Terrible signal performance

I wonder sometimes if the app has anything to do with the signal. I seemed to have gotten better signal on a Samsung lite tablet (although more video lag) than my S7 or iPad mini.

Anyone have this experience?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I wonder sometimes if the app has anything to do with the signal. I seemed to have gotten better signal on a Samsung lite tablet (although more video lag) than my S7 or iPad mini.

Anyone have this experience?
You say app, but you are comparing android to an apple?
I think either way, if your getting signal loss that wouldn't be a factor, since the mobile is connecting to the remote, not the Phantom, on a Standard.

Rod

Hi RodPad its been rain and wind here for 2 months so all our "paddocks" would bog a duck. I have have been following yours and others posts on this issue and am now at 1.57 and 2.4.2 This is the 1st app I used when I got the phantom in Late December not sure about the FW .every change has made little difference "Weak signal" at 15 m on both boosted and stock controller .I haven't been game to fly it and conditions haven't been suitable anyway.
I think I will have to send mine to Sydney (no warrant )Quoted $115$hr !I wonder if it is worth it ? Did you send yours back ?
I notice if you look at the FW version with the AC off it is different to when it is on .Does this mean anything?
Sorry, I think I saw this post, but it through me off on the time delay, and the one I think you started about trying to do way point type flying, anyways since its been a month from your post, I will just answer that both times I had to send mine in for repair on signal problems, first time they returned a different Phantom and Remote, the second time they replaced something in the Phantom, I would look that up again and a different remote.

Rod

Mine is currently at DJI for repair (after a 2 1/2 week ordeal with customer support, freaking terrible response times). Seems like this is the only solution.
Hey man keep us updated.
So in my normal sleepless nights, I was thinking which phrase would be a keeper.

Fly it, or Fry it ,with Firmware.
or
Fly or Fryware.

Your turn, what else you got.

Anyways, I going to take credit for,

Phantoms just don't fall out of the sky, they are RTH (China).
Well I keep changing it not ready for credits yet.

Rod

Ok, Phantoms don't fly away or fall out of the sky, there RTH defaulted to China. :D

Hi all....kind of on subject, I am selling my P3S and getting a P3A next weekend, my question is...Do I sell mine with my Argtek on or swap the controller with a mate and sell my P3S with a "stock" controller?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am still stock, so actually, I don't know, I guess depends on your friend if he would want it. The more I think about it, I would rather having a working mod, then taking my chance of not working after I bought it.

Rod

I had mine assessed in Australia .Turns out to be a falt in the main board $450 to fix it here ! $150 -200 plus post to send it I thought it wouldn't be under warranty since I opened the he controller to install the DBS but since the problem is in the AC they said they will just send that and see what DJI say. I only got 10 flights out of it !
I bought an Advanced .No problems so far . It has been an expensive exercise .
Why won't iPads let you take the curser back to correct spelling or is that just mine!!

just got it back today and nothing is fixed. And i actually didn't even get the same one that I sent out, my drone and controller both had stickers on them, the one they sent back to me doesn't have them. Same issues with range with this replacement. What a terrible *ucking product and company.

HOLY *HIT, that's all I got for now,
OMG!

Rod

Well I called dji again, told them the whole story. I had to send them side by side photos of flight logs from back in April next to one recently at the same location and same direction showing them that the signal drops and RTH kicks in at less than half the distance I got in April. They said they would mark the return "a level two" to get it at the top of the list and note that I want a brand new unit out of the box, not somebody else's refurb. I tried to get them to upgrade me to an advance because the issue only affects standards and I have been through a lot of grief over the whole thing but they weren't having any of it. Oh well. I also said then I would also not just like it to be new, but to either be confirmed it hasn't been upgraded to the latest firmware or have someone one test and confirm that it can achieve the advertised range of 3/4 miles. We'll see what happens.

A question to DryFlyRy My P3 was flipped on its back off the mat that I land on twice ,once by me and once by my son It was picked up quickly both times and did 3-4 flights on different days later no problem .Do you tell Dji this or will the just see it in the log and say the damage was caused then I don't think it was .the problems seems to start with the new firmware
The place I sent mine for repair /assessment are over run with work and I suspect when they don't really have time to pull the AC apart and thus "a fault on the mainboard "becomes the default answer.

