Ways to Market your drone business and make income?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this statement:
"As long as I'm not charging money, I can do anything i want with my drone...",
the rest of your argument falls away cause it's not true.

The FAA Guidelines stipulate the extent of 'anything' a hobbyist can do in the context of your statement.

But hey, no one here is going to change your mind. That's not why you're here. Your here to 'stir the pot' and will likely move on to some other activity in the future.

Just like I will 'move on' in response to your future posts.

Reactions: Myetkt
Yeah but how stupid is that? As long as I'm not charging money, I can do anything i want with my drone - buzz buildings and drop stuff from my drone and fly it as hard and fast as I can to see if I can crash it and all that is perfectly legal, but as soon as I want to do something responsible and boring with no risk like film someone's property for a few bucks, all the sudden THEN I have to be qualified and pass tests and pay out money. haha dumb

The ONLY reason you can "do anything you want" is because Congress mandated in 2012 that "Hobby/Recreational" flights are not able to be controlled by the FAA. This was HUGE mistake because they had no idea how big and easy to fly UAS were going to become in just a matter of months. The time that Congress made this mandate 99% of all UAS flights were still at a "flying field" under "Community Based Safety Guidelines". Basically Congress shot the FAA in the foot by mistake. You can bet your bottom $$ that this will be rectified at some point in the not too distant future. At some point I suspect you'll see some changes in the wording and ALL of us flying UAS will require some form of testing and certification. The sooner the better IMHO.

Once you venture outside of the safety net of "Hobby/Recreational" flight the FAA has full authority/control to do whatever they deem needed to ensure public safety.

Reactions: Roverggm
Your here to 'stir the pot' and will likely move on to some other activity in the future.
oh really? i thought i had a pretty good point. i guess in your book, thinking logically means stirring the pot if i'm questioning why certain rules are in place for no apparent reason. i guess i should act more like a mindless drone (haha) and not question authority ever. all laws and rules make sense and should never be questioned. got it.

Reactions: tberton
Let this get back on Theo's question and stop with this Corey .
We are not going to go through this again .
Back to the OP's question now please .

Corey..... It's the law. If you're going to operate commercially, where “commercial” describes any kind of flight operation that can be tied to economic benefit, the FAA requires you to get certified. That's it; no ifs or buts or maybes. It's the law.....

I'm not justifying skipping getting a 333 or 107 but just saying "its the law" isn't a good enough reason to justify why something must be done. FAA regulations also say you can't fly above 400 feet or out of your line of sight and I'm sure everyone on this forum has done one or both of those things multiple times.

Yeah but how stupid is that? As long as I'm not charging money, I can do anything i want with my drone - buzz buildings and drop stuff from my drone and fly it as hard and fast as I can to see if I can crash it and all that is perfectly legal, but as soon as I want to do something responsible and boring with no risk like film someone's property for a few bucks, all the sudden THEN I have to be qualified and pass tests and pay out money. haha dumb

I agree with you in this sense. Honestly it is stupid and my personal opinion is its just the government trying to get more money out of us

Reactions: Kevin McGill
OK. I asked and see it's went as far as it's going to go .
closed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl