Seems Women don't like flying drones...

My wife is a very good non professional photographer and she told me in December we should get a flying camera. Well I told her right away that was a very very good idea hun! As time flew and I studied the options (lotsa stuff out there) it came down to what I think is the best for my budget a dji. For the price I was thinking P3P, my wife said "no get a P4 you like tech stuff what's the matter with you" She's soooo right I gotta marry that girl, oh I did. She is getting pretty good with our syma and I swear she aim's for me at times just to see if i'm still on the ball. P4 should be here Thursday...

Reactions: Wibble and Jtrjr
And in another very male dominated hobby/business, girls/women can be just as good in front of it...
38685560.e93e5531.500.jpg

38686098.c73a522e.500.jpg

As behind it...
38689962.ad8effba.500.jpg

23623931.8c27f513.500.jpg

Reactions: Jtrjr
Just remembered besides my wife telling me to get the P4 she said get 3 extra batteries she wants to fly too. I agree there may be more guy's flying but the girls are a whole lot better looking! And they won't take the same risk we will and that's a good thing, it cut's the repair bills in half.

Just remembered besides my wife telling me to get the P4 she said get 3 extra batteries she wants to fly too. I agree there may be more guy's flying but the girls are a whole lot better looking! And they won't take the same risk we will and that's a good thing, it cut's the repair bills in half.

Take her out flying. Then to dinner. Double the brownie points for the day.

At the end of the day it's all about the ones you love and the ones that love you. Alright, I'm done with all this warm and fuzzy stuff.

Wish I could fly today, too windy. At least I got a 6-mile run in yesterday.

Jerry

At the end of the day it's all about the ones you love and the ones that love you. Alright, I'm done with all this warm and fuzzy stuff.

Wish I could fly today, too windy. At least I got a 6-mile run in yesterday.

Jerry
Come on now you cant just throw something like "6 mile run "at the end of a sentence and not tell some details! I think this topic is coming to a close , we can start talking about some fun stuff now[emoji41]

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Come on now you cant just throw something like "6 mile run "at the end of a sentence and not tell some details! I think this topic is coming to a close , we can start talking about some fun stuff now[emoji41]

Dirty,

You're not reading all of the threads! It's all outlined here, including a screen record of the flight...

Always hand spin your motors before take-off.

;)

Jerry

Reactions: dirtybum
I can relate to that Wibble I'm glad my wife loves the outdoors and flying. My x wife is another story, she had lessons with the devil on how to be more evil, I don't know how much she charged him.

Reactions: Jtrjr
There are many hobbies that are overwhelmingly male dominated. But women(girls) are making inroads into many of them. In general, I don't accept a hobby as "male" even though I am (a male). I have tried to teach my granddaughters the same attitude. Just because their gender is female, that doesn't mean they can't do many things males do.

Rock climbing is dominated by males. Doesn't seem to affect GD12 (who was 8 at the time this photo was taken) who competed in a local comp and placed in the top 10%. Beating 90% of everyone else who competed. The comp was not age or sex categorized so she competed against me and other men, women, boys and girls. You going to tell her she can't compete because she's a girl?
29983163.ab88548f.500.jpg

I don't have any baseball photos up but my oldest GD, now 17, played Little League baseball. With and against boys. She could out run most of them. She could out bat most of them. She could catch better than most. Throwing was a bit weak. She finally quit because she got less and less play time because everyone thought it was a boy's sport. That didn't stop her from moving into softball and does extremely well at the club level as well as in school. Again, baseball dominated by males. She proved she could compete on an equal footing but politics and male attitude forced her away. There are no girl's baseball in schools. For no good reason.

I also don't have photos online but all 4 granddaughters like to fish. Another sport dominated by males.

Shooting is overwhelmingly male dominated. I suggest you don't tell her she can't shoot. She will prove you wrong, and may well clean your clock.
23623313.fd994362.500.jpg

23461915.e64782e4.500.jpg

I also recommend you not tell her older sister that girls can't shoot either because she can hit a 50c piece at 400yds.
35565559.84bb02c1.500.jpg

None of them own a pink gun.

And it may not be the best idea to tell them they can't fly drones either. Both GD9 and GD12 fly. Not as much as I do, but they do.
41170278.19e5cb5d.500.jpg

What someone has between their legs shouldn't dictate what they have in their heart. Are there sports not so appropriate for most girls? Sure. Would I put a 180# girl on a football team of 260# boys? No. No more than I would put the same 180# boy in the same situation. Common sense.

Good post, however you used the word "can't" quite a few times. I think the point of the OP is that it's not that most men are telling women that they can't shoot, rock climb, or fly drones. It's just that they simply don't want to. They show no interest even if encouraged.

Again this is a generlization as the women in your post show that the opposite can be true.

Ok, I will chime in here. I am Woman! I have my P3P, as well as my Syma and mini Hubsan. Did all the research, studied books, read forums to learn all I can. Taking baby steps so I don't wreck my little EAGLE. Flew it out 2km (Canada) the other day. More to come in the 'bonding' process. I also golf, fish, ice-fish, camp and do decorative woodwork, sew, cook, etc., etc. I have fish finders, dash cams, underwater camera, golf range finder..luv technology. Oh, and I am 69 yrs young and have so much more to explore and learn. When I was much younger, golf was a man's sport, I was not permitted to take woodwork or auto repair courses in high school because I was female. Thank the good lord we have come a long way. I believe women are less interested because of generations of conditioning to the male/female segregation attitudes of the past. Go for it girls! There's fun to be had.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic