P3S flyers, any regret not getting the P3A or P3P?

Put mine on FB and a friend bought it next day because he saw my pics and videos that I had been posting.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I got lucky cuz my friend was looking for one. But I would've put it on ebay for sure.
Check this forum for a for sale section

Don't buy any of them...stay away from Dji all together...

With all due respect why aren't trying to fix your drone instead of bashing DJI!!! I've used DJI equipment for over a year or so and had half a dozen phantoms ,couple of there frame wheels, and honestly I couldn't be happier!!! Everyone on this forum works together or gets info to fix there problems, including myself... I've had some issues that pissed me off but I figured it out or found something here.. You should put the phantom aside for a couple of days and then go back to it.. Bitching about Dji or drones in general will solve nothing and if you really are done with your phantom I'll buy it off you and fix it!! Ohh and btw most of my phantoms I bought were used with something wrong with them I only own 1 that I purchased brand new that just got the firmware Friday and did a 3mile run with it TODAY.. No issues!!![emoji869]

I have been reading the posts about the advantages of the P3A/P over the P3S and I am conflicted: I now have the P3S with argtek antenna. Just got back from a large park (next to a large hospital), and I was only able to get about 200 meters distance before the bird heaved up and I got the "end of range" warning. I am ready to sell my P3S and jump up to P3P. How do you guys sell the phantom? EBay. (I looked for "classifieds" here on forum.)

I love my P3P. I got it for $699 when Microcenter had them on sale. I fly basically in the woods with thick 30' plus trees. The max range I got on stock antennas was 8/10 mile. I put a DPS range extender antenna on for $116 and got 1.32 miles the other day. That is almost twice the distance. I would like to see how far it goes in the open but there aren't too many areas like that where I live. I have a friend with the P3S and he can't get anywhere near the range that I get. They are light years different. I lost signal once and figured out that if I turn the bird 180 degrees and fly backwards I actually get a lot better signal for some reason. Must be the exposure of the antennas on the legs.

I am in the market and trying to decide which to buy. I can get great deals on 3 DJI and don't want to break the bank but also want something that is fun to play with good pictures and videos.

P3S $349
P3P $699
P4 $979

Is the pro worth double more? Or the 4 worth $630 more. This would be my first drone and crashing a $1000 drone would not be good.

Thoughts?

Reactions: jeganx
I am in the market and trying to decide which to buy. I can get great deals on 3 DJI and don't want to break the bank but also want something that is fun to play with good pictures and videos.

P3S $349
P3P $699
P4 $979

Is the pro worth double more? Or the 4 worth $630 more. This would be my first drone and crashing a $1000 drone would not be good.

Thoughts?
I have a P3P and had a P3S before. I would recommend P3S. For regular aerial video/photography, it is the same as P3P. P3P might give me extra distance but I rarely take photo and video miles away. And 4K video is not for everyone.

BTW, with P3S, you can charge your phone with an USB backup battery if the phone battery is running low. P3P/P4 are using the lightning/micro USB port for data communication.

Can you tell a big difference between 2.7k video vs 4k?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Can you tell a big difference between 2.7k video vs 4k?

Maybe not at first glance, but obviously the resolution is different. But even if you only edit in HD, the higher the source's resolution the more you can zoom or crop the footage.
Just beware that 4K might stutter on the computer if it's under specked. Maybe even 2,7k might stutter.

I always shoot as high as my camera allows and then transcode (and downscale) the media to my target format. Archiving the high res footage for future use.

People who thought HD (or even 16:9) was not for them and continued filming with their 4:3 standard def cameras might regret today when watching recordings from their beautiful trip to Hawaii or wherever. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji2]

Well I opted to go 4K

Any regrets you ask? Not now. Just ordered the p3p to go with the p3s and p3a. Only regret not having the patience to wait for black friday.

P3S $349
P3P $699
P4 $979

Thoughts?
My apologies for coming in late here.

Where did you see a P4 for $979? Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31