P3S flyers, any regret not getting the P3A or P3P?

Wow Tony, that's pretty good distance with just the panel .:)

it was a good flight i flew with the wind kinda screwed that up barley made it back. flew out really quick LOL Landed with 6 percent. After that run I did a 8800 and a 6400 ft run. Really can't ask for more then that...

zero regrets on the P3S. Either way I would have bought extra batteries and a case, so that cost is negated. Got the P3S for 381.00 no tax and free shipping. Bought the DBS mod because i like to make my things different, and thinker. first flight was 19000 ft. Great camera great video, shoot could not be happier !!

Wow .. for $381 that is a no brainer.. I have seen them around $480 now but when I was looking they were a bit more. DJI seems to be killing it in the market, there is very little reason to buy anything else based on feature/price/performance. Even those copy-cat versions can't match what DJI is selling.

At the time I was only able to get the P3S and it was a good decision, soon I'll be able to upgrade which will be great, no regrets just about time I got the extras to do more with!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

At the time I was only able to get the P3S and it was a good decision, soon I'll be able to upgrade which will be great, no regrets just about time I got the extras to do more with!

Was it your first quad? It seems that everyone is reluctant to really spend a lot of money on the first bigger machine. I was the same way, bought a P2, no gimbal or anything, then slowly added on the H3-3D, iOSD, video transmitter etc. It all added up in the end, so when I wanted to trade up, I wanted to make sure I didn't have flying envy. Ended up with the P3A and don't regret it, super impressed with the lightbridge.

Tony B do you mind telling us where you found a P3S for $381 ? Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tony B do you mind telling us where you found a P3S for $381 ? Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

got it from eBay, i think it was cookie electronics, i saw the ad on cnet so I jumped on it. when i opened it the phone holder was busted so I got a credit

Happy with my P3S, it does what I want. I am not new to multirotors, I've flown a QA500 fpv with a first generation Naza controller for years. I got a Hubsan h501s as a gift and that got me interested in the aerial filming side of the hobby. I still use the Hubsan as a scout when I'm in the woods filming. Not a bad little bird and I would cry less if I plowed it into a pine tree vs my P3s.
Cheers,
Shawn

Was it your first quad? It seems that everyone is reluctant to really spend a lot of money on the first bigger machine. I was the same way, bought a P2, no gimbal or anything, then slowly added on the H3-3D, iOSD, video transmitter etc. It all added up in the end, so when I wanted to trade up, I wanted to make sure I didn't have flying envy. Ended up with the P3A and don't regret it, super impressed with the lightbridge.
I've had loads of smaller ones like many have but yeah it is my first professional heavier duty quad, so amazed by it all but I've envied those who do have light bridge and the other extras, I just can't wait to upgrade now!

I just purchased a P3P from this forum after owning my S for about 2 months. I love the S, but I now want the options that the P has to offer, the radio is better and I will utilize the 4k video.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Yes. Great when it's working, but the update procedure is a nightmare. Should have got the advance for the lightbridge ( don't need the pro's 4k ).

Just wondering of all you guys out there flying the P3S, if there is any regret not spending more money to get the Advanced or Pro with Lightbridge, optical stabilization and Glonass. Right now the the Standard is such a good price, nothing can match it and with the features it is way better then my old p2+H3-3d and Immersion. Can't really beat that price however the only feature I really wished it had was the GLONASS as well. It would be similar to fly as the P2 but a newer model and and would have the extra features.

I know with the p2 I had flying envy when I saw people with the P3 when it came out. Just using your phone is super nice along with the app.

The P3S pricing is so attractive it's hard not to hit that buy button.
Just wondering of all you guys out there flying the P3S, if there is any regret not spending more money to get the Advanced or Pro with Lightbridge, optical stabilization and Glonass. Right now the the Standard is such a good price, nothing can match it and with the features it is way better then my old p2+H3-3d and Immersion. Can't really beat that price however the only feature I really wished it had was the GLONASS as well. It would be similar to fly as the P2 but a newer model and and would have the extra features.

I know with the p2 I had flying envy when I saw people with the P3 when it came out. Just using your phone is super nice along with the app.

The P3S pricing is so attractive it's hard not to hit that buy button.

Not at this point. I'm actually quite happy with the P3S. I tend to use it primarly for shooting video and I typically do close by shoots. In open field I get up to 1500ft range, which is more than enough for a site shoot. Also at that distance the phantom is really hard to see, so you have to be careful not to loose sight of it, or even flying past line of sight (in some countries it is illegal).

I purchased the standard on Amazon for 480. Do I regret it, yes and no.

Why do I regret it? Because a few days after I received it, I could've used my best buy card and financed an advanced phantom 3 and just pay it off each month for less than a year. Money is tight and I could only afford the standard. I do kick myself in the butt for not just going to best buy and financing it. It would've only cost me around 60 to 70 dollars a month if I remember correctly.

That's the only regret I have with it. Other than that the standard is amazing and I love it!!

No regrets...

No regrets here either... I love my Standard...flys great, easy to mod, it's light, longer flight time

My standard takes great photos and video

No regrets

However micro centre have the 3P for 699 +tax

I gave in

Which means someone will get a P3S low hrs for a bargain price !

Win win

My standard takes great photos and video

No regrets

However micro centre have the 3P for 699 +tax

I gave in

Which means someone will get a P3S low hrs for a bargain price !

Win win
I like bargains! especially P3S bargains.

Reactions: thousandyard
Mine was free since my adult daughter bought it for me last Christmas. I added a case, extra battery, carbon fiber props and a insignia 7.85 android, and love what it does. I'm on a fairly congested area so longer than 2000 feet is kind of risky plus I agree at that distance I barely can see it. The firmware updates have been a pain (too many) but I cannot really see why I'd want a profession or advanced.

Received my P3S as a Father's Day gift (I purchased a week before was not allowed to touch until Father's Day). To pass the time I became an Amazon junky. Case, (2)batteries, inspire device holder, composite props, 100w charger, charger strip, harness., (2) 64 gig micro sd's.

Bird at B.J.'s warehouse $450.00
Above mentioned add ons. $300.00
Also got a LG G Pad F 8.0 $50.00
Very happy. Complete package. $800.00
Oh forgot. $5.00 FAA registration.
No regrets. No envy of other phantoms.
After I become more proficient with my new hobby I may go bigger better. I.e. Inspire 1.
I believe this is a great introduction for those like me who want the best bang for their buck.
Taking it with me on our 25th anniversary vacation.
Enjoy your Phantoms. Which ever you have. Just be safe.

If the range is greater through trees and other obstacles on the advanced and professional, then I am jealous. If the range is greater only in open fields, then I'm not jealous. Any help out there?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20