Terrible signal performance

here is something weird... I was just looking over the logs at healthydrones.com and both flights that autopilot uploaded gave me a signal score of 100%. and showed no signal errors... hmmm
Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 9.14.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 9.14.25 PM.png

Good try eh, from what I recall, unless it actually looses remote control signal, weak, poor doesn't show up. Same as you replay your flight log on your mobile device.
If you load up some of your past flights (good ones) to HD, compare your signals errors on similar flights.

Keep trying!, no I am not messing with you. But I could look for previous post.

If you haven't upload your flight to msingers log viewer.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
This will show your flight every 10th of a second.

The full web sight.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod

So, if you want to go deeper, this is link that is on msingers site, you can upload data that is stored on the Phantom itself, like the black box. The files are very large and when I tried it there was nothing old enough to look at before the problem occurred. So its kind of like looking at the last few drives in your car before the crash.

Over and Out, my brain is fried, need to do my own stuff, keep it going, somebody might get an idea to try. Keep the thread ALIVE.
:D

Reactions: leeford
Thought this was interesting. Because I have an older version of the go app on my phone now it wants an update. And in the update notes it says t fixes an issue dealing with transmission weakness in the p4. So apparently an app CAN cause/fix transmission issues. Something to think about. Seems like a pretty delicate dance between the 3 devices

741cdc17b985d5136f568dcf14082131.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also spoke to the seller from Amazon (a mom and pops RC / hobbie shop) that I got mine from and they said this is a known issue and will likely be resolved in a future firmware or app update.

Hey man, your moving your post to the right places. It's to early for me, thought I was going nuts.

Lol, yea just realized that when I went to read a reply, I had a hard time deleting the other ones but I think I got it.

Thought this was interesting. Because I have an older version of the go app on my phone now it wants an update. And in the update notes it says t fixes an issue dealing with transmission weakness in the p4. So apparently an app CAN cause/fix transmission issues. Something to think about. Seems like a pretty delicate dance between the 3 devices

Your problem is AT&T:rolleyes:

So that is interesting on the (APP) signal part, specially when it seems the problem comes with firmware.

I have never seen firmware fix this problem. When my first unit failed a traced it down by viewing my past flights, I couldn't believe firmware could be the cause. Two more firmwares came out before I sent mine in for repair. Now that I see the hacks going on with
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...
where they are actually changing the power of the transmitter, wow.
I understand very little of the code, not enough to even spend anytime in the direction.

My theory is the P3S is put together with lower quality components (seconds from the manufacture of the circuit boards) to keep a good featured unit at a low price point. The more they sell, the harder it is for a competitor to move in. The more they have out flying whether the are working correctly or not the product name is still catching the eye that is interested. The component that fails from the firmware was not up to specs.

N
Ok just finished my test flight with no luck. I have app version 2.8.0 and latest firmware on the phantom. And can say performance was actually worse as with the older app I actually have video downlink issues to go along with RC signal problems. Also did some screen capture with autopilot to show the RC signal bounce around as numerical values along with altitude and distance. I also made a second screen capture while I was running a panorama to show how the RC was all over the place even though the phantom was staying in one spot. So while I was hoping for a nice easy fix l, unfortunately this did not work for me. Also can confirm before I went back to Fw 1.6.8 I had the camera connected and noticed poor signal while running Fw 1.5.7 on app version 2.8.0 just with he phantom on the ground and being right next to it. So back to square one and I'll probably be giving dji a call I guess...

Noooo dam,,, don't panic lol,, have you tried 1.5.7 firmware with 2.8.1 go app???? Before you send your bird back try that combination,,, but 1st can you try this please 1.6.80 and 2.8.1

Then try 1.5.7 and 2.7.1
I no I no you have had it up to hear with this issue but it will be a firmware or go app issue it really will ,, I've spoke to and seen loads of different peeps have the same problem including myself,,, I really don't believe it's your hardware,

So that is interesting on the (APP) signal part, specially when it seems the problem comes with firmware.

I have never seen firmware fix this problem. When my first unit failed a traced it down by viewing my past flights, I couldn't believe firmware could be the cause. Two more firmwares came out before I sent mine in for repair. Now that I see the hacks going on with
I understand very little of the code, not enough to even spend anytime in the direction.

My theory is the P3S is put together with lower quality components (seconds from the manufacture of the circuit boards) to keep a good featured unit at a low price point. The more they sell, the harder it is for a competitor to move in. The more they have out flying whether the are working correctly or not the product name is still catching the eye that is interested. The component that fails from the firmware was not up to specs.

Sorry to sound dum but you do have your antenna pointed up to sky horizontal lol I've got to ask

Was question actually to me?

Also spoke to the seller from Amazon (a mom and pops RC / hobbie shop) that I got mine from and they said this is a known issue and will likely be resolved in a future firmware or app update.
Just wondering if they are selling on Amazon, and they are small shop, how can that be?
How about setting you up with one that works, for your trip?

Anyone can set up shop and sell on Amazon. I used to design and print paper shooting targets and sold them through Amazon myself, it's pretty easy to get up going.

Are you on any Facebook phantom pages ?? If you join any of many you will see and be told by the meny that have had same problem issue and the fix they used was told,, firmware or go app ,,,, you should always no which 1 of the 2 has affected your phantom,, I.e if it was flying great right before a dji go app update that's you problem or right before a firmware update,,, the easy fix is in noing which 1 affected your phantom, Or it could be a hardware issue

My wife has a Facebook account, I do not, how about you DryFlyRy?
Can you post some kind of FB links and I will use my wife's account to look at them?
If not here but maybe in a PM?

Hi guys, been reading this thread since the start as I'm a UK flyer with a P3S and am also plagued by the weak signal issue. Mine does only seem to be video feed though as have always had full control of the bird beyond the video feed loss range and no RTH kicking in. My best distance so far has been 850' with a parabolic reflector on, flying in a public park with a huge, long open field in front of me. I stupidly updated my FW as soon as I unboxed it. Ive tried FW 1.5.7+ and 1.6.8.0 and get similar results.
One thing I can say for sure (in my case anyway) is that the app doesn't seem to have any effect. I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" to fly with and use Litchi (GO App not installed on the Android tab, I have it on my iPhone for updates and other features not on litchi). I still get the same results with Litchi as I do with GO, so feel it can't be the app, it must be FW, but can't downgrade any further that 1.5.7+ to see if there is a "best version".

I can only hope a new FW fix comes out soon, however 850' in one direction is more than enough to film most things. An 850' radius is 1700' diameter circle which is about the DJI quoted range (maybe some clever marketing tactics???)

Haven't found anything on FB. Most groups are closed and I sent requests. I tried APP version 2.8.1 tonight in my back yard and surprising got a LITTLE better performance out of it than I did before in this location (Tonight i went about 300m before RTH in a congested area, trees, houses etc) still noticed the signal "dropping" at its max distance rather than a gradual fade however . I'm going to down grade the FW version on the quad to 1.5.7 and try running that in combination of app 2.8.1 and see what happens. I really wish I kept logs of what combinations of firmwares and apps I had running before when I got great distance from this thing.

Tried 1.5.7 / 2.8.1 combo tonight with about the same results. 275m I was getting about 100m with the 1.6.8 / 2.8.3 combo from my back yard. I'll keep trying different combinations and keep posting results when I have the time.

Rod pad had the same problem uninstall app and re-install

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT