There is a new Waypoint App

Thanks..... Also can you only add one poi along the path?
Yes or you can go with Manual Gimbal Control which is what I use about 70% of the time.

Good question. Can you backup or just pause?

Current release is "just pause". I'm not sure what they have in the works but the only way back home is to
A) Draw the home path in your flight plan (that's what I do)
B) Take manual control and fly your aircraft home or wherever the next flight needs to start

I bit the bullet spent my 20 bones. I can say I am not a huge fan at this point unless I haven't figured it all out. I drew a huge oval around where I wanted to fly ( the plus with this was I could go well past the distance that the DJI way point app will allow ) The down side was that it was very jerky IMHO, the video was not very smooth like the DJI app from my experience. I even drew with a stylist thinking that would be the ticket. Perhaps a feature in the app could be a flight path smoothing button etc. I am sure what my issue is that I am zoomed way out on the app so I can see where I want to fly total distance is about 3/4 mile flight length long. Hopefully some of you have input on this or can help me out ...

Thanks G

ok went out for another flight, after choosing a new flight plan, after the previous one was finished. I experienced an error, and it wanted me to submit a new flight path. I was kind of starting to freak because the camera was no longer available for me to just fliy back. The issue was I knew my battery was getting too low for a new flight path to be chosen and up loaded in time before I ran out of Juice. I had to push the Home button on the RC, once it was insight then I felt better. All I can say is thank you DJI for the Home button.

Reactions: Dounin Front
I bit the bullet spent my 20 bones. I can say I am not a huge fan at this point unless I haven't figured it all out. I drew a huge oval around where I wanted to fly ( the plus with this was I could go well past the distance that the DJI way point app will allow ) The down side was that it was very jerky IMHO, the video was not very smooth like the DJI app from my experience. I even drew with a stylist thinking that would be the ticket. Perhaps a feature in the app could be a flight path smoothing button etc. I am sure what my issue is that I am zoomed way out on the app so I can see where I want to fly total distance is about 3/4 mile flight length long. Hopefully some of you have input on this or can help me out ...

Thanks G
Hi I bought the app also, but haven't been able to test it. I did read through all the instructions and FAQs on their website however. They addressed your jerky observation.

I have found the Dji Waypoints and POI very smooth to watch. Of course POI doesn't change the gimbal's pitch and yaw from where you've set it, and Waypoints either lock the camera and P3's orientation or lets you control it. That said, (and I hate it when people say "that said") AirNest does something completely different. You pick your POI on a map (optionally) after you "draw" your "path" on the app. The app translates your path into a series of waypoints for you and radiuses the corners for smoothness. While doing this, the app attempts to maintain focus on your chosen POI. -- That's the part I'm curious about because you are choosing your POI from the map and not the camera. Please let me know how that works out.--

AirNest warns that if you choose a speed at the upper end, you may have trouble with smoothness. They recommend using the "Point" feature for fast flying and "Path" for smooth intricate camera work. Point is where you fly straight to a single point and hoover.

I must admit the idea of flying a non circular path around or past a POI while the P3 autonomously keeps camera focus on it intrigues me.
I can hardly wait to try it, but it should be snowing here tomorrow.
Another tool in the toolbox? We'll see.

I was really thinking about buying this app. I even put it on my calendar. I tried to get into beta testing but was sent a message to join right when they stopped beta testing. I have now been beta testing a new add on for FPV camera. It is everything I was looking for. Multiple interest points and multiple waypoints. The only thing Airnest has that this don't is the fluidness of the flight with the swipe feature. With waypoints it goes from one point to another. Now Airnest would allow multiple interest points it would be on top of the game. I contacted them and they said maybe in the future, but maybe is not enough for me to purchase it.

If you can't save flights... what's the point? If airnest can save flights, I'll bite.

If you can't save flights... what's the point? If airnest can save flights, I'll bite.
I do not see any way to save a flight in the app. I think their point is it's easy and intuitive and takes 2 seconds to create a "Path".
This will be the case with any 3rd party app but, I like having my go to Go App in front of me at all times and I'm not as comfortable when it's not. Time will tell.

I was off the internet while enroute to Florida for he winter. Still waiting to hear back from Airnest. I got a feeling the save roue will be coming soon
An iTunes update for the AirNest App will be a lot easier than a firmware update for the P3.
There are a few things they need to look at. 1) is save and name the Path. 2) is auto takeoff should be optional.
People are asking for multiple interest point pins, but I'm not sure that's practical, especially when you can draw a new Path at any time with a swipe and a tap.

Last edited:
I do not see any way to save a flight in the app. I think their point is it's easy and intuitive and takes 2 seconds to create a "Path".
This will be the case with any 3rd party app but, I like having my go to Go App in front of me at all times and I'm not as comfortable when it's not. Time will tell.
I think the plus about saving flight paths is the fact that you could use it to see change over time like seasonal videos or photos over the same subject of interest. Myself I could so use it at the new Clif Bar Bakery we are building right now.

G

I was off the internet while enroute to Florida for he winter. Still waiting to hear back from Airnest. I got a feeling the save roue will be coming soon
Here us a hypothetical-- saved route accessed and flown from a different home location. Would that trigger a fly-away to the original launch point that the route was flown from originally.? DJI Go App saves them until you change your home point and them they are deleted.

Here us a hypothetical-- saved route accessed and flown from a different home location. Would that trigger a fly-away to the original launch point that the route was flown from originally.? DJI Go App saves them until you change your home point and them they are deleted.

It kind of depends on the app. However, the phantom and inspire, unless overrided, will auto update the home point on its own anytime you land or start up the drone. Same with Airnest.

It kind of depends on the app. However, the phantom and inspire, unless overrided, will auto update the home point on its own anytime you land or start up the drone. Same with Airnest.
But it the homepoint is updated, the save route no longer exists. Correct?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj