There is a new Waypoint App

Reaction score
A new Waypoint app for iOS came out today and I am eager to learn what people here think of it. I just downloaded it for 20 dollars and will give it a try tomorrow. It looks very simple and seems to have most of the must haves people are talking about.
Of interest, there are no actual waypoints. You just draw your route on your device. Of course that means you will only have beginning point and end point altitudes.
But, there are a few nice features involving camera control.
The lack of multiple waypoints may be negated by the ability to draw new routes on the fly (in the air).
Please let me know what you think. They've been in beta for awhile and just went live today.
It could be a good supplement or even alternative to the Go app. It's www.AirNest.com

Last edited:
Link?

$20 completed app's should have at least one of two things. Either it has that one cool feature that others don't have or yet copied, or it has that WoW Factor. If it doesn't fit in to either of those categories, then the price of the app should have a much lower cost.

Reactions: gfredrone
Please look again--I edited my post.

That's strange cause I still don't see anything even after refreshing the browser and leaving and returning.

Reactions: BigAl07
$20 completed app's should have at least one of two things. Either it has that one cool feature that others don't have or yet copied, or it has that WoW Factor. If it doesn't fit in to either of those categories, then the price of the app should have a much lower cost.
Well, I bit and purchased it tonight-- will post a review after giving it a whirl.

Reactions: Dounin Front
I've been flying AirNest for several weeks and it is my one Go-To app. It's not a replacement for the DJI Go app (Not yet anyway lol) but as an early app it is strong and will be even better in updates as more people use it.

Also a big plus is the developers are very active and genuinely "listen" to suggestions. Of course they can't incorporate every suggestion presented to them due to safety and other restraints but to date they have done an amazing job at least from my perspective.

That's strange cause I still don't see anything even after refreshing the browser and leaving and returning.
Same here. I'm still "Assuming" he's talking about AirNest though.

True, but you be the judge of this one. I got an Apple gift card for my birthday so I'll try anything.

Reactions: BigAl07
My finger is on the buy button, reviews I await. I'm still a noob. Practicing ATTI mostly. I own Autopilot which seems robust and advanced. Have not even tested native DJI app automation. So with all safeguards in place, preflight checklist, optimal location and conditions. Is this app easy to use. Not foolproof. Just works? I like the idea of a single automation use case app. And considering how much I've invested, plunking down $ like this for software seems appropriate.
Steve

My finger is on the buy button, reviews I await. I'm still a noob. Practicing ATTI mostly. I own Autopilot which seems robust and advanced. Have not even tested native DJI app automation. So with all safeguards in place, preflight checklist, optimal location and conditions. Is this app easy to use. Not foolproof. Just works? I like the idea of a single automation use case app. And considering how much I've invested, plunking down $ like this for software seems appropriate.
Steve
It's a solid ap but you still have to be careful and use common sense. You have to make sure the path you're "drawing" is safe at the altitude you set it at. If there is an object between points the aircraft will not know this and fly directly into the object.

It's well worth the $20 IMHO but that's just my 2 cents.

I personally think AirNest is the real deal. I've heard beta testers say they like it and now it's mentioned favorably in this thread. I read their FAQs and felt I got a pretty good understanding of it.
I downloaded it from the iTunes app store to my iPad Mini2 and simulated the preflight setup in my study, but I'm a little gun shy and didn't want to send my P3 into the air running it without checking with you seasoned flyers first.
As far as the cost goes--if it's stable and does what it says it can do and isn't full of spam, then it's worth it. After all, It's not like I bought the P3 from them and they owe me. They obviously have put a lot of work into this thing.

Steve
You're the perfect reviewer if you own a competitive ground station app. Check out their website www.airnest.com or buy it and let us know how it compares. I'll tell you this--it doesn't look unnecessarily complicated. Does it do what you want it to do?

It's such a simple APP to use. They've kept everything very simple to make it easy and quick to use.

It does exactly what I bought it to do and it does it perfectly thus far.

This App has something other apps don't.... SIMPLICITY. Easy to use yet very advance with a super nice clean interface. But for those calling it a waypoint app... Might wanna rethink that. To me Litchi still the king when it comes to waypoints... Litchi still the only app that offers true GS/Waypoints. Airnest offers something called path/point but its not the waypoints we were used to see and loved with the DJI Vision App. As for the price i think Ainest is fairly priced based on its UI along....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl