Seems Women don't like flying drones...

You are lucky pal. You need to get her a P4 immediately I think. Sounds like she'll kick your a$$ at flying. Lucky dog!
Lol she probably will...she always whoops me on the xbox

My wife doesn't share in my hobbies, but she does support my hobbies.. Drone flying, metal detecting, raising backyard chickens, photography, hunting, starting home improvement projects and not finishing them,etc . I have a very tolerant wife :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok, I will chime in here. I am Woman! I have my P3P, as well as my Syma and mini Hubsan. .

What does your mini Husband think about your photography skill in the air?
Haha. I always misread the ad for Banggood Hubsan.

As is evident from the staggering male to female ratio on these forums and in the hobby. Is it because they think it's better to dump a 1000$ into a something more rational then a "toy" helicopter? Or Is it it just cause they just don't know how to have any fun? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
My wife has no interest in flying, but she really likes watching the videos it takes.

Actually how I got into quads, my wife came home and mentioned it after work one day that would be neat etc speaking of the camera. I agreed as I have always been interested in anything RC already had a couple small blade msr's (heli's) and had grown up running the cars but had been awhile. Had looked at quads briefly before but not in depth. Ended up ordering her a syma x8g for Christmas and afterwards kept researching quads. Several weeks of reading all I could as I normally do....placed the order for the P3A. But couldn't tell her what I purchased because that was her gift as well. Just told her not to get me anything as I was buying a somewhat selfish pricey item.
In the end she didn't really like flying the x8g never really got the hang of it stated it was stressful to her. Have some nano quads (hubsan and nano qx3d) she had a little better luck with but lost all interest in flying. She's interested in the video/pics of the phantom and has watched me fly but not really that interested. She states her problem is a coordination problem regardless of my attempts to help her.

Yesterday I had this really hot chick come up to me and ask me about my drone, she was fascinated, it was almost like I couldn't get in my car to go fly it, well, if you say hot chicks don't like drones, well, you ain't seen em yet.

Yesterday I had this really hot chick come up to me and ask me about my drone, she was fascinated, it was almost like I couldn't get in my car to go fly it, well, if you say hot chicks don't like drones, well, you ain't seen em yet.

She was into you, not the drone! :D You really missed that one.

Shh. That's the next Barbi. You weren't supposed to mention that.

(****, Dirtybum beat me to it.)
I'm anxiously waiting for the next Barbi with 4 props. We will have company then and fields will be colorful.

As is evident from the staggering male to female ratio on these forums and in the hobby. Is it because they think it's better to dump a 1000$ into a something more rational then a "toy" helicopter? Or Is it it just cause they just don't know how to have any fun? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah like a $1000 pair of earrings, the sole purpose of which, is to hang from their face. ;)

Mike

Good post, however you used the word "can't" quite a few times. I think the point of the OP is that it's not that most men are telling women that they can't shoot, rock climb, or fly drones. It's just that they simply don't want to. They show no interest even if encouraged.

Again this is a generlization as the women in your post show that the opposite can be true.

Thing is, "can't" was the chosen word because its true. No, its unlikely that someone shakes a finger at a girl and says she can't climb because she's a girl. "Can't" is expressed in the form of social preconceptions of what a girl (boy) is "supposed" to like and do. Just take a look through a sales flier in your next sunday paper that has kids toys and clothes (walmart, target, kholes, etc). You will find the boys dressed in shirts with things like monster trucks on them and girls with My Little Pony and barbie. I took 3 of the granddaughters to a monster truck rally a few years ago and they had a freaking blast. Society has told girls what they shouldn't be doing through imagery, toys, and other programming for centuries.

I feel many do not buck the trend because they have been conditioned to not be interested through social acceptance and intolerance. Boys play with trucks, girls play with dolls. Boys like blue, girls like pink. Boys play baseball, girls play softball. Its all social conditioning. I think many girls/women do not get into certain hobbies and sports because they fear the lack of social acceptance if they did. Imagine your son's friends' excitement finding out you took him to the rifle range to blow some stuff up. Now imagine the horrified reaction of your daughter's friends finding out that you took your daughter to the same range. THAT is what I am referring to by "can't".

Most things (products, services, etc) are designed to operate on these social "norms" as to what men and women and boys and girls are supposed to do or like. For a recent example, we searched for 4 days and close to 20 shops to find GD12 a new swimsuit on our recent Florida trip. We found ONE. Why? She hates pink. She tolerated it when she was younger but now that she is getting a mind of her own, she doesn't anymore. You ever try to find a girl's swimsuit for a pre-teen that doesn't have pink somewhere or isn't majorly pink? Try it once. Try to find a baseball program for a girl. Boy scouts go camping, canoeing and hiking. Girl Scouts sleep in cabins, do girlie crafts and sell cookies. Why is it acceptable to have a men's softball bar league but its not acceptable for schools to have a girls baseball team?

I have introduced the girls to a wide variety of sports and hobbies from pottery to shooting, from woodworking to painting. The ones they like, they keep doing. And, yes, they like girl type things. They love to go shopping, dressing up, crocheting and playing with dolls (though dolls are beginning to fade from their activities due to them beginning to mature). But they have liked boy traditional things too such as what I posted above. I feel by showing them its OK to like non-traditional things now when they are young, maybe it will allow them a wider choice of activities and jobs as they grow up. The one pictured with the Barrett rifle above is seriously making noise about going into the military.

Thats what I meant by "can't".

Reactions: Jtrjr
I can't even get my girlfriend to just go and watch a single flight of mine. Never once. She doesn't mind that I fly at all but she never tags along. When there's no interest, there's no interest, lol.
This is a warning sign of things to come. :) My wife is same as re ALL my hobbies. Does not think twice about dropping a dime (many dimes) on shoes, accessories, etc.
Marty

Pro,

There's my wife! She got me my first Phantom as a present. I didn't want to spend the money. We just passed 29 years together yesterday. She was with me when I made a dumb mistake and crashed one of my birds. I was so disappointed in myself that I almost quit flying. She encouraged me to get another bird and go at it again. I had the new one in less than 24 hours because of her insistence. She was with me when I tried to go 5 miles with my P2 and it fell short. She drove the Mule so we could find it. She took my Marco Polo's out and hid them so I could see if the damned things actually worked (they did). I read many of these posts to her, not sure that she's really interested but she listens and provides her opinions. She helped me set-up my motorcycle packing system so we can take the bird with us on our bike trips...

Yeah, I really lucked out. I got one of the good one's, I feel extremely blessed. (Now, if we could just get rid of her damned horses!)

Jerry:
Are you my doppelganger ? Sweet wife, she bought me a drone, encourages my flying adventures, she also loves horses. I don't poke the bear - don't mess with her horses. My wife wants to meet your wife.
Gary
Milwaukee

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl