Phantom 3 Standard Range Issue is a Common Problem

I would love to have a dozen of their cable's and check them . Bet none would be the same.
Is why I go with the others but bet if you did the same with them you would get the same results .
Quality is nothing anymore .

I have fitted Argtek and managed to 1500 feet then video signal started to get low.
What kind of distance people get with p3s when video signal started to drop?
Also notice both 2.4Ghz connector short together if put meter on it also I used mobile app with WiFi signal strength measure signal from control and notice it measure 13dbs on lhs nothing on right?

I would love to have a dozen of their cable's and check them . Bet none would be the same.
Is why I go with the others but bet if you did the same with them you would get the same results .
Quality is nothing anymore .
Dirk,
I was focused on the impedance of a working factory antenna and its attached cable, so others could test against there antennas that are having problems. I got the idea from previous post, but they were talking about continuity across the connector on the circuit board, I think. That's why I posted "Like a short". Hoping somebody would get a value instead of just continuity. I supposed ether end would be worth having a record of if this, if it is usable or readable. I would assume the antenna and cable would read open even at 20 meg?

Reactions: dirkclod
I think most of us are using the latest firmware just for safety of keeping up to date.
What is the latest firmware number. I see it listed as 1.3.50. The DJI website says 1.3.0050 which makes no sense. DO they even update their own website? What kind of million dollar company does not even know what the latest firmware is. Is there a way for me to downgrade to try and fix my current problems?

First off, are you referring to the most recent update?
And secondly, there are people here going well over 10,000' using some antenna mods like an Itelite on the ground end and modified bird antennas. Looks great and works well.

vimeo_144080865_thumb.jpg
full
I'm having the same trouble since I updated the newest firmware... Should I take it back to BestBuy? I'm losing signal @ 200 feet and it was great before I updated...

I have a bad feeling about this range problem, just a theory though, what if DJI (prior to 1.3.0050) didn't comply 100% with the FCC and CE regulations and had to change that with f/w 1.3.0050?
Another theory of my own is that since the firmware release in question was released during the "cold season" in many parts of the world could it be temperature related? I've noticed that leaving the aircraft and R/C outside for an hour (without battery) prior to flight when the temperature is apprx. or lower than 0C seems to affect the range as well....

Just my thoughts...

//Per

I have a bad feeling about this range problem, just a theory though, what if DJI (prior to 1.3.0050) didn't comply 100% with the FCC and CE regulations and had to change that with f/w 1.3.0050?
Another theory of my own is that since the firmware release in question was released during the "cold season" in many parts of the world could it be temperature related? I've noticed that leaving the aircraft and R/C outside for an hour (without battery) prior to flight when the temperature is apprx. or lower than 0C seems to affect the range as well....

Just my thoughts...

//Per
Good theory but why did some people get screwed and not others?

New firmware
I posted this in another thread but will do the same here as this seems more aligned to people having the problems.

Has anyone who was having short range loss of transmitter problems done the firmware update and noticed and improvement or fix. The notes for the update do not mention anything about this, but at the same time DJI never admitted there was a problem due to the last firmware update and they pushed this one out rather quickly. What I am hoping is they realized they created a problem, fixed it, and then pushed this one quickly and said to the development crew " tweak a few other easy things so we can put that in the notes but dont mention anything about the big problem we had"

Just found this....

PHANTOM 3 STANDARD Release Note
© 2016 DJI. All Rights Reserved.
Overview
1. All-in-One firmware Version: v1.4.60
2. DJI GO app iOS Version: v2.7.0
3. DJI GO app Android Version: v2.7.0
What’s New
1. Optimized compass accuracy.
2. Fixed unprompted exits from HDR mode.

Just found this....

PHANTOM 3 STANDARD Release Note
© 2016 DJI. All Rights Reserved.
Overview
1. All-in-One firmware Version: v1.4.60
2. DJI GO app iOS Version: v2.7.0
3. DJI GO app Android Version: v2.7.0
What’s New
1. Optimized compass accuracy.
2. Fixed unprompted exits from HDR mode.
I just updated app to 2.70 to see how it was and so far no issue with a few flights but still on Firmware1.3.50
But
I believe this update will turn all the led lights permanently green,
I do like green $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :)

Iv connected my p3s and app to the net... no update mentioned.
Doesn't it automatically tell you when there is an update ?

Same here, no update showing... it normally says new firmware available in DJI GO app when available...

Did they officially release it yet?

Last edited:
Same here, no update showing... it normally says new firmware available in DJI GO app when available...

Did they officially release it yet?
I've been seeing it in the app store for awhile on the go app and seems I saw the firmware awhile back but chose not to see it again.

To the people having short range transmitter problems after the last update, which was myself, this update has appeared to help at least somewhat. Previously I couldnt get 400 feet no matter how hard I tried. Just took it out this morning and got a thousand feet distance. About 15 feet high striaght ahead right over a small pond.

Still not anywhere near the 1km that they advertise, nowhere near the mile that some people claim they are getting without any mods. It is good enough to get me through my vacation and then I will send it in. Still frustrating though. Really wish DJI would say something official

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl