Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

RodPad

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I was having no problems up to Aug 20th with anything. I believe my unit did an update before Aug 22nd on the second battery, but never flew it until the 22nd.

Anyways now I can get as little as 40' away and I get week remote signal (Transmitter) If I keep going and it will go into RTH.

The FPV and incoming data works, remote does start beeping at me. I can get control back flipping S1 switch down, then up. I have flown this 5 times around my house with no problems. Since the 22nd I have tried 9 times. I have relinked Phantom and Remote and got to scan for best frequency. Not sure if they are the same thing but I tried both with link success. Of coarse I have tried all batts charged. I been trying to find how to calibrate IMU. But the Pro and Adv remotes seem to have two usb connections mine has only the small one that doesn't hook to my tablet, what I am missing.

The FPV and incoming data works, remote does start beeping at me.
That is a clue... A remote controller beeping sound for a Phantom 2 means it has a low battery; or it has been left turn on too long.
Low battery could mean less power to the 5.8ghz control uplink radio inside the controller.

Thanks, Since the WIFI Module is built in to the remote my thoughts were the remote is reporting the phantom cannot pickup up the remote transmitting signals. It is a double beep, I think, when the display is saying no remote signal.

Does anybody have an idea on how to do a IMU calibrate on P3-Std, I have not found any documentation on DJI Go and P3-Std.

I used this photo since I started posting on these forums because my P3 V+ V3.0 was bad out of the box. I sent it in for repair and 5 weeks later I got it back. July 26th I lost mine in deep woods. 15 Miles from home but takes an hour to get there. Where it disappeared is very rough terrain. I bought another because I was having so much fun using it and the missing one is probably stuck in some old growth, those trees are about 200' tall. I was getting adjusted with the new unit and was going to use last Sunday but this problem showed up. 5 of us I spent many hours looking for it. Its been dry but that supposed to change quickly. I do have a Marco Polo tracker now.

Last edited:
OK,
Remote beeps twice with pause, until it lands, display says lost remote connection, (RTH). Which is what it does.

Yep,
So did mine, but this one does it when the DJI displays lost connection with remote.

It appears to me you make many posts to advertise.

OK, I will believe you.

Hi all,

I appear to be having a similar problem with my p3s although I think I might have a faulty antenna full stop. As I can get no higher or further than 30m away with the RTH function kicking in.

Thanks for the help I figured out how to do the IMU and I just did it.
I still have the same problem.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I appear to be having a similar problem with my p3s although I think I might have a faulty antenna full stop. As I can get no higher or further than 30m away with the RTH function kicking in.

I might have got that far, but I get weak transmitter way before that.
What do you mean by "antenna full stop"?
Did yours every work correctly?

I might have got that far, but I get weak transmitter way before that.
What do you mean by "antenna full stop"?
Did yours every work correctly?

Hi RodPad,

On the first day I took it for a quick flight and pushed it as far 60m, with no signal loss or problems. The weather then took a turn for the worse for a few days so I packed it away.
On the Thursday I finally got to take it out again, and on my first flight got no further in height or distance than 10m, before the RTH kicked in.
I took it home and inspected the remote and the antenna lead looked loose, upon moving the lead I was left with this.
My question simply is, can this be repaired at home simply by a competent individual or does it need to be sent away.
image.jpg

Wow, It is Friday 4:30 Pm. I will be at home and taking mine apart at 6:00 pm. I was suspicious because at first my antenna didn't seem to want to move. I didn't mess with it, it worked. So now it moves like my P2V+ and I have this problem.
I will be back.

IMG_9360.JPG

Unless you have connector on the end of your wire like mine, you better send it in. The last bottom chip with white blob is where it hooks to.

Reactions: Mark Y
I am going to find a place where my Phantom is at a weak signal position, play with the cable to the main antenna in the remote just in case is about to break like yours. If I can find the weak spot I will try to stable it and try to get at least two flights to look for the lost one before the rains hit.

Thanks for your picture!

No.. I do not make many posts to advertise.
I have a strong interest to know more about the P3S.

Well, I need to fix my comments.

Part 1
I get home, take it for a flight.
I have a lot of trees, when I fly around my house I set RTH to 150'.

Intermitting connection, what is it going to do?
It does many different things. It has done the RTH, but it appears that if your still trying to control it the RTH gets canceled. It's very scary.

I had followed your link, thought this guy knows this stuff.
I replied with my test results.
Your reply to me, was duh to me.

Part 2
It annoys me that the images and personal informatiion are larger than the posts.
The important information is small, the reputation on ever post overwhelms what you looking for.

Well, I need to fix my comments.

Part 1
I get home, take it for a flight.
I have a lot of trees, when I fly around my house I set RTH to 150'.

Intermitting connection, what is it going to do?
It does many different things. It has done the RTH, but it appears that if your still trying to control it the RTH gets canceled. It's very scary.

I had followed your link, thought this guy knows this stuff.
I replied with my test results.
Your reply to me, was duh to me.

Part 2
It annoys me that the images and personal informatiion are larger than the posts.
The important information is small, the reputation on ever post overwhelms what you looking for.

I had no joy in re-attaching my cable into the crimp. I even popped the crimp off but still couldn't manage to get it fully home.
Ive contacted DJI a few days ago regarding this problem but all I've had is automated response so far. Is there anyway I can just full replace the antenna completely?.

Well the tests I did yesterday did not get me anywhere, everything looks good in the remote. Decided not to mess with the connector from the antenna that goes into the TX board since it looked good and was glued in place. I really wanted to pull it and try my other remote antenna on it. I don't even know if it is the same. Testing the Phantom at about 80' ?. I could easily throw a rock that far.

It set it up tied it down with a string in case it took off, the antenna on the remote seem to have the best signal at 90 degrees to my left. But watching the signals levels it just keeps jumping way to much.

I can have full signal on DJI GO. Move my hand behind the remote and I can get a display of "weak remote controller" or "lost remote controller".

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan