What is the real range of P3s in Europe /Poland?

And that's the question is it really so different? Is that give me more stabile view on my Phone or tablet?? Or that works not so good and not worth more cash.

4K is not what I need
Higher bitrate will only make a difference if you plan to use HDMI output with fpv glasses. On phone or tablet you will not notice any visible difference.

Higher bitrate will only make a difference if you plan to use HDMI output with fpv glasses. On phone or tablet you will not notice any visible difference.
Ok. Thx. That give me calm... Becouse I want to buy Advanced, and than I got another Idea why not to buy pro version... But ok I think I stay with advanced and maby buy one battery more or a new tablet for it - that will be better than buy only pro version without nothing more...

Thx for You all for advice :). I Just get my new Phantom 3 professional with hardshell :)! I thing I will test it tommorow :)

Just get the adv, trust me. I regret not buying the adv too. The range and general feeling of the controller really worths the extra cost.:)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
What kind of range do you get with Advanced? Did you ever fly a Standard? If so,can u compare them,whats the difference?

What kind of range do you get with Advanced? Did you ever fly a Standard? If so,can u compare them,whats the difference?
The Standard uses wifi and has a fairly low range ~500 metres
The Pro and Advanced use Lightbridge and can easily go 3-4 kilometres or more in low interference environments.

I have both. This is what I achieved.

Non modified out of box :

P3S
Urban / Residential areas about 200m to about max 600m if not too much WiFi traffic. At times it can drop to less 100m.
Rural / open field areas about 600m out to about 1200m as long as antenna 'line of sight' is good and orientated.

Modified - I obtained 5000m but I do not recc'd.

P3A / P3P
Urban / Residential areas about 800m to about max 1500m.
Rural / open field areas about 2000m out to about 2500m+ as long as antenna 'line of sight' is good and orientated.

With parabolic reflectors - you can easily get urban 1500m + and rural 3000m+ or more on a good day !

The Standard uses wifi and has a fairly low range ~500 metres
The Pro and Advanced use Lightbridge and can easily go 3-4 kilometres or more in low interference environments.
I see,I guess the info you just posted is from the specs? I just wanted to hear his personal experience,since there is a lot of varieties. Thanks again,and thanks for the patience

I have both. This is what I achieved.

Non modified out of box :

P3S
Urban / Residential areas about 200m to about max 600m if not too much WiFi traffic. At times it can drop to less 100m.
Rural / open field areas about 600m out to about 1200m as long as antenna 'line of sight' is good and orientated.

Modified - I obtained 5000m but I do not recc'd.

P3A / P3P
Urban / Residential areas about 800m to about max 1500m.
Rural / open field areas about 2000m out to about 2500m+ as long as antenna 'line of sight' is good and orientated.

With parabolic reflectors - you can easily get urban 1500m + and rural 3000m+ or more on a good day !
Thank you for clarifying and comparing the drones,really helps a lot. If you could just answer one more question,what kind of mods did you do on your P3S?

My goal is not to reach 5000m,I dont need that kind of range.
I want to atleast double my range since I can currently reach around 350m without any mods,and I will test a Litchi app soon. Something around a 1.5km would be ideal,but not a must.

You can change the Antenna to Argtek or Itelite ... they will give you over 1km in good conditions but they are still reliant on clean WiFi.
I used Argtek and was hitting 1.5km on a good day ... then I combined Parabolic reflectors and got well over 3kms.
I then went all out with 2W boosters on both 2.4 and 5.8ghz ... needs separate power to the boosters.

In fact I boosted so much that I exceeded the battery capability and she went down in the river ... I rescued it but it was already kaput.

My honest advice to anyone considering this : forget it. The P3S as a close in machine is excellent and wqith parabolic reflectors or Argtek or Itelite gives moderate range.
But if you want reliable 1km or more - then move on to advanced or pro versions. No need to flaff about with antennas or anything. Charge up .. switch on and go. You get better video feedback .. better range .. all in all a better package.

I see,I guess the info you just posted is from the specs? I just wanted to hear his personal experience,since there is a lot of varieties. Thanks again,and thanks for the patience
The distances quoted in DJI specs are realistic.
If you want 1.5 km, you are better to get a Lightbridge or a newer Occusynch drone which will easily go further without the picture breaking up.
The Standard is a very low spec machine and just not in the race.

The distances quoted in DJI specs are realistic.
If you want 1.5 km, you are better to get a Lightbridge or a newer Occusynch drone which will easily go further without the picture breaking up.
The Standard is a very low spec machine and just not in the race.
I understand what you are saying,completely. And I will upgrade to a better drone in approx 8,9 months. But for now I just wanna use the Standard,since I just got it,boost it to atleast 700,800m of range and enjoy it. Thanks a lot again,appreciate it.

You can change the Antenna to Argtek or Itelite ... they will give you over 1km in good conditions but they are still reliant on clean WiFi.
I used Argtek and was hitting 1.5km on a good day ... then I combined Parabolic reflectors and got well over 3kms.
I then went all out with 2W boosters on both 2.4 and 5.8ghz ... needs separate power to the boosters.

In fact I boosted so much that I exceeded the battery capability and she went down in the river ... I rescued it but it was already kaput.

My honest advice to anyone considering this : forget it. The P3S as a close in machine is excellent and wqith parabolic reflectors or Argtek or Itelite gives moderate range.
But if you want reliable 1km or more - then move on to advanced or pro versions. No need to flaff about with antennas or anything. Charge up .. switch on and go. You get better video feedback .. better range .. all in all a better package.
I understand,if a person wants to have a mile of range,just get a better drone. The Standard is very good but its not meant to go miles away. Thanks a lot for the thorough answer.

I understand,if a person wants to have a mile of range,just get a better drone. The Standard is very good but its not meant to go miles away. Thanks a lot for the thorough answer.
Exactly.

Fitting Argtek or Itelite in my opinion is to make signal better over standard range ... make it more reliable. Trouble is being human - we see better signal strength and we fly further !!

There is one mod that you can do to improve signal :

Icarus
or
Magic Power

This changes it from CE to FCC signal strength but only on 2.4.

I prefer Icarus because the app is on the tablet / phone for use anytime ...

Magic Power needs PC connected.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1