There is a new Waypoint App

The hypothetical saved route or you drew a map then manually flew to another location before starting the route?
no-- saved the route and drove to another location that was not close to the home point when the route was saved--

no-- saved the route and drove to another location that was not close to the home point when the route was saved--

No the hypothetical, hopefully soon to be less hypothetical, route will not save the first waypoint and will then add the first waypoint when loaded based on the current location of the drone. So the first WP now and in the future will be the current drones location, not the home point. Otherwise in any flight now a path drawing would fly home and then start the route, which it does not do, it starts the route from the location of the drone at the time of drawing or time of loading at the future.

Here us a hypothetical-- saved route accessed and flown from a different home location. Would that trigger a fly-away to the original launch point that the route was flown from originally.? DJI Go App saves them until you change your home point and them they are deleted.

When you recall a mission you see it on the map along with your current position. I don't think there could be any confusion - but you never know.
I wasn't aware that the Dji missions are deleted when you change locations. I'll have to try that, but if they aren't deleted, it wouldn't still say something like, "150,000 ft to WP#1?"

When you recall a mission you see it on the map along with your current position. I don't think there could be any confusion - but you never know.
I wasn't aware that the Dji missions are deleted when you change locations. I'll have to try that, but if they aren't deleted, it wouldn't still say something like, "150,000 ft to WP#1?"

Oh I thought bob was referring to Airnest. If not take everything I said and throw it out the window.

No the hypothetical, hopefully soon to be less hypothetical, route will not save the first waypoint and will then add the first waypoint when loaded based on the current location of the drone. So the first WP now and in the future will be the current drones location, not the home point. Otherwise in any flight now a path drawing would fly home and then start the route, which it does not do, it starts the route from the location of the drone at the time of drawing or time of loading at the future.
Going out tomorrow to do some flights and experimentation with the current version-- anxious to see exactly how it works and reacts. Thanks.:)

Reactions: Dounin Front
Just so you know there is no saving in the current version. We are working on it though!
thanks--

I ran thru the go app one week end and got fairly familiar with the IOC Waypoint portion-- the saved missions from first day, were gone the following day--

I am not sure whether it was the home point change -- which was a few meters away from the original or the changed date. Have to do some more experimentation with that also.

Just so you know there is no saving in the current version. We are working on it though!
Hi Justin - glad you are following us. We are trying to learn more about AirNest and make comparisons to the Dji WP and POI features.
Adding the save feature will open new possibilities for us such as making seasonal comparisons and doing 2nd takes.
One question for you: Setting an interest point (dropping a pin) on a Google map is not really the same as using the camera to find your interest point. Is there a way to adjust the focus point after the flight starts? How does it work?

Hi Justin - glad you are following us. We are trying to learn more about AirNest and make comparisons to the Dji WP and POI features.
Adding the save feature will open new possibilities for us such as making seasonal comparisons and doing 2nd takes.
One question for you: Setting an interest point (dropping a pin) on a Google map is not really the same as using the camera to find your interest point. Is there a way to adjust the focus point after the flight starts? How does it work?

The POI is currently locked in, this is due to the yaw heading being attached to the waypoint. There is currently no method in the SDK for programmatically changing the yaw in a waypoint flight. This is a request I put into the SDK team at DJI multiple times already. I really want to make motion camera control work in path. If, hopefully when, that changes I know I will rarely ever use another POI again in my flying.

The POI is currently locked in, this is due to the yaw heading being attached to the waypoint. There is currently no method in the SDK for programmatically changing the yaw in a waypoint flight. This is a request I put into the SDK team at DJI multiple times already. I really want to make motion camera control work in path. If, hopefully when, that changes I know I will rarely ever use another POI again in my flying.

Glad you are working on this and that Dji is working with 3rd party developers.
So to understand Path completely [based on the current release] there are only 2 camera position options, either pointing in the direction of aircraft travel or tilting the camera and yawing the aircraft to follow the drop pin on the map. We cannot use manual controls to pan and tilt as we fly a Path. Correct?

Glad you are working on this and that Dji is working with 3rd party developers.
So to understand Path completely [based on the current release] there are only 2 camera position options, either pointing in the direction of aircraft travel or tilting the camera and yawing the aircraft to follow the drop pin on the map. We cannot use manual controls to pan and tilt as we fly a Path. Correct?

If you choose no POI the drone will face forward but you can take yaw and camera pitch control with the RC.

If you choose no POI the drone will face forward but you can take yaw and camera pitch control with the RC.

We have P3 quads and unlike the Inspire the cameras do not pan (yaw). We must yaw the P3, not the camera. That would contradict your "Drone will face forward but you can yaw..."
Can we yaw the P3 in Path with no pin dropped?

We have P3 quads and unlike the Inspire the cameras do not pan (yaw). We must yaw the P3, not the camera. That would contradict your "Drone will face forward but you can yaw..."
Can we yaw the P3 in Path with no pin dropped?

Yes you can override the facing forward by using the RC yaw control. Here is a video from a beta tester doing just that.

Yes you can override the facing forward by using the RC yaw control. Here is a video from a beta tester doing just that.

Yes, that is good-- you cant do that in the DJI Go App with the Yaw as the P3 is flying the waypoints.

Actually you can do it in the Dji WP app. You set the camera control to "Free" in the route setup.
You are absolutely right-- forgot all about that command.. Thanks! I must have flown 15 flights in that Mode and was mumbling why that wouldn't program the app so you could yaw and change camera angle. :confused::confused::)

Is there a distance limit? I have an area that I can fly 3 miles out and back with no obstructions above 50 ft. Can I set a path to this point that is 3 miles out and have it come back?

Is there a distance limit? I have an area that I can fly 3 miles out and back with no obstructions above 50 ft. Can I set a path to this point that is 3 miles out and have it come back?

Airnest imposes no restrictions on distance and the Phantom is pre-programmed before starting so it will continue the path and then RTH at the end.

Of course I must add that we recommend you follow all local, regional and national regulations and law.

Safe flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik