What is the real range of P3s in Europe /Poland?

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Im still confused and I dont know witch Phantom buy,becouse when I was almoust ready to buy P3A, I heard that range in Europe and a specially in Poland is much shorter than normally?!? is that true..? Advanced is better I know but is it worth 40% price more epecially when the rage is much shorter? Is Glonass really so important to fly? I sell my Bebop Parrot Drone to buy better drone (Phantom 3 standard) but then I thing hmmm maby wait 2 month's more, get more cash and buy Advanced... Now im in spot.... What is Youre opinion?

You can compare the range in DJI's specs here. The actual range you will get will vary based on interference at your flying site. Many people are seeing ranges greater than those advertised in DJI's specs.

You can compare the range in DJI's specs here. The actual range you will get will vary based on interference at your flying site. Many people are seeing ranges greater than those advertised in DJI's specs.
I know this specs very well, but I heard that does not agree with specs.... :-(

Nobody is going to agree on this topic since the interference varies in every flying location.

Hi everyone!

Im still confused and I dont know witch Phantom buy,becouse when I was almoust ready to buy P3A, I heard that range in Europe and a specially in Poland is much shorter than normally?!? is that true..? Advanced is better I know but is it worth 40% price more epecially when the rage is much shorter? Is Glonass really so important to fly? I sell my Bebop Parrot Drone to buy better drone (Phantom 3 standard) but then I thing hmmm maby wait 2 month's more, get more cash and buy Advanced... Now im in spot.... What is Youre opinion?
If you can afford the Advanced, get the Advanced. The Video Downlink is much better, no matter what the range is. The controller is better, has a tablet mount, and feels better to hold and has a much better charging system. I know range is relative, but I just can't see a Standard ever getting more range than an Advanced in the same location. Nobody knows how long the 10 year anniversary sale will last, they might stop the sale soon so there is that to consider as well.

Ok.Thx for Youre opinion. Advanced is expensiv for me but I can afford it I think next month. .. For a standard I got a money now :).

P3 Advanced/Pro to zupełnie inna klasa pod wieloma względami. System transmisji wideo Lightbridge 2 jest bez porównania lepszy (zasięg I jakość) od WiFi w innych modelach. GPS link jest również bardziej zaawansowany technologicznie od standardowego modelu. Natomiast w kwestii zasięgu kontrolera lotu mówisz zapewne o ograniczeniach w mocy transmisji, która w Europie jest niższa od USA. DJI woli się podporządkować przepisom, dlatego w Europie (także w Kanadzie) sprzedaje tylko drony z kontrolerami o mocy nadawczej 250mW. Chodzi o konflikt z innymi odbiornikami różnych instytucji w sąsiedztwie (policja, lotnictwo, wojsko, służby zdrowia itd. itp.), rzecz możliwa w gęsto zaludnionych obszarach Europy. To nie ma nic wspólnego z implementacją No Fly Zones. Awantura na temat domniemanej wyższości amerykańskiej wersji I dyskryminacji dronów DJI w innych częściach świata trwa od dość dawna, aczkolwiek większość użytkowników nie dostrzega dramatycznej różnicy w osiągach...

Powodzenia.

Last edited:
Dziękuję bardzo za odpowiedź! :) czyli jednym zdaniem zostaje mi poczekać do następnej wypłaty :). Swoją drogą analizowałem też zakup Phantoma ze Stanów ale jak dołącza przypadkowo cło to nie wyjdę wcale na tym tak dobrze. A i pewnie w tematach gwarancji zakupiony u nas sprzęt łatwiej reklamować (mam przynajmniej dwie instytucje do tego DJI oraz sprzedawcę) :). To w takim razie będzie Phantom 3 Advanced :).

Dziękuję jeszcze raz za pomoc

I have been an owner for quite some time. The only difference I can see that really means anything to me is range. Video range, range of RC. The advanced has better range, but I don't fly out of LOS. The standard will operate out of LOS, way out for that matter. I would consider an advanced, especially at 799$, but I just don't "need" one.

I was thinking the same but than I thing hmmm... Maby buy better for Longer time (advanced) than standard version and sell it after a few flight's like I Did with bebop... :-( becouse it wasnt so good as I expected and as many people talking how good it should be...

I was thinking the same but than I thing hmmm... Maby buy better for Longer time (advanced) than standard version and sell it after a few flight's like I Did with bebop... :-( becouse it wasnt so good as I expected and as many people talking how good it should be...
My standard is as good, or better, than I need. If you take videos for youtube or facebook, your videos are squeezed down in quality to a size they determine is good for them. I maintain that the videos I take, look as good as any advanced, or even pro on the screen when I edit them. I am not a photographer, so I don't see the subtle differences between any of the three. But I know the standard flies the same as an advance or pro, range not withstanding. Seems like the big thing over here is talking about how much r ange you can get out of it though. I don't need that. A sure way to get in trouble IMO, is flying out 2 or 3 miles and flying via your tablet. I just don't see a need for it, other than to come on here and brag. Just figure out what you're going to do with it, and that'll tell you which one to buy. You'll be fine.

Hi everyone!

I've never heard about range issues in Poland. I am flying in Krakow and Tarnow and never had any problem with range. 2,9km it's not a problem. There was no space for longer flight ;)

Collect money for Advance - it is worth it :) You can always buy it in installments :)

I read about this on our Polish forum. So that was the moment when I thing hmmm...
If rage is shorter so why to buy P3A for 1500 zlotych more than the P3 Standard cost...

Did You buy Youre Phantom in Poland or in internet form US?

Wait and get the Advanced, I bought a Standard and really enjoyed learning to fly it but I sold it after a month due to the fpv quality breaking up and losing signal at any distance over 300m. I'm not knocking the Standard as its really capable but the Advanced really is on a different level, Lightbridge has much more stability, the Glonass sats help a lot with signal, the controller is a hell of a lot better both in build quality and functionality too. I managed to get a mile and a half the other day but bottled it and brought her home, I still had perfect signal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok. Thank You all. The decision is made. I will buy the Advanced next month (I hope Hehe).

Domikk,

Ja zakupiłem swojego P3S z Chin. 494$ plus 106zł - chyba cła ? przy odbiorze kurier zażądał takiej kwoty łącznie kosztował mnie 2243 zł.
Stałem przed takim samym wyborem jak Ty Standard czy Advanced - dlaczego wybrałem wersje 1? z kilku względów:
1. nie zmierzałem robić żadnych lotów rzędu 1-2 km. (zresztą i tak wolno latać w zasięgu wzroku max bez uprawnień)
2. Cena, 40% więcej - dla moich potrzeb filmowania 0,5km to aż za dużo
3. jakość nagrań - 2.7 k - testowałem przy silnym wietrze - po prostu jakość i stabilizacja obrazu miazga! (jakosc nie odbiega od adv)
4. łatwość w ewentualnej odsprzedaży - wiadomo jak w PL ;-) dla kogoś kto zaczyna przygodę z dronami łatwiej wydać 2 niż 3 tyś.
5. wifi vs lightbridge przy lataniu w zasiegu wzroku moim zdaniem nie odczuwalne kompletnie.

Pozdrawiam

Ja zakupiłem swojego P3S z Chin. 494$ plus 106zł - chyba cła ? przy odbiorze kurier zażądał takiej kwoty łącznie kosztował mnie 2243 zł.
Stałem przed takim samym wyborem jak Ty Standard czy Advanced - dlaczego wybrałem wersje 1? z kilku względów:
1. nie zmierzałem robić żadnych lotów rzędu 1-2 km. (zresztą i tak wolno latać w zasięgu wzroku max bez uprawnień)
2. Cena, 40% więcej - dla moich potrzeb filmowania 0,5km to aż za dużo
3. jakość nagrań - 2.7 k - testowałem przy silnym wietrze - po prostu jakość i stabilizacja obrazu miazga! (jakosc nie odbiega od adv)
4. łatwość w ewentualnej odsprzedaży - wiadomo jak w PL ;-) dla kogoś kto zaczyna przygodę z dronami łatwiej wydać 2 niż 3 tyś.
5. wifi vs lightbridge przy lataniu w zasiegu wzroku moim zdaniem nie odczuwalne kompletnie.

Wszystko zależy od oczekiwań. Czego się spodziewasz od ptaka, co zamierzasz osiągnąć, jaki styl latania przewidujesz? Fotografika I wideo dla własnej przyjemności czy dla klientów? Sportowe loty, bicie rekordów prędkości I zasięgu, akrobatyka, czy raczej spokojna eksploracja terenu z powietrza? Loty nad boiskiem osiedlowym czy w trudnym terenie górskim? Każda z tych maszyn sprawdzi się lepiej - albo gorzej - w specyficznych zadaniach...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl