can. Or have one and can not fly one and can not be involved I'm flying one.

Deffo must have done something crazy

hopefully it's just an over reach and not something terrible that he has done.

I wonder if they're trying to set a precedence

It does seem extreme but it's the UK so no 4th Amendment and I can't recall if they need a warrant etc. there to search and seize.

After re reading the original post. I wonder if the police are just acting because someone complained and they have to be seen to do something?
The op said somebody complained about his YouTube video. Could have filmed someone or something that somebody didn't like or had the rights to. This really is a strange thing. The op also states there are videos on YouTube similar to his so he can't of done anything that drastic right?

Your second sentence is an obligation in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic