Phantom 4 vs Typhoon H

I want/have the __________

• Typhoon H

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Phantom 4

Votes: 41 60.3%

• Total voters
I heard the price was going to be $1800 base model
It is $1,200 but no case and only one battery, not two as listed! check the sellers , even Yuneec. I still ordered one, as I have a P3P already and want something different. And to me the P4 is not different in the way I'm wanting!

Reactions: QuadBart
yes I never go over 400 feet no it isn't illegal to due so it is suggested by faa not too really some people just like to see how high bird can go me I really don't care 400 feet is plenty high

yes I never go over 400 feet no it isn't illegal to due so it is suggested by faa not too really some people just like to see how high bird can go me I really don't care 400 feet is plenty high
Illegal in a regulated sense, but if you get arrested and fined for a incident over 400' would it matter if it was a regulation or law? I was just making a statement that flying over 400' for me is not necessary, nor is flying out of line of line of sight. I prefer to abide by the regulations since I fly commercially with a 333 and sports licence. I do film with my P3P and like it, but for the price and differences I am going to try the Typhoon H

If you fly according to FAA regulations, there is no need for Lightbridge, if you fly for photography purposes it is not needed either!

Well yes, but if you're filming over water I'd prefer lightbridge. For most other filming I don't really need it as I'm within sight. I really do like the Typhoon H... having a Phantom and this could meet all my photography needs.

Reactions: liketogethigh
Well yes, but if you're filming over water I'd prefer lightbridge. For most other filming I don't really need it as I'm within sight. I really do like the Typhoon H... having a Phantom and this could meet all my photography needs.
You are correct, that's why I am getting one and hope it's all it seems! Best of Wishes in your endeavors !

Let's not confuse lightbridge.... It doesn't just allow longer distances, but stronger signal at the Typhoon H's range.
Flying a mile out with the P4 isn't close to maxing it out, which makes for a safer or at least 'less problematic' flight.

Most of here shouldn't get their panties too bunched up at lesser range, because most of already have a long range bird :)

Yuneec's Typhoon H isn't going to go as far, but there's a sizable part of the market that won't use the lightbridge
range, so it becomes moot to those folks. Having the 360* gimbal and 6 rotor redundancy are in themselves big sell
points. The "modular" design will allow upgrading the 'H' instead of getting a new bird every year.

With the price drop, I'm seriously considering the Typhoon H. Going to B-B-Q's and other outdoor functions would
be Typhoon H's niche... think about it... people are going to want to see it do its thing, and they can't when it's a mile
and a half away. Having an 'adequate' close range aerial photo platform won't be a bad thing. For the P4's intro
price of $1400, I should get (2) batteries for the 'H' for about the same price.

The "H" will bring me up to 4 UAVs, from palm size quad to hexcopter... At what point do I admit to having a problem?

Let's not confuse lightbridge.... It doesn't just allow longer distances, but stronger signal at the Typhoon H's range.

Unfortunately I read far too many posts on this forum where a Phantom owner does not have Lightbridge and is frustrated with their range and believes that Lightbridge is the cure. Sadly, this is not the case in every situation.

Refresher: Wifi requires a two way communication with plenty of data checking to ensure data packets are received. Lightbridge doesn't care about this... it just fires the data out continuously which means less dropouts over a longer range.

For example. Position yourself in a location with trees all around you. Without lightbridge you may only get 400 meters before video drops out. With Lightbridge you may increase that to 600 meters before video drops out. Position yourself behind a building or hill that is 100 feet high. Fly over it and... without lightbridge you may again only get 200 to 400 meters before video drops out. With Lightbridge you may increase this to 500 or 600 meters.

Lightbridge is amazing over open water, large flat fields or that wonderful English country side you see in so many videos, or the southern states with vast open space, etc. As soon as you introduce obstacles that are within 100 feet of where you are standing, they act as barrier to your signal, no matter how high you try to fly at a distance to keep line of sight. Bottom line is that Lightbridge is superior to Wifi, but it is not amazing in all environments.

I agree with you on that, as I have experienced it with both in these same scenarios. Don't get me wrong, I love Lightbridge!, but in doing aerial photography, the closer you are to your subjects the better angles and positions are more easily chosen. If you are a mile or 1.5 out, pretty darn hard to pick a subject unless you are just shooting landscapes etc. I have my P3P to go as far out as I like, Just want something different to use in more casual environments and close up works, and I believe the H will serve this purpose!, I guess I'll find out in a few weeks!

I'm 100% with you. If you're gonna have a 360 degree camera for filming great shots, then it's better to have your drone in sight to properly set up the shot.

Thanks for the Lightbridge information!, How's the weather in your area of Canada? Here in Texas if it's not raining, then it's sunny and beautiful, but a bit breezy to fly this time of year(15-20 mph) a little difficult to fly in it smoothly and fight the breeze going or coming! Best of Wishes on your flights!

The snow is almost gone in my neck of the woods, rivers are rising... as is to be expected with melting snow/ice. Jacket still required in all temps but sun is out and days are getting longer! No winds, unless a blizzard decides to make one last stand. Spring is here which makes for great drone photography/videography. Happy flying neighbor!

Hi guys
So what are your opinions on the typhoon H vs phantom 4?
Here is a list that I made of the Pros and Cons of each
Personally, I would want the Typhoon because of a bunch of the reasons listed below, but the range and 400 feet max altitude is keeping me from buying it
Typhoon H:
Pros:

2 batteries included
the retractable landing gear
included 7" touchscreen in the controller
better CAS because it can face forwards at all times
360 degree gimbal
6 motors
foldable arms
$1300 price point
it possibly has GLONASS but I don't know
CONS:
22 mph top speed
400 feet max altitude
probably doesn't have GLONASS
doesn't follow you unless you are holding the transmitter
1-mile range
25-minute battery life

Phantom 4:
Pros:

45mph top speed
3-mile range
phantompilots.com
nicer look (opinion)
28-minute battery life

Cons:
It has 4 motors
Doesn't have a 360-degree camera and retractable landing gear

Please tell me if you know any other pros/cons

PROs: Folding arms are Carbon Fiber
GLONASS and GPS enabled
"Modular" Design will allow owner to add features to a base model, change cameras, etc.... Only add features you want/need.
"Top of the Line" Typhoon H with all the goodies will have ~$2100 price point (360* collision avoidance??)
"Team" control remote included on base model. Also can be used for follow me mode. (Smaller device)
"Auto descent braking" when the Typhoon H comes close to the ground, it slow descent for landing gear deployment.

The snow is almost gone in my neck of the woods, rivers are rising... as is to be expected with melting snow/ice. Jacket still required in all temps but sun is out and days are getting longer! No winds, unless a blizzard decides to make one last stand. Spring is here which makes for great drone photography/videography. Happy flying neighbor!
Likewise!

I'm waiting on the poweregg looks like fun

Reactions: Uke0755
I love those top # drone for 20xx videos.... Seems only the ones IN PRODUCTION are the ones you'll ever get to fly....

Anywho... Back to reality...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing