Importing the GPS coordinates from a picture as a waypoint on Google Earth

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm working with a P3P, usinng the DJI GO app, currently doing reconaissance work on wildfires. I've been able to import the flight records onto a computer, convert the files to KML, and view them in Google Earth and can clearly see the drone paths, but I'm unable to pin-point where the pictures I took are located on the map. I can tell where I took each picture from the DJI Go flight logs, and viewing them, but when they're transferred to the KML format, I lose on the pictures' locations and only get the flight track.

I have the GPS coordinates visible when I check the properties of each individual picture, but I'm looking for a method to not have to enter each point on Google Earth manually as each picture's location.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Reactions: RodPad and BillyN
You can get the coordinates from the image details. In Windows Explorer, right-click on the image you want and select properties, then details. Scroll down until you see the longitude and latitude in the location settings.
1696090309422.png

Reactions: RodPad
Hey y'all, I'm working with a P3P, usinng the DJI GO app, currently doing reconaissance work on wildfires. I've been able to import the flight records onto a computer, convert the files to KML, and view them in Google Earth and can clearly see the drone paths, but I'm unable to pin-point where the pictures I took are located on the map. I can tell where I took each picture from the DJI Go flight logs, and viewing them, but when they're transferred to the KML format, I lose on the pictures' locations and only get the flight track.

I have the GPS coordinates visible when I check the properties of each individual picture, but I'm looking for a method to not have to enter each point on Google Earth manually as each picture's location.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Hi, I too conducted drone fire detection but with the M300 and H20T. I was the thermal guy, not the map guy and I was sent because they required a certified thermal operator, but I did not get to see the whole workflow. It was a test for accuracy where forestry personnel laid out several propane heat modules and recorded their GPS position, then we had to locate them and do the same on a map. We were graded on accuracy, whoever got the best accuracy gets called out for work. I would love to chat about your process, specifically how to obtain accurate GPS locations from 400' or above, from the centre of the photo, like per pixel if that is possible.

Reactions: RodPad and BillyN
Welcome to the Forum!

Kinda of an old thread.

But @BillyN is still watching it also. 👍

Rod ..

Reactions: BillyN

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members