Well I called dji again, told them the whole story. I had to send them side by side photos of flight logs from back in April next to one recently at the same location and same direction showing them that the signal drops and RTH kicks in at less than half the distance I got in April. They said they would mark the return "a level two" to get it at the top of the list and note that I want a brand new unit out of the box, not somebody else's refurb. I tried to get them to upgrade me to an advance because the issue only affects standards and I have been through a lot of grief over the whole thing but they weren't having any of it. Oh well. I also said then I would also not just like it to be new, but to either be confirmed it hasn't been upgraded to the latest firmware or have someone one test and confirm that it can achieve the advertised range of 3/4 miles. We'll see what happens.
One of my thoughts was, you could download the flight data directly from the Phantom, the files are large, before the oldest are erased. You might be able to see there tests or last flights from a previous owner.

Where did you send it to, not sure of your location.

Rod

Mine is currently at DJI for repair (after a 2 1/2 week ordeal with customer support, freaking terrible response times). Seems like this is the only solution.
I was also curious about this post, was this based on where you bought it?
Also, did you get an update from PM, that me, you and dc was part of?

Rod

I sorry, my app kept crashing whenever I opened it so I never got notifications to responses. Latest update on the phantom pilots app seems to have fixed that. Anyways. Sent it back again the 2nd time asking for a brand new unit. All o got was an email saying it was repaired and shipped out. They list the items they sent along with serial numbers. They are sending back the same gimbal and phantom I sent out (even though it was not the original one I purchased from the first time I sent in for repair, even though I asked for a brand new one) so I'm still getting back someone else's drone not he one I bought new, and it looks like the RC they sent has a different serial number. Than the one I sent back. So long story short all they did was send out a new RC without doing anything else. I'm not going to be surprised when I get everything back and nothing is different. I might have to take a road trip to CA and start throwing bricks through windows. Package is supposed to be here a week and a day from today.

I sorry, my app kept crashing whenever I opened it so I never got notifications to responses. Latest update on the phantom pilots app seems to have fixed that. Anyways. Sent it back again the 2nd time asking for a brand new unit. All o got was an email saying it was repaired and shipped out. They list the items they sent along with serial numbers. They are sending back the same gimbal and phantom I sent out (even though it was not the original one I purchased from the first time I sent in for repair, even though I asked for a brand new one) so I'm still getting back someone else's drone not he one I bought new, and it looks like the RC they sent has a different serial number. Than the one I sent back. So long story short all they did was send out a new RC without doing anything else. I'm not going to be surprised when I get everything back and nothing is different. I might have to take a road trip to CA and start throwing bricks through windows. Package is supposed to be here a week and a day from today.

Thanks for the update, OMG. :eek:

I have just sent mine back .Your story doesn't fill me with confidence. I sent mine with the second controller I bought since it had not been modded .Do the phantom and the controllers numbers match?

I have just sent mine back .Your story doesn't fill me with confidence. I sent mine with the second controller I bought since it had not been modded .Do the phantom and the controllers numbers match?
If you mean, do they you know you don't have the original controller?
I don't think they care, imagine how many coming in a day of just the P3*hits. I right down the MAC address on what I send in (take a picture). The address / serial numbers I believe would be on the original box.

Is that what you were asking?

Rod

Yes that is what I meant
I have made mine a bit more visible .They will have to peel it off to open the shell .I wonder if I will get the same one back .I can see why other people get annoyed when their phantom maybe vertically new when its sent and they get back one that's definitely older .

Attachments

• IMG_0933.JPG
    IMG_0933.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 315
Just a final update from me, got it back last week with the controller swapped out and everything works as it should. I actually got my longest fight ever out of my back yard at about 900 meters. My best guess is when doing the firmware upgrade there is a tendency to glitch and the controller never gets the complete update, so even though everything says it's fine you end up with an RC and Drone that are not syncing right and because you can't just go ahead and update the firmware on JUST the controller any more you end up in our situation. Even down grading it etc doesn't help because the software "thinks" the firmware took or whatever. It would be nice if dji just gave us access to the file directory so that we could replace files manually if needed instead of running an update that just sits there and beeps at you for a half hour. (Esp over wifi which is not always 100% dependable). But then again the files loaded on these thing are probably full of proprietary algorithms that make the phantom fly as good as it does (when functioning properly!)

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl