Phantom 4 vs Typhoon H

I want/have the __________

• Typhoon H

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Phantom 4

Votes: 41 60.3%

• Total voters
This is pretty amazing! In this video the Typhoon H is dodging tree branches outside and finding it's way around them. I read that the Intel Real-sense avoidance system is almost 180 degrees. If this is true than the Typhoon H should be able to avoid many objects sticking out in all directions with the forward half of the craft.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
yuneec has one up on dji with there new avoidance system yeah look at your computer intel inside says it all

The "realsense" system from Intel is NOT on the base model, and will be an add-on in the future.... A plug-n-play module.

The "realsense" system from Intel is NOT on the base model, and will be an add-on in the future.... A plug-n-play module.
Maybe but at least they have add ons.

Just saw this video with Intel's CEO, they have it fly autonomously through an obstacle course while leading then following a cyclist. Very impressive - leaves the phantom 4 for dead,

Has anyone seen this? A friend sent it to me from a Chinese forum the other day.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 5.30.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 5.30.49 PM.png
    775.8 KB · Views: 520
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 5.31.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 5.31.06 PM.png
    612.5 KB · Views: 516
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 5.31.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 5.31.21 PM.png
    682.9 KB · Views: 389
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 5.31.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 5.31.36 PM.png
    800.3 KB · Views: 437
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 5.32.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 5.32.10 PM.png
    425.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 7.10.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 7.10.18 AM.png
    754.7 KB · Views: 441
Has anyone seen this? A friend sent it to me from a Chinese forum the other day.
Did you ever open up a phantom 2, looked pretty much the same. The phantom 3 was built using newer processes. Given the typhoon H has components built by Intel, I would expect it to be more refined as well.

Doesn't work like people where " Don't judge a person by the outside, but their inside" with drones it 's " Don't judge a drone by the inside , but by their outside " ! lol !, maybe the guy/gal had already loosened the boards and wires etc. before they took the pictures, or was putting in back together and snapped the picture halfway through? Who knows?!.

Did you ever open up a phantom 2, looked pretty much the same. The phantom 3 was built using newer processes. Given the typhoon H has components built by Intel, I would expect it to be more refined as well.

I disagree. A P2 did not have a rats nest of wires everywhere.

Funny how the P3 pictures are of the Gimbal, and the Yuneec pictures are from inside the main body... Not a 'fair' comparison by any means...
The Yuneec also has a removable camera (snaps on/off) so I'm assuming some of that electronics is tucked away in the main body.

Then again, we're supposed to be comparing the Phantom 4 to the Yuneec Typhoon H... NOT the Phantom 3 to the Q500 4K. Just sayin' ;)

Reactions: evman
Funny how the P3 pictures are of the Gimbal, and the Yuneec pictures are from inside the main body... Not a 'fair' comparison by any means...
The Yuneec also has a removable camera (snaps on/off) so I'm assuming some of that electronics is tucked away in the main body.

Then again, we're supposed to be comparing the Phantom 4 to the Yuneec Typhoon H... NOT the Phantom 3 to the Q500 4K. Just sayin' ;)
I agree MrMcFly, seems we've gotten away from the topic about as far as the FAA's height restriction!

The Typhoon H does look so very different flying around.... one would say... Alien like? I see why the Phantom is called the Phantom as it is pretty much a ghost in the sky. The Typhoon H is bound to spook someone as to what the hell it is. It's growing on me.

Reactions: GoodnNuff and evman
Just saw this video with Intel's CEO, they have it fly autonomously through an obstacle course while leading then following a cyclist. Very impressive - leaves the phantom 4 for dead
Whether the Typhoon H lives up to it's pre-release hype is still to be seen and until it gets into the hands of users it's only something to hope for.
People get caught up with the next big drone, believing the marketing material and assuming it will automatically be better than what they already have.
Anyone remember the Tali H500 or 3DR Solo?

It's amazing how much traction the marketing gimmick of object avoidance has developed.
If you really need to fly your drone through an obstacle course, go for it.
But flying close to and towards obstacles isn't something drones are made for.
For most flying obstacle avoidance is about as useful as screen doors on a submarine (or a zoom lens on a drone).
Of all the things for drone makers to allocate development resources to, obstacle avoidance is about the last on my list.

For most flying obstacle avoidance is about as useful as screen doors on a submarine (or a zoom lens on a drone).
Of all the things for drone makers to allocate development resources to, obstacle avoidance is about the last on my list.
I think actually drones are made for obstacle avoidance, they are agile, small and can be programmed. The technology will only get better and better, it can already dodge real trees with branches.

And yes it may be last on some peoples lists, but for all the billions of selfy lovers out there, it's the only thing they want, and they will pay for it, hence the hype.

Whether the Typhoon H lives up to it's pre-release hype is still to be seen and until it gets into the hands of users it's only something to hope for.
People get caught up with the next big drone, believing the marketing material and assuming it will automatically be better than what they already have.
Anyone remember the Tali H500 or 3DR Solo?

It's amazing how much traction the marketing gimmick of object avoidance has developed.
That's your personal opinion!, which you are entitled too! "Hope" is the essence of "Faith" and faith is "Believing" if you don't believe in anything your life is void !. Let's see what it has to offer before we blast it to oblivion before it gets into our hands. As for me I think a zoom lens would be handy in taking aerial stills on certain of my commercial projects ( building/structure deterioration etc.) .If you are in love with DJI so much, so be it, it's peoples choice, as for me, I am more open to change and welcome new technologies and opportunities, and without "Hope" where would the drone market or any market be today?

The Phantom's external design to me, specially the 4, looks really refined and seemless coming off from a robotic production line while the H looks prototype, technical, and raw like something that put together off from a pro hobbyist's hands.

Reactions: QuadBart
The Phantom's external design to me, specially the 4, looks really refined and seamless coming off from a robotic production line while the H looks prototype, technical, and raw like something that put together off from a pro hobbyist's hands.
I prefer handmade myself! I do have the P2 and P3 good machines, but you'll definitely see how seamed they are when they fly off for no reason found by DJI Tech and smack a tree and come apart at the seams and more! Although any unit would do that, Just want to try something different and new!

I prefer handmade myself! I do have the P2 and P3 good machines, but you'll definitely see how seamed they are when they fly off for no reason found by DJI Tech and smack a tree and come apart at the seams and more! Although any unit would do that, Just want to try something different and new!
The Phantoms all remind me of little white jellyfish flying through the aerial sea, while my 3DR and Yuneec drones look more sci-fi like, filtered through my imaginative view.

Reactions: liketogethigh
Ahhh... that's because you are used to the Phantom and obstacle avoidance in the front. Consider this: If you were a photographer/videographer and you wish to get somewhat close to your subject (whatever it may be), you have to visually be aware of what is behind you cause your Phantom camera looks forward, as does the obstacle avoidance. But what if you could approach your subject and spin the craft 180 degrees so that now the *** end is pointing at the subject and your obstacle avoidance is now pointing away from your subject. Next spin the camera 180 degrees so it is facing your subject. Now you have "eyes" on what is in front of you and "obstacle avoidance on what is behind you". Can't do this with a Phantom, but you can with the Typhoon.

Anyone who needs the above should consider the Typhoon. If you don't need it, then no real reason to get it. I could see Photographers going for the Typhoon H.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub