Litchi Mission Rotator Error: File is too large

Reaction score
I am trying to Rotate a mission for light painting but get the error, the file is too large. The original drawn path from Google Earth Pro imports into Mission Hub and creates a 'flat' Waypoint mission fine before trying to rotate it in the Mission Rotator utility. Other missions I have created and imported into the hub have rotated fine. I am thinking that there are too many waypoints in the mission in question as it is a more complex drawing than the others that were imported. I did choose the option to skip close together waypoints but still got the error. Is there a way to reduce the number of waypoints or to reduce the points in the path in Google Earth Pro?

Here's the link to the mission I am trying to rotate on my Google Drive.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

I am trying to Rotate a mission for light painting but get the error, the file is too large. The original drawn path from Google Earth Pro imports into Mission Hub and creates a 'flat' Waypoint mission fine before trying to rotate it in the Mission Rotator utility. Other missions I have created and imported into the hub have rotated fine. I am thinking that there are too many waypoints in the mission in question as it is a more complex drawing than the others that were imported. I did choose the option to skip close together waypoints but still got the error. Is there a way to reduce the number of waypoints or to reduce the points in the path in Google Earth Pro?

Here's the link to the mission I am trying to rotate on my Google Drive.

Thanks for any help.

Chris
Your input file, while very detailed, is quite large. It has over 1000 waypoints and is 160 KB. Litchi's minimum distance between waypoints is 0.6 meters or 2 feet. Most of the points in your data are closer to their neighbors than Litchi's minimum.

I have increased the maximum file size to allow you to rotate this mission. However, my suggestion is to re-work your original path so that the points are not less than Litchi's minimum distance apart.

Your input file, while very detailed, is quite large. It has over 1000 waypoints and is 160 KB. Litchi's minimum distance between waypoints is 0.6 meters or 2 feet. Most of the points in your data are closer to their neighbors than Litchi's minimum.

I have increased the maximum file size to allow you to rotate this mission. However, my suggestion is to re-work your original path so that the points are not less than Litchi's minimum distance apart.
Thanks for your reply. I created the path by tracing over a line drawing in Google Earth Pro and it created the path points. Not sure how I would be able to reduce those points in Google Earth. Still playing around with it.

Here’s a couple of missions done with your great utilities. Have to work on smoothing out the path.

Chris

TH9JR6m-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

QLWScKr-1%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

Not sure how I would be able to reduce those points in Google Earth.
What I do is to manually place points to create a path instead of clicking and dragging. When you drag, way too many points are created.

Here’s a couple of missions done with your great utilities. Have to work on smoothing out the path.
Those are fantastic. I'm assuming that you set up a camera on a tripod and are taking something like a several-minute exposure?

What I do is to manually place points to create a path instead of clicking and dragging. When you drag, way too many points are created.

Those are fantastic. I'm assuming that you set up a camera on a tripod and are taking something like a several-minute exposure?
Thanks. I’ll have to try the manual placement.

Yes, DSLR on tripod set to manual exposure, remote trigger to keep shutter open for duration of mission.

You have a great set of utilities and your tutorials and mission rotator have re-kindled my interest in light painting and opened up a whole new world.

Chris

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl