P3S flyers, any regret not getting the P3A or P3P?

Reaction score
Just wondering of all you guys out there flying the P3S, if there is any regret not spending more money to get the Advanced or Pro with Lightbridge, optical stabilization and Glonass. Right now the the Standard is such a good price, nothing can match it and with the features it is way better then my old p2+H3-3d and Immersion. Can't really beat that price however the only feature I really wished it had was the GLONASS as well. It would be similar to fly as the P2 but a newer model and and would have the extra features.

I know with the p2 I had flying envy when I saw people with the P3 when it came out. Just using your phone is super nice along with the app.

The P3S pricing is so attractive it's hard not to hit that buy button.

got the p3s for $500 at best buy, kinda wish i would have spent the extra loot and got the advanced, the RC range really blows on the p3s, at least it does on mine. : (

Happy with the P3S for $500 when I got it. It take fine video and pictures. If you're always going to lust for features on the A or P it may be worth saving extra. I've been out > 6000' with a homemade windsurfer. No regrets for my first real "drone" and its performance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

got the p3s for $500 at best buy, kinda wish i would have spent the extra loot and got the advanced, the RC range really blows on the p3s, at least it does on mine. : (
What range are you running? Is that your first Quad or were you flying something else before the Phantom?

Well I was 1 inch off buying the standard, it's still great, but have ordered an advanced, because as further research went along, the glonass advantage might save the bird, extra range more buttons and better iPad holder, made me step up Yeh it's a bit more but I knew I'd want all this stuff in a few months,

I am very happy with the Standard. I dont know what you mean by the Standard not having Optical Stabilizer. I think the Gimbal on all P3s are the same.(?)
I use the drone as a flying camera to film nearby stuff from the air so "super range" is not an issue for me. But I see many people on the Standard forums working with Mods to increase their range. I wonder why those guys have not saved a little more for the Advanced or Pro. On the Adv/Pro forums hardly anyone is working/talking about range or mods, but I guess that is because they have lots of it! :)
Anyhow, I have flown the P3P and must say the Standard is no disappointment to me.

I am very happy with the Standard. I dont know what you mean by the Standard not having Optical Stabilizer. I think the Gimbal on all P3s are the same.(?)
I use the drone as a flying camera to film nearby stuff from the air so "super range" is not an issue for me. But I see many people on the Standard forums working with Mods to increase their range. I wonder why those guys have not saved a little more for the Advanced or Pro. On the Adv/Pro forums hardly anyone is working/talking about range or mods, but I guess that is because they have lots of it! :)
Anyhow, I have flown the P3P and must say the Standard is no disappointment to me.
I mean vision positioning when I wrong Optical stabilizer, I was thinking more of the aircraft then the camera. I doubt I would fly it indoors and that does eat a bit of battery but it could be a cool feature to have. I am use to not having that sort of thing and would often fly the P2 in ATTI mode as well as having it set for IOC.

Thanks for the advice.

I purchased the FC40 August 2014 for $500. Then added a few hundred for extras, like batteries, chargers, gimble, yada yada.
February 2016 I purchased the P3S. Then added a few hundred for extras, like batteries, chargers, skin, case, yada yada.

This upgrade was well worth it to me.

In the next year or two I may be able to pick up the Advanced or Pro for $500. One never knows...

Happy with P3S, the P3A was not worth the extra $500+

Only thing I not happy about is the range in Australia is only half the range in the US as we don't get the FCC mode. We have put up with the crap CE mode. This is the European standards.

Reactions: dirkclod
I purchased the FC40 August 2014 for $500. Then added a few hundred for extras, like batteries, chargers, gimble, yada yada.
February 2016 I purchased the P3S. Then added a few hundred for extras, like batteries, chargers, skin, case, yada yada.

This upgrade was well worth it to me.

In the next year or two I may be able to pick up the Advanced or Pro for $500. One never knows...
The advanced is $300 more in the USA . Wish I had done it.

I would have liked one of the others but... having said that.... for my use and what I want to do with it, the Std. serves my purpose and budget.

Pat in GA

Reactions: gvsukids
Love the P3S, can't fault it, fly's really well.l, but wished I'd gone for the P3A.... For the extra distance and HD video stream while out and about. Will be doing a covert upgrade, so the missus doesn't know :) Lol.

happy with my standard
2016-03-25 16.52.31.jpg

I absolutely love my P3S. I only got it two weeks ago and have yet to take it somewhere fun other than a park. I've grown up and have taken it up high and long distances residential. Now I kind of wish I had the three mile range.

That being said. I still love my P3S and am VERY impressed by it.

Got my Standard for less than $200 and no regret. And I got good range on this one(12000ft) so I have no complaint. I don't need features from advanced/professional.

I had a pro for 6 months before I got the standard. The pro works fine in and around my home but the standard has a lot of interference. I loose connection and video with the standard in line of site areas where the pro has no issues even away from interference. Unless your going to fly indoors you won't miss the vision positioning, I'm think about turning it off on the pro it's more erratic close to the ground. It's been much easier updating the firmware on the pro vs standard. The controller is much better with the pro, holder, buttons, overall feel, and no throttle lock. If money is not an issue go with the advanced or pro. Otherwise the standard flys the same just not as far and interference issues. If you plan to mod for range and add a tablet holder just pay for the advanced and be done with it. I wish I did.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No regrets. I would hardly fly my bird out of sight and most long flights I do are done as Litchi missions. Smooth and somewhat safe: I follow the bird with my car and can get full control just flipping the switch to Pmode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20