Seems Women don't like flying drones...

Do we need to paint P3 to pink to attract beautiful eyes?

Reactions: Ivan199
Reactions: Banderboy
I must have got lucky. My wife encouraged me to get the Phantom. She goes everytime I fly and always pushes to go farther out lol...I'm like ahhh thats pretty far already..she says dont be a wussy..go until RTH kicks in. Now she wants to get one so she'll have something when we go out. I told her i would give her our sons Blade 180 qx when he gets his Phantom.

This is a generalization and does not apply to all, but most women do not engage in hobbies of any sort like men do, especially ones that involve technology.. Particularly young women today. They are more interested in vapid pastimes such as socializing, shopping, clubbing, gossiping with friends, playing candy crush on their phones, and fashion. So it is not a surprise at all that it is 95% men on here and out flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: NRJ
I must have got lucky. My wife encouraged me to get the Phantom. She goes everytime I fly and always pushes to go farther out lol...I'm like ahhh thats pretty far already..she says dont be a wussy..go until RTH kicks in.

Pro,

There's my wife! She got me my first Phantom as a present. I didn't want to spend the money. We just passed 29 years together yesterday. She was with me when I made a dumb mistake and crashed one of my birds. I was so disappointed in myself that I almost quit flying. She encouraged me to get another bird and go at it again. I had the new one in less than 24 hours because of her insistence. She was with me when I tried to go 5 miles with my P2 and it fell short. She drove the Mule so we could find it. She took my Marco Polo's out and hid them so I could see if the damned things actually worked (they did). I read many of these posts to her, not sure that she's really interested but she listens and provides her opinions. She helped me set-up my motorcycle packing system so we can take the bird with us on our bike trips...

Yeah, I really lucked out. I got one of the good one's, I feel extremely blessed. (Now, if we could just get rid of her damned horses!)

Jerry

Pro,

There's my wife! She got me my first Phantom as a present. I didn't want to spend the money. We just passed 29 years together yesterday. She was with me when I made a dumb mistake and crashed one of my birds. I was so disappointed in myself that I almost quit flying. She encouraged me to get another bird and go at it again. I had the new one in less than 24 hours because of her insistence. She was with me when I tried to go 5 miles with my P2 and it fell short. She drove the Mule so we could find it. She took my Marco Polo's out and hid them so I could see if the damned things actually worked (they did). I read many of these posts to her, not sure that she's really interested but she listens and provides her opinions. She helped me set-up my motorcycle packing system so we can take the bird with us on our bike trips...

Yeah, I really lucked out. I got one of the good one's, I feel extremely blessed. (Now, if we could just get rid of her damned horses!)

Jerry
Thats awesome Jerry! Some of us are really lucky. My wife is into all the stuff I like and always supports me. She also likes reading this forum. When i built my car she helped..then she wanted a fast car so we built one for her..when I did the DBS mod antenna she wanted to do it..kept hovering telling me how to do it lol..she is a gamer a builder..loves hobbies and now likes drones!..shes actually searching for some amps and batteries right now so we can get more distance, I told her we cant afford em right now so she said she will find stuff we dont use and sell it for them!...oh and shes hot!!

Take care of your wife!...these type of women are hard to find these days

As is evident from the staggering male to female ratio on these forums and in the hobby. Is it because they think it's better to dump a 1000$ into a something more rational then a "toy" helicopter? Or Is it it just cause they just don't know how to have any fun? Lol

There are many hobbies that are overwhelmingly male dominated. But women(girls) are making inroads into many of them. In general, I don't accept a hobby as "male" even though I am (a male). I have tried to teach my granddaughters the same attitude. Just because their gender is female, that doesn't mean they can't do many things males do.

Rock climbing is dominated by males. Doesn't seem to affect GD12 (who was 8 at the time this photo was taken) who competed in a local comp and placed in the top 10%. Beating 90% of everyone else who competed. The comp was not age or sex categorized so she competed against me and other men, women, boys and girls. You going to tell her she can't compete because she's a girl?
29983163.ab88548f.500.jpg

I don't have any baseball photos up but my oldest GD, now 17, played Little League baseball. With and against boys. She could out run most of them. She could out bat most of them. She could catch better than most. Throwing was a bit weak. She finally quit because she got less and less play time because everyone thought it was a boy's sport. That didn't stop her from moving into softball and does extremely well at the club level as well as in school. Again, baseball dominated by males. She proved she could compete on an equal footing but politics and male attitude forced her away. There are no girl's baseball in schools. For no good reason.

I also don't have photos online but all 4 granddaughters like to fish. Another sport dominated by males.

Shooting is overwhelmingly male dominated. I suggest you don't tell her she can't shoot. She will prove you wrong, and may well clean your clock.
23623313.fd994362.500.jpg

23461915.e64782e4.500.jpg

I also recommend you not tell her older sister that girls can't shoot either because she can hit a 50c piece at 400yds.
35565559.84bb02c1.500.jpg

None of them own a pink gun.

And it may not be the best idea to tell them they can't fly drones either. Both GD9 and GD12 fly. Not as much as I do, but they do.
41170278.19e5cb5d.500.jpg

What someone has between their legs shouldn't dictate what they have in their heart. Are there sports not so appropriate for most girls? Sure. Would I put a 180# girl on a football team of 260# boys? No. No more than I would put the same 180# boy in the same situation. Common sense.

Last edited:
And just because it's my 29th, I'm gonna give my Baby some play. I'm a very lucky man. No more, just this one...

Jerry

My Baby 02A.jpg

I must have got lucky. My wife encouraged me to get the Phantom. She goes everytime I fly and always pushes to go farther out lol...I'm like ahhh thats pretty far already..she says dont be a wussy..go until RTH kicks in. Now she wants to get one so she'll have something when we go out. I told her i would give her our sons Blade 180 qx when he gets his Phantom.
You are lucky pal. You need to get her a P4 immediately I think. Sounds like she'll kick your a$$ at flying. Lucky dog!

Reactions: Jtrjr
You are lucky pal. You need to get her a P4 immediately I think. Sounds like she'll kick your a$$ at flying. Lucky dog!

John,

A "tank" and a "tank", it doesn't get any better. She can kick my @ss at anything she "chooses" to! I love her to death. Without her, I'm nothing.

Jerry

This is a generalization and does not apply to all, but most women do not engage in hobbies of any sort like men do, especially ones that involve technology.. Particularly young women today. They are more interested in vapid pastimes such as socializing, shopping, clubbing, gossiping with friends, playing candy crush on their phones, and fashion. So it is not a surprise at all that it is 95% men on here and out flying.
This subject is covered in detail by Rob Becker, a comedian. If you ever get a chance to see Defending the Caveman with your wife, DO IT!. It's been around for 25+yrs, a timeless comedy show about men and women and why we're different. It's franchised and performed by other comedians around the world. Las Vegas has the show too. It's hilarious.

Last edited:
This subject is covered in detail by Rob Becker, a comedian. If you ever get a chance to see Defending the Caveman with your wife, DO IT!. It's been around for 25+yrs, a timeless comedy show about men and women and why we're different. It's franchised all over the world, performed by other comedians around the world. Las Vegas has the show too. It's hilarious.

We'll do that John, thanks for the heads-up!

Jerry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl