• Typhoon H

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Phantom 4

Votes: 41 60.3%

• Total voters
P

Phantom Flyer123

Hi guys
So what are your opinions on the typhoon H vs phantom 4?
Here is a list that I made of the Pros and Cons of each
Personally, I would want the Typhoon because of a bunch of the reasons listed below, but the range and 400 feet max altitude is keeping me from buying it
Typhoon H:
Pros:

2 batteries included
the retractable landing gear
included 7" touchscreen in the controller
better CAS because it can face forwards at all times
360 degree gimbal
6 motors
foldable arms
$1300 price point
it possibly has GLONASS but I don't know
CONS:
22 mph top speed
400 feet max altitude
probably doesn't have GLONASS
doesn't follow you unless you are holding the transmitter
1-mile range
25-minute battery life

Phantom 4:
Pros:

45mph top speed
3-mile range
phantompilots.com
nicer look (opinion)
28-minute battery life

Cons:
It has 4 motors
Doesn't have a 360-degree camera and retractable landing gear

Please tell me if you know any other pros/cons

I heard the price was going to be $1800 base model

wow guess they want to compete with dji

I still want a poweregg waiting for that one

Reactions: mrcrane2u
Yep... Original price was $1799 until DJI served up the P4 at $1399....

The included case is very nice looking... Also has " optional geofencing" where you opt in to use... Not out... That would be nice.

Competition is good for all of us... My P4 gets here tomorrow... Can't wait for this weekend...[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Typhon H is going to do ridiculously well because it's different from a Phantom and has an excellent modular system for upgrading... DJI could learn from this.

Looks difficult to backpack the H, too bulky even though the arms fold. Setup time when folded is a hassle too, I saw it at CES in January. Speed and distance are the two huge reasons I don't even think about the H as a contender. Wi-Fi communications is so old school.

Typhoon H:

No trying to find the right device to control it with.

No endless software and firmware updates.

No overreaching Geo fencing

No DJI customer service

Those are all positives for the T H in my book ( along with everything previously mentioned)

Different people, different wants/needs.

Whether you want to admit it or not, there are strong competitors out there and this is one of them. No way would the P4 have had so many upgrades with such a reasonable price if DJI wasn't concerned about them. We all win with this scenario. Pray that Yuneec does well because that will push DJI to work even harder.

That being said, I bought a P4... [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you serious? The Typhoon H has an actual 400' above takeoff limit built in? Like the 500m limit Phantom 3 & 4 has? That Con makes it impossible for me to consider at any price or with any other Pros. I know it says 400' on their website, but that's got to be overrideable?! I can't really believe they would do that. Even the 500m DJI limit substantially reduces the utility for some flights for me - it would be a whole different thing limited to 400', crippled and not comparable.

According to this German site the new Typhoon H has both GPS and GLONASS. Unfortunately, the site is all in German, so here's the direct Google translation.:)

Yuneec Typhoon H has built-in GPS and GLONASS in combination ensures that it always keeps the same position, even if it blows. With GPS and GLONASS do you ensure (especially in the north), to have constant fast and reliable localization of the drone, which it uses to ensure your flying position. This unit also makes sure to store the location of where the drone took off, so that it can automatically fly back and land, should there be any communication gaps between Ground Station and the drone.

Yuneec Typhoon H - Droner.dk

Edit: It's Danish, sorry.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Are you serious? The Typhoon H has an actual 400' above takeoff limit built in? Like the 500m limit Phantom 3 & 4 has? That Con makes it impossible for me to consider at any price or with any other Pros. I know it says 400' on their website, but that's got to be overrideable?! I can't really believe they would do that. Even the 500m DJI limit substantially reduces the utility for some flights for me - it would be a whole different thing limited to 400', crippled and not comparable.
thats what i saw on the website, i am probably wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair