Just ordered my Typhoon H in lieu of P4

Do you mean like the default settings in the DJI Go app for limit and altitude that can be change without a hack? If that's the case then that's a horse of a different color.

Do you mean like the default settings in the DJI Go app for limit and altitude that can be change without a hack? If that's the case then that's a horse of a different color.
Yes. My info comes from this YouTube video. Go to the 4 min & 50 sec point... the guy answers the question about height.

Does DJI hold the only patent on the Lightbridge technology? I love everything I saw about the Typhoon H except for its Phantom 2 vision Plus Wifi range. :(

Amimon makes the Connex which is better than Lightbridge. It costs $1,500 though. So far, DJI is the only one to embed it.

There's talk on the yuneec forum about the realistic range of the H as being about 1,000 feet. What a shame!

It would an excellent machine but until yuneec don't find a way to have the same video/control performance of P3 i will not buy yuneec products.

Your right. I just spoke online with a yuneec rep. Stating it will come with a styrofoam backpack insert. I wonder what that looks like!!!
im sure it will look exactly like the P4 styrofoam case.

im sure it will look exactly like the P4 styrofoam case.
I think you're right. In this photo, the Typhoon H is sitting in a styrofoam case, which I'm guessing is the case it's shipped in, for those who buy the $1299 entry level version.

TYPHOONCASE.jpg

I believe the H also records camera angle with waypoints as well, something the phantom does not do. So that's a notable benefit. However, neither could get me footage like this that I flew yesterday with litchi, a mile long continuous run. This is where it's at for me.

Man, Port Jefferson is a beautiful place to fly. I've never flown there, but I'm going to probably soon. Last Memorial Day Weekend, before I had a drone, Some young guy was flying his Phantom there, he gave me his business card (he posts on Youtube and makes a nice living I think), and watching the drone and seeing some of the videos he showed me on his iPad really gave me the fever. Bought a Yuneec Q500+ and plan on flying there when the weather gets nice.

That is some fantastic footage, is this a P3P ? Or a P4 ?

Man, Port Jefferson is a beautiful place to fly. I've never flown there, but I'm going to probably soon. Last Memorial Day Weekend, before I had a drone, Some young guy was flying his Phantom there, he gave me his business card (he posts on Youtube and makes a nice living I think), and watching the drone and seeing some of the videos he showed me on his iPad really gave me the fever. Bought a Yuneec Q500+ and plan on flying there when the weather gets nice.

That is some fantastic footage, is this a P3P ? Or a P4 ?
That's a P3A. Thanks for watching!

I was on the fence about the P4 and just can't see spending $1400 for something that very few owners appear to rave about. I'm going to keep my P3P since it owes me nothing and has been trouble free and an absolute pleasure to fly. Although the Typhoon H is limited to 1 mile with its wifi, its many features including the 360 degree camera, built in FPV, 6 rotors, retractable landing gear and of course its 'stealth' appearance has me hooked. Purchased on Amazon therefore, I'll have 30 days to decide if whether or not this will satisfy my needs.
It certainly looks like an amazing drone, I would love to have one some day. Love the way the arms fold making it easy to transport anywhere in a backpack. Having the Q500+, the transmitter of the H looks so amazing compared to the ST10+. Retractable landing gear is a nice touch with that 360 degree camera. Just an amazing piece of technology. Congrats on taking the plunge.

You do know about the rule on line of sight?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Could you please elaborate? Last I heard this was a guideline and not written as law. I could be wrong though which is why I respectfully ask that you please expand on this.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wouldn't call a styrofoam box a case, but it's something I suppose.
+1

The P4 case is a bit awkward to carry and not much space for the extra items.

I picked up the Lowepro 450 recently for my P4. A bit pricey but well designed, provides plenty of storage space and good for travel.

DroneGuard BP 450 AW Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases

If you buy from their website and sign up for the periodic email, they give you 15% off.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes same here,
Holding off on the P4 until feedback comes in on the H. Been watching its progress very closely and impressed heaps. The only negative that affects me for what I do is its camera quality is not as good as the P4 results But I am guessing (as the battle for sales continues) Yuneec will fix that and I hope it will be sooner rather than later. The most useful things about the H over the P4 to me are ..
360 deg camera rotation (huge plus)
No props in shot (most annoying to see in shot)
No legs in shot.
Complete package (no need to spend another $800.00 bucks (AU) for a screen)
The pro version looks great.
Now its a waiting game until we know how the DJI/Yuneec battle goes in court.
I have 8 months before I decide which way I go.
No negatives in that either as I still have 2 x P2's with gopro flying around happily to entertain me.
Other bonus is, waiting 8 months will bring out lots more birds with great advancements so who knows, something else may crop up in that time.
I love competition !!!

This may help a bit to give you some more info. The lawsuit is apparently a non-issue at this time according to reports. As for Typhoon H camera & video quality, the jury is still out. Only test videos shown on Youtube were using the old model camera and not the final version. I don't even know if the final version was used in this video.

Thanks Captain,
Haven't seen that one mate. More about his trip than the unit but it all helps. Hope this thing really takes off for yuneec (no pun intended).

You do know about the rule on line of sight?

This is what everyone that flys products that have limited range say. Why not just say... I don't fly out further than 1000 feet and it doesn't matter to me.. to some having range does matter to others it doesn't. This will be my second prosumer quality bird. Having range on this one isn't as important because I already have one that can reach out. That said I am not buying until I am know exactly what to expect.. Good or bad.

Why does the release date keep being pushed back.??

In a recent video Yuneec said they boosted the video range of the Typhoon H. But honestly, it's not lightbridge but rather wifi so it will be susceptible to the usual interference. Yuneec says video range of 10000 feet with no interference. With interference, you could cut that range into a half mile or less.

The release date is still an issue. Most recent word is end April or early May. The Intel Realsense module is another problem. There is still no word on price or availability of this module. I'm guessing that Yuneec and Intel are trying to lower the cost by modifying production and that is holding that item up. I would not expect to see that add on until July or later.

Let me first say that I am not in the market for a higher end drone. But I do have some observations on the discussion.

I started with a DJI Standard and soon realized what the greater range of the Advanced would bring to the party as well as other upgraded features in the remote and so I decided to upgrade to the Advanced.

But one of the most important things that DJI has that is not mentioned very much is the SDK that allows a third party to offer a wide range of mission solutions. I feel that is a huge plus against the competition that can't be ignored. I REALLY like having Litchi and also like having the six or seven seven other app options to fly autonomous missions. Powerful software options if I want them.

The video above is very nice but I don't see anything about it that is different, that sets it apart from what DJI does already, either directly through the GO app or through a third party one. For that one video I can show a multitude of DJI videos that are just as or more amazing.

The range of hardware add ons available for DJI drones is tremendous and growing and is another major asset for me. Small solutions or improvements that are available because of the number of DJIs that have been sold.

I think that it will be a tough market for Yuneec, but not an impossible one... As an example, GoPro used to dominate the drone camera space... Not so much any more. The manufacturers of drones started offering really great cameras themselves.

In my case, if I were in the market, I would need something truly compelling to convince me that the Typhoon H is a better choice. At this point, I don't see it. Retracting legs and a 360 swiveling camera are both very nice features, but don't make up for the existing features and third party support in the DJI products.

I am sure the Typhoon H will be a very good product when it finally hits the street, but it would not convince me at this point.

My 2 cents.

Reactions: Scott99
Let me first say that I am not in the market for a higher end drone. But I do have some observations on the discussion.

I started with a DJI Standard and soon realized what the greater range of the Advanced would bring to the party as well as other upgraded features in the remote and so I decided to upgrade to the Advanced.

But one of the most important things that DJI has that is not mentioned very much is the SDK that allows a third party to offer a wide range of mission solutions. I feel that is a huge plus against the competition that can't be ignored. I REALLY like having Litchi and also like having the six or seven seven other app options to fly autonomous missions. Powerful software options if I want them.

The video above is very nice but I don't see anything about it that is different, that sets it apart from what DJI does already, either directly through the GO app or through a third party one. For that one video I can show a multitude of DJI videos that are just as or more amazing.

The range of hardware add ons available for DJI drones is tremendous and growing and is another major asset for me. Small solutions or improvements that are available because of the number of DJIs that have been sold.

I think that it will be a tough market for Yuneec, but not an impossible one... As an example, GoPro used to dominate the drone camera space... Not so much any more. The manufacturers of drones started offering really great cameras themselves.

In my case, if I were in the market, I would need something truly compelling to convince me that the Typhoon H is a better choice. At this point, I don't see it. Retracting legs and a 360 swiveling camera are both very nice features, but don't make up for the existing features and third party support in the DJI products.

I am sure the Typhoon H will be a very good product when it finally hits the street, but it would not convince me at this point.

My 2 cents.

Excellent post, I agree on a lot of the points you made here.

I'm not a DJI owner (I have a Yuneec Q500+ and a Parrot Bebop 2), but I think they are amazing products, hope to own one someday.

As far as the Yuneec Typhoon H, it has many features that I'm drawn to, such as the 360 degree camera, the portability (not just the mechanical landing gear but the folding arms too), as well as the better distance it gets over the other Yuneecs. Also the ST16 controller looks amazing and can do a lot more things than past Yuneec controllers.

That being said, it would be a tough sell vs the P4, in that you get the Lightbridge technology as well as the Glonass GPS in the P4, which could be a huge selling point.

Yuneec really is making it tough on drone fans who might not have thousands of disposable dollars on their hands. They have to make a tough choice. This battle really reminds me of Apple iPhones vs Android phones, and Nintendo vs Sega in the 1990s. DJI is definitely Apple & Nintendo, while Yuneec is the underdog Android and Sega, trying to dethrone the king who has a huge market share.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik