Watch a friendly piece of advice chase off a new member

Status
Not open for further replies.
and_image_1325477387.jpg

I invite the OP to join the InspirePilots.com forum with all his professional knowledge, and keep his promise to not post with us lowly Phantom pilots, assuming he has an Inspire as stated. Or did they already "offend" him there, so he came to this forum to "teach us about SDs"? The pompous arrogant attitude of the OP, chocked full of emotion and foul language is unproductive, and unprofessional. The rambling on about non relevant experiences with his car stereo sounds like a woman, volunteering every last little detail that don't matter to make the point, taking off on tangents that make a trip to nowhere. Why would I care about how he broke his SD card? The OP is definitely a professional......... at wasting our time. 124 comments of non-productive text IMHO, an EPIC trip to nowhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: AL T and ELHEAPO
I think that even at it's worst moment, this site is actually quite tranquil compared to many other forums I've frequented. People with a thin skin would be better off just staying away from the interweb and out of the sun ;)

For pure entertainment value, this is one of my favorites threads of all time, hands down. "Epic" just barely does it justice! LOL
I agree, you could read a good book, watch a good movie or read this thread. All are entertaining and take about the same amount of time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ELHEAPO
Wow! I read all the 7 pages...
Forgive the off topic (that is on topic actually...)
I'm interesting to achieve the maximum speed between photos (for panoramas, hdr, etc).
What class is the best for this task? Class UHS-I 3?
(don't start a war, please! :) )

OK. That's more than enough from the peanut gallery. Some of you need to re-read the community guidelines about basic manners. Repeat offenders will be given awards -- the kind that prevent you from posting. Let this be your advance warning.

OP: If your media matters, use SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS3 64Gb. And just some friendly advice, you may want to cut to the chase on your future posts. Many in here have the attention span of a gnat.

Well hello UAV flying enthusiast. Thanks for reading this far.

I was at FRY's which is a FANTASTIC electronics store here in Burbank yesterday, or the day before with my little daughter.

I was there because I accidentally broke my 16 or 32gb Lexar 633 that they sent with it. First off, I didn't know **** about microusb card but THEY (DJI) have gone through lots of changes and we have the best of the best. The Lexar 633 reads and writes at very fast speeds. I couldn't even get an exact 633 match at Fry's and they are HUGE, especially in the component department.

Here is what I did. I have a car stereo that has a very expensive after market double din dash stereo from when I was a younger guy. When I changed out the car battery, the NAV/Dash asked me for a password that I didn't know, I've never had or ever set and when I called Pioneer to find out what to do of course it was to send it in to them and pay $80 minimum (depending). He actually told me "depending" like he could find a more difficult way of resetting my password. So we are done with Pioneer.

So I decided to try and take care of it myself. I went online and sure enough there is a way to hack it so you can add new maps, add new voices, pictures of your kid at the intro, etc. All I wanted was my PW. I don't condone stealing. If you stole my stereo and were doing this than EFF YOU, but I payed plenty for it. So I was using my Lexar 16 or 32 that they sent me because I needed to use that Pioneer firmware and I'm not exactly swimming in microUSBs so I used the one from my Phantom. I have to use a Leatherman set of pliers to get the card in and out of my dash because of how its sitting and one time I just snapped it in half like it was a piece of paper.

So that is the very long winded version of what I did with my brand new Phantom's brand new microUSB card. Also, just for the record, I had up until this point been using the cheap orange card reader (if you used Syma products before you know what I'm talking about) to use my microUSB stuff from both Syma and DJI and would insert it through my keyboard.

So I went to Fry's and I saw this but when I went to Amazon I could not believe how cheap, in particular the 32gb version is, especially at the speeds it reads at. EDIT: Don't get the 64gb version of this one because it is UHS-1, not UHS-3 which is much faster. Also, it's not as good a deal. I still don't know what the difference is exactly between the 1 and the 3 but the 3 is definitely rated higher and faster but for some ODD reason, is usually cheaper. Difference between Speed Class, UHS Speed Class, and Speed Ratings (performance) for SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (This one I am offering up actually says 'good for drones' on its little list of things its good for including 'action cameras' so I would think definitely UHS-3. I believe it has to do with how things move within the essentially little SSD drives. There is three speeds variances happening while we record and then view. Read/Write and then whatever movement happens within a card. The reason there is a such a large space of can't use space in a microusb in a camera or a drone is because SSD drives write over space by first removing the space in front of it so writing over things is not even a possibility while using your Phantom and why formatting is so important.

The 32gb was $10.99 at Amazon: Amazon.com: PNY U3 High Performance 32GB High Speed MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-I, up to 60MB/sec Flash Memory Card (P-SDU32GU360G-GE): Computers & Accessories

It has a solid 4 stars but not the 4.5 or 5 that you so wish to see when buying something new from Amazon. I usually go straight to the 1 star reviews either way. If there are a lot of them (and they made up 14% of the 1* population so they were out there, there is usually a reason). It would appear there was a bad slew of 64 and 128gig cards that went bad usually within the first couple weeks or later but as a disk that personally, I usually dump straight away and never carry too long, so that didn't concern me, plus it was the 32 version, plus for $11 who cares as the most I stand to lose is a days work. I AM VERY VERY picky about the storage devices I use and redundancy vs. performance issues and usually just spend the money to have both redundancy and performance but unless you're uploading the images just minutes after you record them, the best redundancy you'll get is to dump the cards at the end of a shooting day, or on location and then offsite them to DropBox or iCloud or whatever you use as a repository, if anything. In my mind, that type of problem was welcomed as opposed to a lot of of "usually never actually reached 20x in speed". Quite the opposite, all the speed results were raging. I love speed. I am a bit of a benchmarker and will go for speed just for sport. This very computer according to a certain bench mark tool was (by its users anyways) the fastest iteration of any iMac in the entire world! HA. :) I say that jokingly and know it's really BS and luck but it's the truth and out of millions (that weren't Hackintoshes). I digress,

I Couldn't believe it. So I had Fry's match the price, got it and figured I'd just order the 64 as a Lexar 633 off of Amazon. Still havent searched but they didn't have Lexar at all at Fry's or any other x633 unit. (WHAT DOES THAT MEAN BECAUSE there is x533 and I would have to imagine that's not as fast. How many ways is there to measure the speed of something so small. I call it the anti-John-Homes problem.

So this one claims up to 90x on both read and write and I didn't believe it. Oh by the way, in order to take care of the car issue, I spent $3.99 on an 8 gig stick with a card reader which makes it a size that will fit in my SDXC or whatever is on the back of my iMac (sent right to the USB 3 bus and I'm blazing and now only bottlenecked by the speed of the card for reading to computer) and now I am FLYING when it comes to getting the vids and images off the card and I would assume I am recording as well. I will do some side by side comparisons later to see if it's recording as well.

Let's face it. The microUSB card in our Phantoms is our film. It's our tape. It's our device for capturing our creative work and if the utmost care isn't taken in getting the right one that there is no use in lighting, practicing, blocking or any of the other million things we do to get the shot right. So here is hoping that this cheap $10.99 32gig slot can get me take and take and take of awesome footage because according to the Blackmagic Disk Speed Test, IT'S FLYING.

Why am I making such a long thread about a microUSB slot and cartridge because while it might seem like second nature to YOU or even YOU, it doesn't to YOU and YOU should realize as I didn't that there are measuring forks that we videographers (man I hate that word) must never forget and one is that our medium for recording is as important as anything we do to our Phantom's to make them shoot good. Lens, practice dramatic moves, etc. I mean I never really thought about it's importance until I was buying it. I didn't read up about the LEXAR 633x 32 or whatever, yet I knew who to change out the gimbal should I need to.

WE MUST HAVE GOOD USB RECORDING and it must be a LEVEL 10, USB-3 (I believe this is true and when I say must I actually mean I am pretty sure it's the best and MAYBE the highest level and therefore use it. It's certainly possibly you could use Level 3 and UHS-1 but don't shoot for me please).

So far, testing and digging and will show results.

Please anyone that has a better option for disks, speak up.

Also batteries. I'm in the market for a triple battery purchase and charger (can somebody offer a good buy) and I'm also in the market for a backpack style case. I am thinking of the DJI hardcase unless someone has a better offer.

Thanks guys! Also, what is your favorite lens???

KEEP FLYING. KEEP FLYING SAFE. ENJOY LIFE.

~A
long post

Thanks man. What people are enjoying and laughing about is that they THINK I'm upset when in actuality much like themselves, I am actually taking enjoyment out of all their posts or I would just leave.

And I don't care if they want my info in the form of a sentence or 3 pages.

Thank you though.
I thought through the highly dramatic post title that you have been driven away for someone who has been driven away you seem to be on here a lot biting at people posts!!!

I thought through the highly dramatic post title that you have been driven away for someone who has been driven away you seem to be on here a lot biting at people posts!!!

Did I not make myself clear??? You are banned from this thread.

Just read the whole thing. I feel like I'm on Reddit. But thanks for the advice on cards, I was actually looking at a new one so any information I was able to extract from this was helpful.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

OK. That's more than enough from the peanut gallery. Some of you need to re-read the community guidelines about basic manners. Repeat offenders will be given awards -- the kind that prevent you from posting. Let this be your advance warning.

OP: If your media matters, use SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS3 64Gb. And just some friendly advice, you may want to cut to the chase on your future posts. Many in here have the attention span of a gnat.
Cheers bud.

By the way, to the person that I have no idea where it is that mentioned "he said he had all of these cameras but didn't have a card for his car password", I didn't know I was going to need to explain every single thing I said but the car can only read 16gig or less cards and since that Lexar that came with my new P3P, I had to use it. I actually had 8 gig POSs that came with my toy drones but I didn't think about it which was the point. In total local storage, including HDD, SDDs, MicroHDs and everything else I am over a petabyte (closets full) and off site nearing an exabyte so yeah, thats why. OK, some of you have been extremely nice thinking that I am all upset or something but I am not but I thank you for that.

The moderator was extremely nice and for that I say thank you. For the ones that just jabbed and left it at that, no worries at all. I'm all for a good jab. I don't care about that. For the downright nasty people, I don't wish any ill will on you but you do not do the forum justice.

I can and will choose to come back when/if I want to, to comment on this thread, another one, or not at all and if you guys want to talk about that, be my guest. It's weird but be my guest.

This is a fact though. I am not a narcissist. Well I am a little, but who isn't a little?

However, I was working on a major television show while between renders, coming over and reading some of this stuff and commenting, but the show will be seen by over 8 million people just domestically and I am a professional and would be happy to have shared any advice and GET advice in any area necessary and maybe I did use that sort of cheesy like but I was letting you know that in a very real way, you guys made a decision to keep brow beating me until I didn't care to come here anymore. I am purposefully making this long winded by the way.

When I want to make something succinct for your benefit, ill let you know, in the meantime understand I am not on this Earth to make my posts on a forum anything but what I want it to be.

Ciao mofos. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I am now afraid to post on here. At 71 I have acumulated a lot of useless knowledge. Spelling not being one of them. I am thinking I should not share. By the way,I am only half way through this post. I have enjoyed it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor