Phantom 4 vs Typhoon H

I want/have the __________

• Typhoon H

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Phantom 4

Votes: 41 60.3%

• Total voters
wow that wasn't to smart does have some great power

Illegal in a regulated sense, but if you get arrested and fined for a incident over 400' would it matter if it was a regulation or law?

No.. No... No... You can't get arrested for a recommendation.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm leaning toward the yuneec.. I'm going to get another bird but for sure I will let everyone else beta test it. Then.. Make s decision. I think it's a little shorts sighted to minimize lightbridge though. You don't have to fly outside then FAA regulations to take advantage of lightbridge. The signal is just more consistent than wifi. That said I'm leaning toward the yuneec. I already have a bird that can go miles if I want to... This bird with the retractable gear and 360 camera are huge pluses for me. I'm waiting though until all the bugs are worked out of both birds to make a decision. P4 is still in the running though.

No wonder DJI is doing everything they can to keep this baby from the market. This is going to take sale from both p4 and inspire one

Well this is promising. The information coming from NAB regarding the Typhoon H says that in "Follow-me mode" using the included handheld wizard controller (that thing that looks like your TV remote control), the Typhoon H can follow at a speed of over 40 MPH. In addition there is a barometer in the wizard controller and the Typhoon H, so that if you ski down a ski slope or climb a mountain with the wizard controller in your pocket, the Typhoon will also follow you down or up (change height as you do). This is something missing from the Phantom 4.

Here is a video showing what comes in the Typhoon H box and how to set it up for your first flight. Apparently there are no firmware or software updates to perform for the initial release.

very nice looking bird

Buyer's need to beware of the New Yuneec, Typhoon H Drone, battery charge time because it takes two hours plus to charge a single battery, for only 22-25 minutes of flight time. Also, extra batteries may not be available for purchase for a long time to come; I know because I spoke with a Yuneec USA Sales rep at: 855 284 8888. So go figure, before you buy!........Also, did you know that, in order to add the Intel Real Sense upgrade, one would have to send the drone back to the company because the Yuneec Typhoon H will have to be recalibrated afterward. So in cunclusion, you pay for the part, service and shipping both ways! Sounds like America and other countries have been targeted for a drone money Hu$tle.

So you're saying just wait until it's released with everything?

/yes, I'm being semi-sarcastic...I mean, how many times did that have to be posted?

Some guys with Inspire's are saying the 360 camera and raising gear, aren't that important for actual flying and photography. I'd love to have an Inspire to make my own decision.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have not seen any videos with sound yet. The ones where it is flying at CES 2016, you really can't hear any drone engine sounds. I'm told that since it has six props that the props turn slower than a Phantom and make less of a "Bee Buzzing" sound. Also, apparently (from what I have read) the camera has a mic built in, so you can record sound when flying. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that as all you'd hear are the motors.

You know what I would like, and not even saying it would get used that much, but it would be a nice addition to our hobby, is a loud speaker, one that you could talk to and people it was pointed to could hear you. Like "hey! Quit throwing rocks!" Or you know, whatever, "nice tits!" Lol

Reactions: CaptainDrone798
I don't think it needed to reposted to every person here....jeesus

Some guys with Inspire's are saying the 360 camera and raising gear, aren't that important for actual flying and photography.

I would say that is probably true in one man operations. I would say for 2 man operation it would be important. The raising landing gear and lower set camera would also likely be a benefit. Less chance of props in the photo,

Being new to drones, this was a dilemma for me as I wanted my first major drone purchase to be one that will carry me for a few years. I've spent weeks combing the internet for every tidbit of information that I could find and finally just broke down and bought the P4. I think ultimately I'm just hung up on the range of the H even though I'll likely never even go as far as one mile. I also do believe based on what I am reading that the H will be better suited for active outdoor sporting use? And I do definitely like the idea of a removable and replaceable camera. Night vision is pretty big in my industry and the inability to put it on the P4 is the verge of a deal breaker. I'm definitely enjoying the use of the P4 however I still have that poke in the back that's telling me I should have ordered the H. So if anyone has any compelling arguments of why I should return this thing and get the H, I've got about a week left in the return policy.

And I do definitely like the idea of a removable and replaceable camera. Night vision is pretty big in my industry and the inability to put it on the P4 is the verge of a deal breaker. I'm definitely enjoying the use of the P4 however I still have that poke in the back that's telling me I should have ordered the H. So if anyone has any compelling arguments of why I should return this thing and get the H, I've got about a week left in the return policy.
If I did not have a quad at all this would be an easy choice. p4 not a chance I would put money on a bird in its first iteration. P4 is a fantastic machine. Range range range.. Solid in flight not going to fail on you. Typhoon nobody knows... We do know that the range is poor and the link is wifi. I already have a P3 which is a notch below the p4. H is very different.. I can afford to take a chance on it because my backup is lights out. As far as the woulda coulda shoulda add ins for the H. The bird itself is already about a month delayed. Bird in the hand.

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
Here is a video showing what comes in the Typhoon H box and how to set it up for your first flight. Apparently there are no firmware or software updates to perform for the initial release.

Huh, no calibration or charging needed prior to initial flight. Cool!
image.gif

I can't wait until these actually are released. I really want to see what the experience is like from real people.. Not that hater demunseed ..

Reactions: Sim597
Having had my P4 a bit over two weeks now I've spent considerable time with Active Track mode and my 4 year old son. At altitudes of 50 feet it works really well but once you get it down below 15 feet it's really not overly impressive, especially when he's riding his bike. As long as he's moving forward and not making sudden change is in direction it does okay but it is not nearly as responsive as I had thought it would be. He also managed to back it right into a tree. Fortunately it just clipped the lower branches and I was able to grab it out of the air.

The Intel RealSense option paired with the 360 rotation of the camera really has my interest now seeing how the P4 behaved. I think the H is really going to shine when it comes to the need for agility and 360 degree CA. I'm not going to return my P4 but I've already prepared my wife that there's likely going to be another drone in the hangar.

I'm watching closely and will be reading all reviews, I have my return policy at Best Buy that's going to cover me about 16 days into the launch (if it does get launched Friday) if they're stellar, I may trade it in for an exchange. Of course seeing that I've owned the P4 I can compare and If let down, well, it'll be exchanged again, back to the P4. The real sense isn't even offered yet, and when it comes out you'll have to pay to have the unit sent to them, calibrated for the Intel thing, and then sent back, all at your expense and time of like 3-4 week turn around.
Others with the inspire have stated the 360 gimbal and raised gear aren't deal breakers at all. I for one think it has some good parts, and looks way cool, I also like the ST16 a lot. For me, I like things to look the look, and vs the P4, it makes it look like a toy compared to a real drone

I'm not going to do anything until the RealSense module is available. I'm very curious to know what the cost is going to be. Other than 6 rotors, the H doesn't offer me anything out of the box that I can foresee worth returning the P4.

This is pretty amazing! In this video the Typhoon H is dodging tree branches outside and finding it's way around them. I read that the Intel Real-sense avoidance system is almost 180 degrees. If this is true than the Typhoon H should be able to avoid many objects sticking out in all directions with the forward half of the craft.

Yeah, they used a Phantom to get the shot though! Lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart