Ways to Market your drone business and make income?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hows everyone doing I'm wondering if anyone can share some tips on bringing income and marketing your drone.

Be sure you are set up to fly commercially with a 333 or 107 and the proper insurance. Then go out with samples to prospective clients and professionally sell yourself. Examples of common uses are car dealers, real estate offices, etc.

Good luck!

Reactions: AeroVisionz
NO, that is not good enough. That is for hobby/recreational flying ONLY.

You need a commercial endorsement as LuvMyTJ said. You are going to need to do more research.

provide a service people are willing to pay for that they cannot or do not want to do themselves and then let them know about it!

I know nobody on this site ever breaks any rules, but is that 333 exemption thing REALLY needed?? i mean who is really gonna find out if you offer to fly your drone for someone for money? i mean, i understand if you get into the business big time, but if you just post some ads on craigslist or something, is anybody really gonna come chase you down to find out if you're registered?

Reactions: Theo Henry
I know nobody on this site ever breaks any rules, but is that 333 exemption thing REALLY needed?? i mean who is really gonna find out if you offer to fly your drone for someone for money? i mean, i understand if you get into the business big time, but if you just post some ads on craigslist or something, is anybody really gonna come chase you down to find out if you're registered?
You just love walking into the flames, don't you Corey? See, when you grow up you'll understand there is a right way to do things and a wrong way. Generally, going down the right way is more difficult to achieve. I mean, is getting that driving licence REALLY needed? Naaaaah....
You'll only find you needed to when you run over the child on their scooter when you reversed out of your drive, or crashed your drone onto the head of the daughter of the guy who hired you from you Craig's list ad to shoot video of their house they're selling.....

You just love walking into the flames, don't you Corey? See, when you grow up you'll understand there is a right way to do things and a wrong way. Generally, going down the right way is more difficult to achieve. I mean, is getting that driving licence REALLY needed? Naaaaah....
You'll only find you needed to when you run over the child on their scooter when you reversed out of your drive, or crashed your drone onto the head of the daughter of the guy who hired you from you Craig's list ad to shoot video of their house they're selling.....
hey i wasn't trying to get you all wound up. he just seemed like a new flyer so it seems like major overkill when everyone immediately says go off and pay for that certification thing when you don't even know how much you're gonna do it yet.

I would say start doing it and see if it's gonna take off, then get certified if it is. Don't waste your time/money if you might change your mind later.

hey i wasn't trying to get you all wound up. he just seemed like a new flyer so it seems like major overkill when everyone immediately says go off and pay for that certification thing when you don't even know how much you're gonna do it yet.

I would say start doing it and see if it's gonna take off, then get certified if it is. Don't waste your time/money if you might change your mind later.
Corey..... It's the law. If you're going to operate commercially, where “commercial” describes any kind of flight operation that can be tied to economic benefit, the FAA requires you to get certified. That's it; no ifs or buts or maybes. It's the law.....

If you're going to be in business you need to do it right from the start. What kind of business "skirts the law" in the first place?

If you really want to build a solid business foundation spend your time right now learning to fly safely, legally and smoothly. Also you'll want to develop strong photography skills because the drone is only a tool that a photographer uses... one of many. Don't try to build a business with minimal or lack luster photography skills or you'll be left in the dust in a hurry.

When you do decide to create a business do it legally and you'll not regret it. This could be the foundation of a great business but keep in mind your competition could be very strong so do your market research and by all means write a solid business plan from the get-go. You'd be amazed how much you learn about your business, the industry, and your competition while making the business plan.

Reactions: Numone
If you're going to be in business you need to do it right from the start. What kind of business "skirts the law" in the first place?
yeah but why do they make it so hard to get licensed? If it were easy and cheap, sure. But its not. And I'm not saying don't get the certification. it just makes sense to try it out and make sure it's gonna work before you waste all that time. Plenty of people drive around without insurance.

[
yeah but why do they make it so hard to get licensed? If it were easy and cheap, sure. But its not. And I'm not saying don't get the certification. it just makes sense to try it out and make sure it's gonna work before you waste all that time. Plenty of people drive around without insurance.

watching you.gif

Because you're potentially operating in National Airspace where lives and safety are at hand. If you want to play in the big boy sand box you've got to put on your big boy pants and play by the rules.. ALL of the rules. Keep in mind that if you find yourself on the receiving end of an FAA infraction early on your odds of getting granted any future license or certifications are slim to none. All it will take is for someone who is in competition with you to make a phone call, email, office visit and the FAA office will have no choice to but come and do an investigation.

They are making it a LOT easier if you can just wait a few more weeks and spend the $150 for testing. If that's too much you may need to get a job and come back to try this again later.

As I said, going down the right way is generally more difficult to achieve and no, just like your comment about insurance, it makes no sense; because people DO something illegal, doesn't make it OK to do it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Corey,

They don't want anyone up there doing these things. Only the qualified and for good reason.

Maybe you don't care about that, so consider this: if you screw up (damage something, hurt a person, total your craft, cause a city wide power outage) and are unqualified, you could be looking at least at some out of pocket expenses, or some hefty fines and citations, at worst be looking and lawsuits that will quickly bankrupt your business. A pro is not only certified, but also insured for these potential problems.

If you put someone in the hospital, it would totally ruin your day.

Chris

Reactions: Numone
@Theo Henry You getting all this :)
Corey seems to bring out the wild side of lots so just overlook a lot of this .
Post 7 and what a lot in here said should give you the info you need .
I hope :)

They don't want anyone up there doing these things. Only the qualified and for good reason.
Yeah but how stupid is that? As long as I'm not charging money, I can do anything i want with my drone - buzz buildings and drop stuff from my drone and fly it as hard and fast as I can to see if I can crash it and all that is perfectly legal, but as soon as I want to do something responsible and boring with no risk like film someone's property for a few bucks, all the sudden THEN I have to be qualified and pass tests and pay out money. haha dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl