Seems Women don't like flying drones...

Jerry:

Are you my doppelganger ? Sweet wife, she bought me a drone, encourages my flying adventures, she also loves horses. I don't poke the bear - don't mess with her horses. My wife wants to meet your wife.

Gary
Milwaukee

Atty,

What kind of riding does she do? My girl is a Grand Prix level Dressage rider.

Jerry

Nothing quite so exotic and accomplished as your wife. Just loves horses and pleasure riding although she has done lower levels of Dressage. If you ever get to the Milwaukee-Chicago area, check out the Tempel Lipizzans www.tempelfarms.com . This photo is for your sweetheart --- Happy Flying and Riding.

Gary
Milwaukee

Attachments

• Lippizzans.Photo.jpg
    Lippizzans.Photo.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: Jtrjr
If you ever get to the Milwaukee-Chicago area, check out the Tempel Lipizzans www.tempelfarms.com . This photo is for your sweetheart --- Happy Flying and Riding.

Gary,

She does get out that way a few times a year for shows. I don't usually tag along unless I can bring a bike and a P3! I can't talk to her horse, it came from somewhere in Germany and doesn't speak a word of English. I do know she loves those Lipizzan's! Do me a favor and post a better picture! She'll be jazzed!

Jerry

This photo is for your sweetheart --- Happy Flying and Riding.

Gary,

Just checked out the website. Oooohhhh, this really has the potential to score me a few points (I wish I could use a few of the one's that I've already racked up over 29 years!). Cool site! She'll be all over it when she gets home!

Jerry

Nothing quite so exotic and accomplished as your wife.

Gary,

And these are for your Gal. The first one is very old (done with my P2) but it captured the moments. My wife loves it. (Make sure you change the quality to 720p, the best I could do at the time.) The 2nd one is just what you said, trail riding with the Daughter and faithful Labs. (I think that one is the P3P at 1080P). Thanks for the posts!

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To : Jerry and Gary

What's the connection between horses and Phantoms? :)

I'm here. Only been flying since the P4 was released. Teaching myself so a slow going. I'm probably more cautious than most as I'm learning.

I will admit that it wasn't the thrill of flying that drew me, but the ability to photograph activities from the air. I prepurchased the Lily last spring and saw the Phantom as I was waiting and wondering if Lily would release. I do retriever training and trialing and the drone is a terrific way to "see" your training problems or successes from above, when you are too distant from the dog to see that perspective from the ground. I am also a boater and hope to use it in that application, but only after I'm sure I won't drown it.

I will admit that the thrill of flying is now equal to the original purpose of the photography/video.

My dad was an RC modeler when I was a kid and I built 2 planes from scratch, balsa wood, glue, ironing the skin on, 100 hours of work, go to the flying field and crash it in the first flight....twice.... I had started out with u-control planes, turning in the middle of a circle with someone else, making sure your lines don't tangle.

But, all that was 35+ years ago...hadn't flown since.

For those who want to involve their wives, girlfriends, I would suggest you may have to be less in control. It's not fun when someone is hovering, constantly giving direction. Perhaps have her do the flight simulator, go to a safe place and let her do some simple maneuvers by herself. I know that would be hard :)

Btw, I appreciate all the good info I get from the experienced pilots of this forum. I'll keep listening. Thanks!

Last edited:
What's the connection between horses and Phantoms? :)

Al,

Just something similar between our better halves. My wife is very engrossed with her horses as I am with my birds. She can ride and I can fly. Really, nothing more. This thread evolved into a thing about our connections with our spouses. She supports and encourages mine and I do the same with hers. (a German speaking horse ain't cheap!). I wasn't trying to derail the thread, just trying to add depth.

Jerry

Al,

Just something similar between our better halves. My wife is very engrossed with her horses as I am with my birds. She can ride and I can fly. Really, nothing more. This thread evolved into a thing about our connections with our spouses. She supports and encourages mine and I do the same with hers. (a German speaking horse ain't cheap!). I wasn't trying to derail the thread, just trying to add depth.

Jerry
I was just kidding.

Wow if she has a horse, you can test tracking function offered by Litchi. But be careful, don't lose your P3.

Gary,

Just checked out the website. Oooohhhh, this really has the potential to score me a few points (I wish I could use a few of the one's that I've already racked up over 29 years!). Cool site! She'll be all over it when she gets home!

Jerry

Jerry:

I too keep filling the well of good will with good deeds, but it's still a mystery after all these years how It can drain in a flash with one blunder. I tried to upload some video I took at a performance at Tempel Farms a few years ago, but this site doesn't allow it. Sorry. But here is a youtube link which may score you some points.

Take care.
Gary

As is evident from the staggering male to female ratio on these forums and in the hobby. Is it because they think it's better to dump a 1000$ into a something more rational then a "toy" helicopter? Or Is it it just cause they just don't know how to have any fun? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
My 66 yr old wife enjoys flying. She is very careful so rarely has accidents or issues, unlike her better half

Ok, I will chime in here. I am Woman! I have my P3P, as well as my Syma and mini Hubsan. Did all the research, studied books, read forums to learn all I can. Taking baby steps so I don't wreck my little EAGLE. Flew it out 2km (Canada) the other day. More to come in the 'bonding' process. I also golf, fish, ice-fish, camp and do decorative woodwork, sew, cook, etc., etc. I have fish finders, dash cams, underwater camera, golf range finder..luv technology. Oh, and I am 69 yrs young and have so much more to explore and learn. When I was much younger, golf was a man's sport, I was not permitted to take woodwork or auto repair courses in high school because I was female. Thank the good lord we have come a long way. I believe women are less interested because of generations of conditioning to the male/female segregation attitudes of the past. Go for it girls! There's fun to be had.

That's too bad you were barred from various courses in high school based on your gender, but I think "conditioning" is an over-used reason to explain the lack of interests at this point in time after over a generation of pushing girls to "like" male dominated areas of life. There does seem to be real generalized differences between genders. A lot of women simply aren't interested in some things just like a lot of men aren't interested in others. For example, there's been a steady decline in women getting degrees in the hard-sciences despite all the incentive programs that have also helped many more women graduate with degrees than men do these days. It's also been shown that women generally make better brokers and better instrument pilots yet the fact is that relatively few are personally interested.

Obviously and delightfully there are exceptions.

Also, look at all the men on here who wish their wives were enjoying their hobby with them (or hoping to find a girlfriend who does)! I myself wish my wife wanted to fly too, but she's not interested despite being a tom-boy in many other ways. My step-daughter on the other hand has expressed real interest so I'm looking forward to letting her fly next time she's in town.

Reactions: aenbacka
That's too bad you were barred from various courses in high school based on your gender, but I think "conditioning" is an over-used reason to explain the lack of interests at this point in time after over a generation of pushing girls to "like" male dominated areas of life. There does seem to be real generalized differences between genders. A lot of women simply aren't interested in some things just like a lot of men aren't interested in others. For example, there's been a steady decline in women getting degrees in the hard-sciences despite all the incentive programs that have also helped many more women graduate with degrees than men do these days. It's also been shown that women generally make better brokers and better instrument pilots yet the fact is that relatively few are personally interested.

Obviously and delightfully there are exceptions.

Also, look at all the men on here who wish their wives were enjoying their hobby with them (or hoping to find a girlfriend who does)! I myself wish my wife wanted to fly too, but she's not interested despite being a tom-boy in many other ways. My step-daughter on the other hand has expressed real interest so I'm looking forward to letting her fly next time she's in town.
Agreed...Mars and Venus indeed. It is a combination of societal influence and natural inclination.

My wife is mostly interested in the photography aspect of drone flying, not so much in the flying itself:)

Gary,

And these are for your Gal. The first one is very old (done with my P2) but it captured the moments. My wife loves it. (Make sure you change the quality to 720p, the best I could do at the time.) The 2nd one is just what you said, trail riding with the Daughter and faithful Labs. (I think that one is the P3P at 1080P). Thanks for the posts!

Jerry

Jerry:

My Gal loved your videos (both of your beautiful farm and girls with their horses). Thanks for sharing them. Looks like plenty of room to fly. And to "Al" who questioned the connection between drones and horses, its all about having a passion for interests in life and sharing those with people you care about. But I'm in the same boat as you Jerry regarding horses, I don't speak the equine dialect be it English or German.

Gary

As is evident from the staggering male to female ratio on these forums and in the hobby. Is it because they think it's better to dump a 1000$ into a something more rational then a "toy" helicopter? Or Is it it just cause they just don't know how to have any fun? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

must just be the women you know....... I think my wife wanted the P4 as much as if not more than i did... my daughter loves to fly. the wife and i fly our phantoms several times a week.... or maybe its just the women i know. but i don't think thats the case....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.